AIR JORDAN 13 BLACK/WHITE/TRUE RED RETRO AFTERMATH AKA Vol 2 THREAD NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING (3/16/

Did you buy the Blacktoe XIII aka He Got Games

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Doubled up

• 2++

• Total voters
Got these from Nike store. Had a quick check on the day but missed this broken eyelet. Feel half a size bigger than the playoffs in the toebox but thats it for me. Much nicer material and feel to this shoe.
You should be able to stitch that up easy.

Dammit looks like these were in stock at some point today on FTL, Champs, eastbay, and Foot action.  Look like there now all out of stick was trying to add the 11.5, but no dice.  **** my life !!!!!

You should be able to stitch that up easy.
Took them to shoe repairer. He said he could fix it but couldnt guarantee that he could restitch the seam in exactly the same place. Scared me off. No one notices it except me so I think I will just leave it.

Dammit looks like these were in stock at some point today on FTL, Champs, eastbay, and Foot action.  Look like there now all out of stick was trying to add the 11.5, but no dice.  **** my life !!!!!

There was a restock of these at those retailers and they never reminded us of it? Sheeeesh! You gotta be kiddin' me!

it wasn't really a restock just a few sizes popped up like usual. I'll never catch a restock this way these days. Copped my aquas and playoffs from finishline and eastbay this way but that's when there weren't bots and thousands of hypebeasts trying to cop every kick.

I saw some guy walking around with these and the bred 11s on today smh I never understood why someone would where two different shoes. That just makes you look like a dumbass IMO

I saw some guy walking around with these and the bred 11s on today smh I never understood why someone would where two different shoes. That just makes you look like a dumbass IMO

90% of the things "sneakerheads" do these days makes u look like a dumbass.

Dude in the retro 8s thread from this weekend was askin everyone should he wear a hand tag on his new 8s. Why add a hang tag to a shoe that dnt come with one. Why wear the hang tag on any shoe anyway?

SMMFH

90% of the things "sneakerheads" do these days makes u look like a dumbass.

Dude in the retro 8s thread from this weekend was askin everyone should he wear a hand tag on his new 8s. Why add a hang tag to a shoe that dnt come with one. Why wear the hang tag on any shoe anyway?

SMMFH
exactly.. what makes it even worse is he's asking should he wear a hang tag... i respect guys who like to be unique and have that "I do me" mentality, but going around asking if it's cool or not is kinda sad. I totally agree with not putting hang tags on shoes, especially ones that don't come with em.  But if a guy is like "I think it looks best with the hang tag on there and i don't give a crap what you think", then more power to him.   

Last edited:
it's funny to me how some people buy extra hang tags....
indifferent.gif
 if I ever bought a shoe that had a tag on it I wouldn't even want the tag on them still while in the box on the way home

Soon as I get the shoes the first thing I do is take that stupid hang tag off. Its just sitting in the box of all my 4s and the WC3s. Forgot the 10s and 12s came with those paper ones

Upon initial release I was absolutley CRUSHED as I wasn't able to secure these White n Black XIII's. I tried to secure on line but that was a disaster and I came up short on numerous sites.

As an older gent, I WAS NOT standing in a line to secure. I've had a supurb connect for years but sadly he was promoted to manager in Louisville. I stayed a true soldier and RELIGIOUSLY scoured Craigslist every other day searching throughout Ohio & Indaina until I saw a size 10 at the right price. My patience has finally paid off.

Well yesterday I secured a worn once size 10 for $120.00 (he initially asked for $150) Footlocker receipt and box included. Pair looks brand new. After I thoroughly cleaned the sole they could almost pass for deadstock. I got VERY lucky as this younger collector was getting sorta bored with less flashy J's and is migrating more into the wildly colorful Lebron line & KD's.

I actually bought a Bred IV & XI low (white/red) from this same young lad a few weeks earlier. I got the XI lows for about $70 bucks.. they were 8 outta 10 condition and a wee bit dirty. I bleached the strings and toothbrush cleaned the mesh and they are BORN AGAIN XI's now. The Bred IV looked 8 1/2 outta 10....wiped them down, they look worn but PERFECT now; I got those for $130.

This is what happened with the guy.....when we initially began texting, he mentioned he had NUMEROUS potential sales before he sold them to me but for one reason or another he hadn't had a chance to get back to them yet. It was obvious two true shoeheads had come together when we talked.....seemed as though he just "LIKED" me for some reason.

Once I picked up the 1st 2 pairs (Bred IV's & XI lows) and we met I could tell he respected my shoe game. I gave the young cat some pointers and discussed things that make certain shoes "POP" He really respected all the things I knew and the history I threw at him. I think one point that hit home with this cat is that oftentimes it aint just the shoe that makes presentation come together but both the person & the shoe....it's how you wear them too and what you wear them with. For instance I recommended that his "sloppy shoe string" look is questionable. In a matter of fact way I just told him to go for a neater more snug look. I quoted the movie "Paid N Full and just said "neatness is GODLY NESS" and left it at that.  

Anyways....a few days later we keep texting each other and he mentions he also has the "He Got Games" that he wanted to dump....young cat even held them for me a couple weeks until I got the bread to buy them. DING DING DING!! This was the shoe I was REALLY scouring Craigslist for to begin with. I think he wasn't going to let these go originally but he knew I really wanted em.

I don't bash the younger cats, they are different but the love is there and they have every right to buy whatever they like. I just let them know to don't sleep on the cats who made this whole sneaker thing into a phenominon to begin with. We do it old school baby!

Nice little story..........

^^ Good story. But I believe true sneaker aficionados are a dying breed. I can count on one hand the real passionate enthusiast of this so called hobby. Many others are blinded by money, or the high of making money. But money doesn't make everything.

Back
Top Bottom