Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

You guys have been saying this for the past 4 releases. How long do you think $1200 lasts exactly? Like J’s haven’t been selling out for the past 2 decades. Like D-Boys and hustlers aren’t the ones that made J’s popular to begin with.

Some folks on NT took Steve Mnuchin seriously when he said that check was gonna last folks 10 week.s

You guys have been saying this for the past 4 releases. How long do you think $1200 lasts exactly? Like J’s haven’t been selling out for the past 2 decades. Like D-Boys and hustlers aren’t the ones that made J’s popular to begin with.

agree with what you said except for the last sentence. I’d argue that some guy named Michael made Js popular to begin with

haha I figure they’re referring to the people getting unemployment checks that are somehow more than what their original salary would’ve been, the people saving money on food, day care, gas, random shopping by seeing stuff in-person at stores & having added temptation online, & people wanting to relive memories sparked by the last dance.

I know my girl is one of them...buying up everything(cheaper hobbies luckily...but...) & part of it is this extra cash flow from a break in our normal food/gas/going out habits. There’s extra money floating around for more than just the stimulus checks

agree with what you said except for the last sentence. I’d argue that some guy named Michael made Js popular to begin with

Not popular to the point of creating mass hysteria for shoe releases. The streets did that. MJ was great. The GOAT actually. But when you look and see people lined up for Jordan releases its mostly kids that never even saw him play or know much about him. All they know is what they’ve seen on the feet of the popular people around them and that was passed down from the hustlers. It’s about being fly. And MJ is the last person you think of when it comes to getting fresh. Nothing to do with basketball for most.

haha I figure they’re referring to the people getting unemployment checks that are somehow more than what their original salary would’ve been, the people saving money on food, day care, gas, random shopping by seeing stuff in-person at stores & having added temptation online, & people wanting to relive memories sparked by the last dance.

I know my girl is one of them...buying up everything(cheaper hobbies luckily...but...) & part of it is this extra cash flow from a break in our normal food/gas/going out habits. There’s extra money floating around for more than just the stimulus checks
I'm very tempted to sell some of my 8.5-9 Rookies from '88-earlier in Basketball and some of my MJ memorabilia cards (I have 6 Auto'd cards)

A lot of people who still working got that stimulus checks... Also not to mention people on unemployment getting that extra $600 a week. So that's an extra $2400 a month.

A lot of people who still working got that stimulus checks... Also not to mention people on unemployment getting that extra $600 a week. So that's an extra $2400 a month.

I’ve gotten some of that as well but I also haven’t missed a release I wanted since 98’ so what does that have to do with anything? People find a way to get what they want regardless of if they have it or not.

I’ve gotten some of that as well but I also haven’t missed a release I wanted since 98’ so what does that have to do with anything? People find a way to get what they want regardless of if they have it or not.

Just saying with all the government help. A lot more people have extra money right now. A few of my nephews don't want to go back to work because they are making more on unemployment and been buying more shoes than they usually do.

Last edited:
You’re preaching to the choir about appreciating the OGs. That’s all I’ve ever been about but to what extent? They’re never going to be exact copies of the OG. They never have been. Even the ones that we feel are made closer to the OG like the 11s and 10s is still off in many ways if you want to get extremely technical which is a sport for a lot of these guys. Like I said it’s a miserable way to think because there’s never going to be any satisfaction in that. Complaining for the most part seems to be is just the thing to do on NT these days. Starting in ‘05 they changed the color to flint blue and the tongue lining and next to nobody batted an eye and many hold the ‘05 in high regard. To me by simple default the 2020 is “closer“ to the OG than the ‘05 for sake of using the correct navy instead of flint blue and OG box. For anyone that’s pissed about these, you must have been pissed for the last 15 years (not 10). Because they’ve been different from the OG since the very first retro in ‘05.
“They’re never going to be exact”.... is exactly why they’re aren’t going to be. As consumers, we have the loudest voice and don’t have to say a word. You can silently not purchase them. 💯 the same way if we want political change in this country, it has to be done right. I’ve been saying for 2 months now, look at what new balance does and the time and detail they put into the JP1300 retro. And new balance has been doing it SINCE THEY STARTED RETROING THEM. They’re E X A C T copies of the original. THENNN tell me Nike and JB CANT DO BETTER. Anyone who thinks they can’t, truly doesn’t understand business. 💯

yall think these will see out? I want them to his the disco so i can get a cheap pair and hoop in

There should be a site that gives us niketalk members first dibbs !!
How is this not a thing yet.. are we not holding it down 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #TeamNikeTalk :nthat:
Sadly not as much as we think we are. I'm on forums for comics, other hobbies, and everything, that even has the creators and higher up in the creative process visiting often...and we are still just the very tip of the iceberg. I'm sure it's the same here.

Just picked up my pair from Hibbets

20200530_084505.jpg
20200530_084457.jpg

They’ve dropped on a few sites already (Undefeated, Creme) and they instantly sold out. I have a feeling these aren’t going to be quite as easy as some of us thought.

Back
Top Bottom