Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

I never understood why Mike never wore these, especially given his affinity and appreciation of the model ... in this color way, while on the Wizards. The blue perfectly syncs up.

:smh:

Anyway, these are unexpected fire. I'm tempted to buy. Even given the economic conditions, and those White Bred XI lows being by ideal summer shoe, that I want to absolutely double up on.

Might ask the old lady to buy me these :lol:

I never understood why Mike never wore these, especially given his affinity and appreciation of the model ... in this color way, while on the Wizards. The blue perfectly syncs up.

:smh:

Anyway, these are unexpected fire. I'm tempted to buy. Even given the economic conditions, and those White Bred XI lows being by ideal summer shoe, that I want to absolutely double up on.

Might ask the old lady to buy me these :lol:

white bred xi lows pushed back to 6/20.

That’s my favorite XIII and thats why I passed on them. Such a shame JB disrespects this model. They can make a nice 1, 6, and 11 but jack up the 13. Jerks.
Yeah they’re such a dope colorway. Unfortunately I think JB hasn’t used soft buttery leather on 13s since what 2004/2005?
I still love wearing the 2018 black-toe 13s. They're dang comfortable, the zoom is bouncy, and they look pretty good. It is for sure a shame what they do on the toes of the modern 13s, but no way that was going to stop me from buying that pair. Zero regrets.

I still love wearing the 2018 black-toe 13s. They're dang comfortable, the zoom is bouncy, and they look pretty good. It is for sure a shame what they do on the toes of the modern 13s, but no way that was going to stop me from buying that pair. Zero regrets.
I had the OG’s and just couldn’t get past the toe and tongue leather. I’ll probably be dead by the time they retro again.

Last edited:
The last 13 I bought was the he got games that released in 2018, the leather on the side panels and tongue were decent but the toe box leather was horrible, it has that “anti crease” type cardboard pleather.
I think they do that to prevent creasing though... Same thing on like the white/red 14 retro from last year.

I had the OG’s and just couldn’t get passed the toe and tongue leather. I’ll probably be dead by the time they retro again.
Yup, you know you done ****** up for that very reason, which is why I couldn't pass :lol:
I think they do that to prevent creasing though... Same thing on like the white/red 14 retro from last year.
Amusingly because of--at least in part--years of dinks on NT complaining that their shoes creased SMFH

I'm ready for a new pair. Very clean colorway. Had mine since college. I've been playing pick up in the melos xiii, grey toes and more recently the cherries. If they fit like the latest cherries, I might try to cop and extra to hoop in. Hope everyone is well and is able to cop if you want them!
20200429_202006.jpg
20200429_201919.jpg
20200429_202014.jpg

My pair from 05 has separated. I’ll most likely be in on these. Hopefully the grey doesn’t bleed onto the pods like the 05’s did.

I don't care so much about leather quality unless it's absolute trash (I'm looking at you CDP 2's). I care more about shape and being true to the little details of the OG. 13's are one of the few OG's I owned (playoffs) and I don't remember being blown away by the leather quality. In fact, going all the way back to the 80's I don't remember anyone talking about the leather quality of their basketball shoes. Ever. Just my experience...

I don't care so much about leather quality unless it's absolute trash (I'm looking at you CDP 2's). I care more about shape and being true to the little details of the OG. 13's are one of the few OG's I owned (playoffs) and I don't remember being blown away by the leather quality. In fact, going all the way back to the 80's I don't remember anyone talking about the leather quality of their basketball shoes. Ever. Just my experience...
The leather back then was way better, as well as the volume of zoom units.

Over population, control and cut down on leather usage, and the shoes being basically cheaper brand replicas.

No one commented on leather quality back then because it was all we knew. Was just normal.

You don’t know how bad the current material quality is until you can juxtaposed it to the last quality. That’s why we talk about it now as people who experienced the OGs.

Last edited:
I have a few pair of 1998 models ds and the quality is amazing. Some of the best leather ever on a hoops shoe imo. Actually still owning the og Is unfortunately what always keeps me from being able to enjoy an of these retros. They’re so incredibly different. Other than 2005 I can’t get down with retro 13s.

The 5s release was a total **** show. This release shall be madness. All preparations must made. Been wanting these a long time..... now that the 5s are secured, these have my absolute full attention

How was the 5s a ***** show? I’ve been getting all kinds of tweets saying they’re available and adding to carts still.

How was the 5s a ***** show? I’ve been getting all kinds of tweets saying they’re available and adding to carts still.

results vary. Failed on everything till I got lucky on DTLR. Just trying to be prepared so I won’t have to rely on luck

Back
Top Bottom