Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Question. Did Jordan ever wear these at all? I cant find any pictures with him wearing these on or off the court.

Putting the challenge out there to my fellow NT’ers...I’ve only ever seen this pic of Mike wearing the Flints...Just a grainy magazine clipping that I found probably 20 years ago now...I know there has to be more out there but I’ve never personally been able to find them...

FFBFDF9F-0870-4A88-A7A0-10EA3461AD2A.png
Post is up on the @ogsupportgroup page.

Mike should’ve wore these on the Wiz. Just doesn’t make any sense man.

He wore retros that fit their color scheme like True Blue 3s, and evening ones that didn’t to full extent like Cool Grey 9s and 11s.

Especially considering he loved the 13. Definitely more so than the two baseball inspired cleat models in the 9 and 10.

But not the shoe with actual Wizard Blue? Odd to say the least. When they first released originally I thought they were supposed to be his All Star Game sneaks.

After 96 Colombias he kept that mid winter release as a navy, white with hints of Carolina blue colorway

I don't care so much about leather quality unless it's absolute trash (I'm looking at you CDP 2's). I care more about shape and being true to the little details of the OG. 13's are one of the few OG's I owned (playoffs) and I don't remember being blown away by the leather quality. In fact, going all the way back to the 80's I don't remember anyone talking about the leather quality of their basketball shoes. Ever. Just my experience...
I owned the OG “he got games and “flints” in 8th grade. The tumbled leather at the time of release was extremely soft/high quality. Which is why EVERY OG 13 creased so heavy where your pinky toe and the next toe bend. With that said, wtf did that do to the soles!?!? I sold my 2010 a few years back when they confirmed these were releasing. There’s subtle details to the 2020 that they really messed up that changes the shoe for me. I laugh at the dudes talking about doubling up on garbage
8263B555-F3A4-48E0-B289-860975AF73F9.jpeg
5642F013-8B82-475E-9D34-96C6DD7B8D03.png

Last edited:
MoneyMitch23 MoneyMitch23

They didn’t even retro until 2005...Mike is about money...He wore the models (Team, Retro, Sig) that was available to the public at the time he was playing...If your talking about a one off game wear for a special occasion that’s one thing...

They absolutely would’ve gone with the Wizards gear 💯 but it was just bad timing on the retro release is all...If they had released during his Wizards days then there’s no doubt he would’ve had them on...

Mike should’ve wore these on the Wiz. Just doesn’t make any sense man.

He wore retros that fit their color scheme like True Blue 3s, and evening ones that didn’t to full extent like Cool Grey 9s and 11s.

Especially considering he loved the 13. Definitely more so than the two baseball inspired cleat models in the 9 and 10.

But not the shoe with actual Wizard Blue? Odd to say the least. When they first released originally I thought they were supposed to be his All Star Game sneaks.

After 96 Colombias he kept that mid winter release as a navy, white with hints of Carolina blue colorway
Mike was already retired by the time these dropped in 2005. If these had released then, the definitely would have worn them while on the Wizards

I owned the OG “he got games and “flints” in 8th grade. The tumbled leather at the time of release was extremely soft/high quality. Which is why EVERY OG 13 creased so heavy where your pinky toe and the next toe bend. With that said, wtf did that do to the soles!?!? I sold my 2010 a few years back when they confirmed these were releasing. There’s subtle details to the 2020 that they really messed up that changes the shoe for me. I laugh at the dudes talking about doubling up on garbage

YIKES.

You purchased the 2010 though.

Are these new joints gonna have 3m or they gonna go cheap like the last time around?

Mike was already retired by the time these dropped in 2005. If these had released then, the definitely would have worn them while on the Wizards
Bro they released in 1998.

The True Blue 3’s released in 1988.

He wore the latter but not the former. Which was actually a much better, higher tech, more comfortable shoe to play in ...

Point was he was sitting on Flint 13s in his closet (apparently always doubled up) he also could’ve easily asked Nike to hook it up.

It doesn’t make sense either way.

He actually wore a new pair of shoes every single game...But that’s beside the point...

He was always about making money...That’s pretty clear now more than ever before...IF the flint 13’s got the retro treatment in 2002-2003 you can bet your butt he’d have laced them up in a game...A one off game at the Garden or his last game maybe might’ve brought out a reason to wear an old pair but otherwise he was steady flossing the current product...Had to make sure the fans would go out and buy those Team FBI’s...

He actually wore a new pair of shoes every single game...But that’s beside the point...

He was always about making money...That’s pretty clear now more than ever before...IF the flint 13’s got the retro treatment in 2002-2003 you can bet your butt he’d have laced them up in a game...A one off game at the Garden or his last game maybe might’ve brought out a reason to wear an old pair but otherwise he was steady flossing the current product...Had to make sure the fans would go out and buy those Team FBI’s...
I would love a Team FBI retro.

Bro they released in 1998.

The True Blue 3’s released in 1988.

He wore the latter but not the former. Which was actually a much better, higher tech, more comfortable shoe to play in ...

Point was he was sitting on Flint 13s in his closet (apparently always doubled up) he also could’ve easily asked Nike to hook it up.

It doesn’t make sense either way.

Its very rare that he would wear a older Original Jordan to hoop in though. The only exception was him wearing the Chicago 1s in 1998 and that was a special occasion type of thing. Not enough time had passed in 2003 for Nike to retro the 13s. Also Mike was wearing the latest model in order to boost sales on them.

I remember one time during his wizards year, he had a live interview on NBC and in the background he had the true blue 3s on shelf with the Jordan logo facing out. Obviously this was around the release of the shoe. Wish I could find a clip on YouTube.

Remember, the ONE time he wore the frenchie VII was the day before they dropped. So what was on the shelves definitely played a role. The only exception was the Cool Grey XIs that he wore several times that last season.

Back
Top Bottom