Air Jordan 13 Tinker 2018

Jordan Brand is losing their minds

In their defense, what are they supposed to do? Thy can only really innovate with their flagship, performance line. Retros basically encompass the entirety of their lifestyle market and everything else is basically outlet fodder. They don’t have much room to push new, lifestyle models.

In their defense, what are they supposed to do? Thy can only really innovate with their flagship, performance line. Retros basically encompass the entirety of their lifestyle market and everything else is basically outlet fodder. They don’t have much room to push new, lifestyle models.

Give us the same thing and improve the material. I’m willing to buy a pair of Black/red 1’s anytime they release until I leave this earth. That’s just one colorway of 1 model at that.

Give us the same thing and improve the material. I’m willing to buy a pair of Black/red 1’s anytime they release until I leave this earth. That’s just one colorway of 1 model at that.

They have already been doing that-you ever compare 2013 Bred 1s to 2016s?

They also run the risk that people won’t buy retros if they already have pairs that are “good enough.” For example, 2009 Space Jam 11s pale in comparison to 2016s. JB has to wait a looooooong time to retro Space Jam 11s because 2016s were so good and so plentiful (even almost a year and a half later, resale isn’t much over retail).

They have already been doing that-you ever compare 2013 Bred 1s to 2016s?

They also run the risk that people won’t buy retros if they already have pairs that are “good enough.” For example, 2009 Space Jam 11s pale in comparison to 2016s. JB has to wait a looooooong time to retro Space Jam 11s because 2016s were so good and so plentiful (even almost a year and a half later, resale isn’t much over retail).

I own both 2013 and 2016 Black/Red 1’s. The quality and shape are different but I like both for different reasons though it’s the same shoe. The different shade of red alone makes it interesting. ‘09 Space Jam and ‘16 Space Jam are night and day but their are slightly different details that will always make people intrigued. 23 vs 45. Royal blue vs Concord. Jumpman jam vs Jumpman Jordan. There are shoes that Jordan brand can keep on shelf on the regular and maintain their leading competition numbers. White Cement 3’s alone could move triple the amount of yearly shelltoes

I own both 2013 and 2016 Black/Red 1’s. The quality and shape are different but I like both for different reasons though it’s the same shoe. The different shade of red alone makes it interesting. ‘09 Space Jam and ‘16 Space Jam are night and day but their are slightly different details that will always make people intrigued. 23 vs 45. Royal blue vs Concord. Jumpman jam vs Jumpman Jordan. There are shoes that Jordan brand can keep on shelf on the regular and maintain their leading competition numbers. White Cement 3’s alone could move triple the amount of yearly shelltoes

I think you are overestimating demand, dude. “Slightly different details” still have to be significant enough for people (even us NTers) to drop $160-$200+ on a pair unless there is a loooong window of time between releases. I think this is why JB has been putting out “Tinker Alternate” cws and now Tinker alternate models. These are significant enough differences (I.e. Swoosh on Tinker 3s) that people will be willing to buy them since they are more than just another cw of a retro model.

I think you are overestimating demand, dude. “Slightly different details” still have to be significant enough for people (even us NTers) to drop $160-$200+ on a pair unless there is a loooong window of time between releases. I think this is why JB has been putting out “Tinker Alternate” cws and now Tinker alternate models. These are significant enough differences (I.e. Swoosh on Tinker 3s) that people will be willing to buy them since they are more than just another cw of a retro model.

JB is selling Air Jordan 3’s with 1988 technology for more than current model Air Jordan’s with 2018 tech. Retro’s have no commercials or advertising tied to them. Pop culture does all the advertising for these. Nike sold a million pair of Space Jams and I guarantee you a fourth of the people rocking them weren’t even born when Space Jam came out. The market is only growing. Nostalgia has had a strangle hold on pop culture for a long time. There’s no nostalgia with these alternates. Parents can’t show their kids pictures of them wearing these. There’s no stories behind wanting those for Christmas and missing out and now being an adult and buying 20 pairs to compensate your scarred childhood. Look the Air Force 1. Constantly giving Nike high numbers. You don’t think Retro Jordan’s like an Air Jordan 11 constantly available wouldn’t keep JB afloat without the gimmicks?

I mean these are decent Team Js but what was so cool about the Tinker 3 is that there were just a few subtle changes. This is an entirely different shoe. JB should focus on just giving us some new colorways. Or how about opening up shoes from the signature line to NikeID? There are some XIII PEs I'd absolutely kill for but even if I spent the money on them I couldn't wear them. I'd pay $300 to ID some XIIIs though.

Ya'll gonna stop with the team jordan slander

they had a few good ones
In the early years they definitely did. I remember liking the team 1 over the Jordan 13s back in 1997. What was cool about them and the team 2 is that they were an evolved version of the previous years signature model. This pair here looks way more like the team 2 than the Jordan 13.

Literally this
jordan-jumpman-team-2-white-black-672x372.jpg

With a strap.

They remind me a lot of these. Also remind me of a few of the early team Jordan’s. Has a turf shoe look to it too. I like these, I won’t buy them but I like them.

they are fire ! this is how 13 should look , i'm totally fine with redesigning old models, does anyone know release date?

they are fire ! this is how 13 should look , i'm totally fine with redesigning old models, does anyone know release date?
I don't think these trump 13s at all. One of the models of all the Jordan line imo. I'm still interested though. I believe they are set to drop sometime in the fall.

instant cop... i am only interested in retros that are playable, 13s are one of them, very good balanced and comfortable shoe, never had low tops , and adding that strap on soft cushioning upper can only make them more comfortable...

Back
Top Bottom