Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

TRIED THESE ON TODAY AT THE LOCAL RAPERY SPOT TO SEE HOW THEY FIT AND TO MY SHOCK I WAS UNDERWHELMED… I DID NOT EXPECT THAT… I THINK THEY STILL LOOK NICE BUT DEFINITELY NOT FOR 170+ … I DOUBT ILL EVER GET EM FOR LESS THAN 150 SO ILL PROB JUST PASS… LOOK AMAZING IN PICS THOUGH
what exactly were you underwhelmed with in the fit?

Man I never get my FNL rewards. I e picked up over $700 I'm goods from them since Feb of this year, and I've only got like 184 points, not even enough for as $20 card

Someone put me on to the app, and it gives your rewards quickly.

Do you have the card you give them or are you ordering online?

This is one of them OG pairs that you think, think, over and over should I cop or not? Atleast for the Newer Generation HB's collectors. 

It's a pair that will grow on you the more and more you start talking too your self Should I get em or not? I say Grab em now before its too late Fam.

One of my best XIV's of the line, wish I would've doubled up. 

To one of the comments posted up above asking If anyone has balled in these yet? I might ball in em today not sure though. I will be sure too 

let you all know how they hold up and feel on the court later this evening if I decide too ball out in em.

Only shoe id double up on is probably the bordeux vii and the white grey red vii

Only because they get dirty easily

This is one of them OG pairs that you think, think, over and over should I cop or not? Atleast for the Newer Generation HB's collectors. 

It's a pair that will grow on you the more and more you start talking too your self Should I get em or not? I say Grab em now before its too late Fam.

One of my best XIV's of the line, wish I would've doubled up. 

To one of the comments posted up above asking If anyone has balled in these yet? I might ball in em today not sure though. I will be sure too 

let you all know how they hold up and feel on the court later this evening if I decide too ball out in em.
People will definitely be glad they copped if they are on the fence. The midsole paint is a nice surprise in person. It's closer to a light pearl than pictures and videos lead you to believe. and it has glitter so I can see these getting even closer to an OG look with a bit of age. as for hooping I don't foresee any problems with these. They feel just as good as my cdps which have held up 100% fine other than the midsole compression which is to be expected with all 14s. That is the only downside I can see of hooping in this pair. Great shoe

People will definitely be glad they copped if they are on the fence. The midsole paint is a nice surprise in person. It's closer to a light pearl than pictures and videos lead you to believe. and it has glitter so I can see these getting even closer to an OG look with a bit of age. as for hooping I don't foresee any problems with these. They feel just as good as my cdps which have held up 100% fine other than the midsole compression which is to be expected with all 14s. That is the only downside I can see of hooping in this pair. Great shoe
Don't the AJ11s have that compressed midsole as well?

Yes and the dimples
Yea they feel mostly the same to me. These 14's are just more glossy.

I've never noticed it on any of mine. They probably can but it is most likely less noticeable since it's not the same type of glossy paint and it also has it's own texture to it
Yea that's what I was thinking too. I notice it on my concord lows.

Last edited:
Man I never get my FNL rewards. I e picked up over $700 I'm goods from them since Feb of this year, and I've only got like 184 points, not even enough for as $20 card

Someone put me on to the app, and it gives your rewards quickly.

Do you have the card you give them or are you ordering online?
Eastbay started charging my state tax in March.
One of the many but not only reasons I don't shop there anymore.

I do both equally. In store it always takes them more than once to pull up my account. A month or so back I even updated my registration online to make sure all the info was correct.

Gonna get this app right now.

I just got my pair. I like the way they look but they have no cushioning. My goodness, I would never play ball in these.

I just got my pair. I like the way they look but they have no cushioning. My goodness, I would never play ball in these.
that made my decision so much easier. i kept debating if i should pick them up the past couple days because i still see them at local stores. The only reason i would pick them up is to play ball in them because how good the OGs were when i had them back in the days. I can't see a reason to get these now since multiple people are saying there's no cushion in these. 

I absolutely LOVE my pair

I am in shock alot of you think these are uncomfortable

And for me they do have cushioning i can actually feel the air and zoom air.

And thats with the stock insoles

Way more comfortable than any new iv v and vi i own.

Last edited:

My I's are more comfortable than these

LMAO… IDK IF ITS NO CUSHIONING OR WHAT BUT WHEN I TRIED THEM ON THEY WERE SERIOUSLY STIFF… MY OLDER XIV'S NEVER FELT THAT STIFF

LMAO… IDK IF ITS NO CUSHIONING OR WHAT BUT WHEN I TRIED THEM ON THEY WERE SERIOUSLY STIFF… MY OLDER XIV'S NEVER FELT THAT STIFF

It feels like they made the exterior of the shoe and didn't finish the inside of the shoe. I see why people on here have sized down because the inside of the shoe is empty.

It feels like they made the exterior of the shoe and didn't finish the inside of the shoe. I see why people on here have sized down because the inside of the shoe is empty.
just like the taxi xii. no padding. all look. 

I got a pair and I went a half size down I've wore them around the house and broke them in and they are very comfortable. I like them

Back
Top Bottom