Air Jordan 14 XIV 'Last Shot' Holiday 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local mall last night and these were EVERYWHERE!!! Was tempted to grab a pair but I know there are so many other things coming out that I rather grab instead. Maybe if these are around mid Jan/Outlets I'll grab a pair. Other than that it won't kill me if I don't get em.

Went to the local mall last night and these were EVERYWHERE!!! Was tempted to grab a pair but I know there are so many other things coming out that I rather grab instead. Maybe if these are around mid Jan/Outlets I'll grab a pair. Other than that it won't kill me if I don't get em.

Might have to pull the trigger soon. Was hoping for a price drop, but I doubt it will happen. Had the original Indiglos and loved them to death.

Might have to pull the trigger soon. Was hoping for a price drop, but I doubt it will happen. Had the original Indiglos and loved them to death.

misterj wrote:

uh no that is not 100% correct.  these arent even as good as the CDP quality XIVs = FACT.

remember folks, just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it's worth a %#!!.  

dudes that keep saying these are better than the 05s are dudes that buy to buy and dont know what they are looking at in the comparison they just glance at them, and try to justify the purchase best they can with whatever point some other blind newb has already tried to make.  It's like the blind leading the blind.

id love to buy these as the XIVs are my 2nd favorite Jordan, but the fact of the matter is youre better putting your money towards an 05 pair if you appreciate the OG design as much as i do. 

if you havent ever owned the OGs or the 05 retros, then it probably doesnt make much of a difference to you anyway so go ahead and get these piece of %#!! re-retros.  

Oh please.  Owned both the OG and 2005's, and I stand by what I said. 
2005 version looked nothing like the OG's, the inner lining wasn't even the same, and neither was the suede. 

I'm the first person to talk crap about retros, but these were not one of them, I can appreciate a good retro when I see one. 

Nothing will compare to the OG's, but please don't put the 2005's on some sort of pedestal.  

JB is not force feeding you these new retros, so why all the anger?    

misterj wrote:

uh no that is not 100% correct.  these arent even as good as the CDP quality XIVs = FACT.

remember folks, just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it's worth a %#!!.  

dudes that keep saying these are better than the 05s are dudes that buy to buy and dont know what they are looking at in the comparison they just glance at them, and try to justify the purchase best they can with whatever point some other blind newb has already tried to make.  It's like the blind leading the blind.

id love to buy these as the XIVs are my 2nd favorite Jordan, but the fact of the matter is youre better putting your money towards an 05 pair if you appreciate the OG design as much as i do. 

if you havent ever owned the OGs or the 05 retros, then it probably doesnt make much of a difference to you anyway so go ahead and get these piece of %#!! re-retros.  

2005 version looked nothing like the OG's, the inner lining wasn't even the same, and neither was the suede. 

I'm the first person to talk crap about retros, but these were not one of them, I can appreciate a good retro when I see one. 

Nothing will compare to the OG's, but please don't put the 2005's on some sort of pedestal.  

Originally Posted by misterj

remember folks, just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it's worth a #+!!.  

if you havent ever owned the OGs or the 05 retros, then it probably doesnt make much of a difference to you anyway so go ahead and get these piece of #+!! re-retros.  

It would be better instead of ranting and raving like a mad man, if you'd actually state why you think the 2005 and CDP's are better.

Originally Posted by misterj

remember folks, just because someone has an opinion doesnt mean it's worth a #+!!.  

if you havent ever owned the OGs or the 05 retros, then it probably doesnt make much of a difference to you anyway so go ahead and get these piece of #+!! re-retros.  

It would be better instead of ranting and raving like a mad man, if you'd actually state why you think the 2005 and CDP's are better.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

so what do you think makes a good retro then?  because design cues that made this shoe great IMO have not been translated in this 2011 retro. 

- The side panels on the '11s do not stand tall as they do on the OG or 05
 - The ferarri jumpman on the side of the '11s makes the side of the shoe bulge out and look puffy
 - the ribs look flimsy and thin and not very pronounced or perforated
 - at the top of the ribs they are not folded over and doubled stitched like they are on the OGs or 05s (this is what really kills me about this retro)
 - Flat toe on the '11s
 - OGS and 05s have a single neutral black color, 11s have greasy black pleather and charcoal black faux nubuck that doesnt even match
 - cheap  faux chrome lace tips
 - '11s have less sparkle in the midsole paint and teeth than the OGs and 05s
 - unpainted phylon midsole has a different texture than the 05s and OGS 

so i guess other than all that they are the same.  

like i said the XIV is one of my favorite shoes so someone who just casually copped one of the previous versions probably wouldnt even notice these things.  Hell even the CDP stitched the ribs corretly.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

so what do you think makes a good retro then?  because design cues that made this shoe great IMO have not been translated in this 2011 retro. 

- The ferarri jumpman on the side of the '11s makes the side of the shoe bulge out and look puffy
 - at the top of the ribs they are not folded over and doubled stitched like they are on the OGs or 05s (this is what really kills me about this retro)
 - Flat toe on the '11s
 - OGS and 05s have a single neutral black color, 11s have greasy black pleather and charcoal black faux nubuck that doesnt even match

so i guess other than all that they are the same.  

like i said the XIV is one of my favorite shoes so someone who just casually copped one of the previous versions probably wouldnt even notice these things.  Hell even the CDP stitched the ribs corretly.

- at the top of the ribs they are not folded over and doubled stitched like they are on the OGs or 05s (this is what really kills me about this retro)
 - Flat toe on the '11s

Nothing, absolutely nothing is gonna look like the OG's.  

I don't see what you mean on the ferrari shield at all.   

(Maybe if someone on the street stops me, and points it out that the shield is looking too puffy, while I'm window shopping, they can pin point it out for me). 

The perforation on the 2005's or 2011's do not match that of the OG.  Yes, the 2011 perforation is smaller.  (So are we really talking about air holes?) 

I hope you didn't buy any of the Recent Retro Cement 3's, because you would hate them.  The holes are smaller than it's predecessor. 

The stitching is not folded over on top of the ribs?   Minor detail much?   It's not something to ponder over. 

The toe is not as bulkier as the previous. 

Actually the 2011's do not have the "greasy" leather that the 2011 Black/Cement 3's had, so I can't agree there. 

So because it has different shades of black, it's an awful retro?  

Lace tips?  Really?  Was that really a deal breaker, metal tips vs. artificial metal tips? 

Different texture on the phylon?  Are you really gonna rub the texture on your shoes or cuddle with them?  

Sounds like so much minor detail to me. 

Just for reference, here are pics of all 3 so that people can compare, and judge for themselves.  

5b45kg.png

1051xmv.png

2pqryj5.png

- at the top of the ribs they are not folded over and doubled stitched like they are on the OGs or 05s (this is what really kills me about this retro)
 - Flat toe on the '11s

Nothing, absolutely nothing is gonna look like the OG's.  

I don't see what you mean on the ferrari shield at all.   

(Maybe if someone on the street stops me, and points it out that the shield is looking too puffy, while I'm window shopping, they can pin point it out for me). 

The perforation on the 2005's or 2011's do not match that of the OG.  Yes, the 2011 perforation is smaller.  (So are we really talking about air holes?) 

I hope you didn't buy any of the Recent Retro Cement 3's, because you would hate them.  The holes are smaller than it's predecessor. 

The stitching is not folded over on top of the ribs?   Minor detail much?   It's not something to ponder over. 

The toe is not as bulkier as the previous. 

Actually the 2011's do not have the "greasy" leather that the 2011 Black/Cement 3's had, so I can't agree there. 

So because it has different shades of black, it's an awful retro?  

Lace tips?  Really?  Was that really a deal breaker, metal tips vs. artificial metal tips? 

Different texture on the phylon?  Are you really gonna rub the texture on your shoes or cuddle with them?  

Sounds like so much minor detail to me. 

Just for reference, here are pics of all 3 so that people can compare, and judge for themselves.  

5b45kg.png

1051xmv.png

2pqryj5.png

maybe i wasnt clear on the perforations - im not referring to the holes im referring to the ribs.  the ribs look like a skinny girl who used to be fat and now has saggy skin where as the ribs on the OG, 05, and cdp are more pronounced than the 11s

the folded over double stitched leather at the top of the ribs is definately a difference maker - it affects the way the shoe is laced - pulled up vs pulled in.  its the only air jordan that has that quality about it.   it was one of the first things i noticed in the ogs and they kept it that way from og to retro to cdp.  they couldnt even make the shoe the same quality as the did 3 years ago.

the unpainted phylon should be a softer squisher texture and instead they cut corners and just used the same rubber from the sole all the way around.

maybe this shoe is just another "cop" for you so a once over will do just fine and those dozen or so details I mentioned dont matter to you,  but like ive said already the XIV is one of my favorites and they even digressed from what most considered bad quality from the cdps.

we can agree to disagree but the end of the day these difference are apparent i'm not just making this #*%% up.

maybe i wasnt clear on the perforations - im not referring to the holes im referring to the ribs.  the ribs look like a skinny girl who used to be fat and now has saggy skin where as the ribs on the OG, 05, and cdp are more pronounced than the 11s

the folded over double stitched leather at the top of the ribs is definately a difference maker - it affects the way the shoe is laced - pulled up vs pulled in.  its the only air jordan that has that quality about it.   it was one of the first things i noticed in the ogs and they kept it that way from og to retro to cdp.  they couldnt even make the shoe the same quality as the did 3 years ago.

the unpainted phylon should be a softer squisher texture and instead they cut corners and just used the same rubber from the sole all the way around.

maybe this shoe is just another "cop" for you so a once over will do just fine and those dozen or so details I mentioned dont matter to you,  but like ive said already the XIV is one of my favorites and they even digressed from what most considered bad quality from the cdps.

we can agree to disagree but the end of the day these difference are apparent i'm not just making this #*%% up.

I personally thought that quality wise and looks wise JB did a pretty good job on these compared to some recent releases in the past year or so. I am glad that these are sitting, I will get another pair once they go on sale.

I personally thought that quality wise and looks wise JB did a pretty good job on these compared to some recent releases in the past year or so. I am glad that these are sitting, I will get another pair once they go on sale.

I think all the minor details "apparently" wrong with the shoe is just that, minor.
JB switching the material to all leather, or changing the shape, that's a deal breaker.

i.e. the recent Jordan 11's.

I think all the minor details "apparently" wrong with the shoe is just that, minor.
JB switching the material to all leather, or changing the shape, that's a deal breaker.

i.e. the recent Jordan 11's.

The Black/red XIV's are my favorite Jordan of all time and even I just shook my head at the cushioning in these. Maybe the zoom air in them takes some breaking in (as appears to be the case w/ many recent zoom air releases), but pre 2003 zoom air just seemed so much more responsive.

The Black/red XIV's are my favorite Jordan of all time and even I just shook my head at the cushioning in these. Maybe the zoom air in them takes some breaking in (as appears to be the case w/ many recent zoom air releases), but pre 2003 zoom air just seemed so much more responsive.

The 2011 Jordan XIV's are not as good quality as the 05's. The 05's are comparable quality to the OG's. Matter of fact, most of the 05 Jordan releases are much higher quality than 2011's.

The shiny teeth and shiny lower sides on the 2011's don't stick out as much, making it feel like a knockoff to me. You can see in the pictures. Otherwise, the 2011 is a well made retro though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom