Air Jordan 2 x J Balvin September 15th. $300!

Told y’all they were going to push IIs and VIIIs to replace Is and IVs. I’m out on these and the Rui Hachimuras. Here’s another prediction: they will replace XIV and XVI in 2023 to replace V and VIs.

Thing is, I’m just not sure influencers that build hype are going to go for AJ2s and 8s. I like both models (Aqua and BB 8s are some of my fav retros, for the record) but they are easily bottom of the barrel for the OG AJ 1-14 run, in terms of general wearability and interest. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this as well, given how relatively few retro releases we’ve seen over the past few years compared to other models, especially the number of retro releases for 2s. I see JB also trying this out with the AJ15s with the Billie Eilish collab as well.

Trends are weird though and I’m old so I could be totally wrong haha. I still remember copping SB Dunk lows on sale for $50 from skate shops back in 2015, now they go for $200+ resale right after release lol

Thing is, I’m just not sure influencers that build hype are going to go for AJ2s and 8s. I like both models (Aqua and BB 8s are some of my fav retros, for the record) but they are easily bottom of the barrel for the OG AJ 1-14 run, in terms of general wearability and interest. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this as well, given how relatively few retro releases we’ve seen over the past few years compared to other models, especially the number of retro releases for 2s. I see JB also trying this out with the AJ15s with the Billie Eilish collab as well.

Trends are weird though and I’m old so I could be totally wrong haha. I still remember copping SB Dunk lows on sale for $50 from skate shops back in 2015, now they go for $200+ resale right after release lol

In terms of wearability the 2’s are an easy silhouette to go with alot of clothing types. 8’s not as much, a little too high and bulky for some. I think 2’s look better for example with what I been wearing lately (wider pants) than the 7-14 would. I do like like all the models 1-14, 13 a personal fav as was my first Jordans ever but dont necessarily think they look best with my current wardrobe.

In terms of wearability the 2’s are an easy silhouette to go with alot of clothing types. 8’s not as much, a little too high and bulky for some. I think 2’s look better for example with what I been wearing lately (wider pants) than the 7-14 would. I do like like all the models 1-14, 13 a personal fav as was my first Jordans ever but dont necessarily think they look best with my current wardrobe.

To be clear, I think a lot of the lack of wearability of retro AJ 2s is they manufacture them like a damn pair of boots lol

If quality and craftsmanship were close to OG 2s, with sleeker toe boxes, etc. I think it would really help with the wearability.

1640233438489.jpeg

1640233617105.png

House of Heat

Are these still releasing? Here’s todays anniversaries
V Low Wings (1 Year)
1652529073432.jpeg

I Mid Jeter Day (5 Years)
1652529329359.jpeg

X Chicago Flag (6 Years)
1652528880263.jpeg

X Los Angeles (6 Years)
1652528929426.jpeg

V Wolf Grey (11 Years)
1652528977756.jpeg

IV Laser (17 Years)
1652529232705.jpeg

Monstrosities. I'm not even a purist like that but they did too much here. It's different for sure, but to me in a bad way. Looks too much like the Grey Fog Unions but also looks like a different brand.

Weirdly I love the forced perspective that makes the shoe look like it's a giant spaceship.

But I wish it was more like the weird shadowy pics or something.

Back
Top Bottom