Air Jordan 2 x J Balvin September 15th. $300!

Finally decided to do some research on homie since JB has collaborated with him quite a bit... Eff this racist clown and his trash ahh shoes.

Can you please clarify what he said or did that can be deemed racist? I do agree that they are trash shoes. I don't follow him nor listen to his type of music but I know about him because he's popular in that Latin music market.

Can you please clarify what he said or did that can be deemed racist? I do agree that they are trash shoes. I don't follow him nor listen to his type of music but I know about him because he's popular in that Latin music market.

Personally I don’t think he’s racist. It’s just that Spanish music videos are kinda wild and sometimes the lyrics don’t translate well to English. This is coming from a Black/Spanish person

I'll have to link you to the reddit page. Apparently the reason him and this other Latin star named Bad Bunny aren't rocking with each other is because the bad bunny guy thinks the j balvin guy is racist.

Screenshot_20220619-184359.png

Personally I don’t think he’s racist. It’s just that Spanish music videos are kinda wild and sometimes the lyrics don’t translate well to English. This is coming from a Black/Spanish person
Sit this one out homie.

Personally I thought the song & video were trash. And that wasn't J Balvin's idea that was all Tokischa and the video director Raymi Paulus who are both afro latino.
image.jpeg

Tokischa's explanation:
She said she was inspired to write “Perra” while having sex and that she wanted to tease out the wordplay in the phrase “perra in calor.”

“I said that if I’m going to talk about ‘perra en calor,’ I’m going use all the language associated with dogs: ‘perro de raza’ [purebred], ‘Purina’—which is a word with a double meaning because here, that’s what you call a product that’s really pure… ‘la perrera’ [the pound]. It was very conceptual. If you, as a creative, have a song that’s talking about dogs, you’re going to create that world,” she says. She adds, “I understand the interpretation people had and I’m truly sorry that people felt offended. But at the same time, art is expression. It’s creating a world.”

Raymi Paulus
Screenshot_20211030-011934.png

Screenshot_20211030-011215.png

Last edited:
Sit this one out homie.
Why should I sit this one out? I’m a Black Dominican so you should sit this one out homie. There’s a lot more to the Bad Bunny beef than this if you want to go down that rabbit whole. You just found out who J Balvin was fam. If I felt that he was racist I would’ve called him out a while ago

Ah crap I said the word. Hopefully ninjahood ninjahood doesn’t get summoned from the grave and denies it 😂

Last edited:
This is J Balvin's biggest hit and throughout the whole video you see people of all shades just dancing and having fun.

This year J Balvin was invited to The Shop. I doubt they will invite a racist to the show.

Why should I sit this one out? I’m a Black Dominican so you should sit this one out homie. There’s a lot more to the Bad Bunny beef than this if you want to go down that rabbit whole. You just found out who J Balvin was fam. If I felt that he was racist I would’ve called him out a while ago

Ah crap I said the word. Hopefully ninjahood ninjahood doesn’t get summoned from the grave and denies it 😂
This lame *** dude disrespected my folks on my more than one once and you telling me to sit this one out. I don't care who you are or what "beef" they got going but that corny ahh dudes needs to leave us out of it. Trash ahh shoes... And I just spoke to ninjahood. I give it to y'all, y'all seem to be on code when it comes to defending dudes who shi on black folks. He used that same "lost in translation" line that you babbling about.

This is J Balvin's biggest hit and throughout the whole video you see people of all shades just dancing and having fun.

This year J Balvin was invited to The Shop. I doubt they will invite a racist to the show.

Mel Gibson put black folks in his movies all the time. Mel Gibson had/has many black friends.... What does your post mean? Mingling with black folks = no way he's racist. Y'all sound like them racist white dudes down here that use that black friend excuse whenever they get caught in some racist mess. Y'all non-black have no clue what racism is, seems like the only form of racism y'all know is overt racism.

Mel Gibson put black folks in his movies all the time. Mel Gibson had/has many black friends.... What does your post mean? Mingling with black folks = no way he's racist. Y'all sound like them racist white dudes down here that use that black friend excuse whenever they get caught in some racist mess. Y'all non-black have no clue what racism is, seems like the only form of racism y'all know is overt racism.
Sure I don't know what racism feels like. Early 2000's I'm walking with my brother to go to Kmart and a car passes and they yelled '****'. Early 2000's I was in a Pathmark looking at some blank cassette tapes and a employee accused me of stealing them just because I'm Latino. And I could go on with the stories. They hate when we talk in Spanish, they always mentioning build the wall, etc. If you're Latino people just assume that you're an illegal even if u was born here just cause of the way u look or because of your last name.

Sure I don't know what racism feels like. Early 2000's I'm walking with my brother to go to Kmart and a car passes and they yelled '****'. Early 2000's I was in a Pathmark looking at some blank cassette tapes and a employee accused me of stealing them just because I'm Latino. And I could go on with the stories. They hate when we talk in Spanish, they always mentioning build the wall, etc. If you're Latino people just assume that you're an illegal even if u was born here just cause of the way u look or because of your last name.
All non-white folks experience racism to some degree, but that doesn't mean we can't be sometime racist to one another right? .. now let's go back to your original post. Why'd you post a music video of his that featured black people as if that absolves one from being racist? You know your post was basically the digital version of "I have black friends" right?

All non-white folks experience racism to some degree, but that doesn't mean we can't be sometime racist to one another right? .. now let's go back to your original post. Why'd you post a music video of his that featured black people as if that absolves one from being racist? You know your post was basically the digital version of "I have black friends" right?
I posted the video because even after J Balvin got all that backlash from the 'Perra' video ft. Tokischa. 'The Shop' didn't care and still invited J Balvin. If J Balvin is racist then why Michael Jordan doesn't drop him from his brand. When he was the one responsible for signing him.

I posted the video because even after J Balvin got all that backlash from the 'Perra' video ft. Tokischa. 'The Shop' didn't care and still invited J Balvin. If J Balvin is racist then why Michael Jordan doesn't drop him from his brand. When he was the one responsible for signing him.
The NFL literally blackballed a man for kneeling for black injustices and black people continue to watch. LeBron is a mogul and has aspirations. Hulk Hogan and Mel Gibson spoke in a very derogatory manner against blacks adm still have black friends... Nike refused to drop Travis Scott even when he was being accused of playing a part in people losing their lives... Bottom line, money. J Balvin, in assuming, is very popular and is a cash cow. The fact that you keep bringing up these terrible points shows just how little you understand the nuances of racism. Just like your boy you seem very tone deaf when it comes to racism outside of your people.. "Bu bu but these Black guys still do business with him, so how can he be racist?" That's essentially what your post said. Do better fam. I'm gonna respectfully bow out of this conversation before I take it there. Enjoy your week homie.

Back
Top Bottom