Air Jordan 2012 First look.

2011>2010>these(with the right cw)>2009 imo....prob will cop to ball in when they hit outlets but yeah, like Cuddy12345 said, I don't see why Jordan brand cant design a decent looking shoe. Haven't liked either of the Wade's and none of the Chris Paul's so far. Melo's line has been decent.

Originally Posted by Commander0Zero

These are embarrassing! After the 2011 being respectable JB is back to it's old ways!

and i originally hated on the 2011's 
but i cant see myself buying these 

though i do want to see a pair off the computer 

Waited until they hit the outlets to buy a pair of the 2011s.  Looks like I'm gonna do the same with these.  Aside from the big jumpman, these shoes aren't that bad, but they're also not worth it at the $180/$223 price range or whatever they're supposed to go for.

Does anyone think JB wants.these.to.fail? They.are releasing these close to other big releases but.making these 20$ to 30$ more than the retro.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Thank you JB for saving me some money!!!

And with that said can we have the Jordan 2011 back on Nikeid???

Peace
Wait they aren't there anymore?? Wow

I was lookin the other day and they werent but I was wrong.....oops
embarassed.gif

http://nikeid.nike.com/nikeid/index.jsp

I swear, these new jordans get uglier every year... I wish Tinker would come back and only do Jordans lol.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Does anyone think JB wants.these.to.fail? They.are releasing these close to other big releases but.making these 20$ to 30$ more than the retro.
I think they are now focusing on the Chinese market, with 1.2 Billion people, they only need about 10% of the market and that is more than the entire population of the US.

There is heavy marketing in China for Nike products, i saw all this when i was recently in Shanghai. Nike is seen as a sports luxury item there and cashed up Chinese people are buying it up.

I like them better with the high sock-liner, I may not find the Year of the Dragon c/w for the low but I am planning on finding a pair to like and wear around.

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I think they are now focusing on the Chinese market, with 1.2 Billion people, they only need about 10% of the market and that is more than the entire population of the US.

There is heavy marketing in China for Nike products, i saw all this when i was recently in Shanghai. Nike is seen as a sports luxury item there and cashed up Chinese people are buying it up.

the question is, how much will Nike sell them in China?
I don't think that they could sell them well for 1.136 Yuan (180 USD)

at all. Maybe they sell well in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea where they also

celebrate the Chinese new year.

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

For the life of me I can't understand why Nike can create dope sig shoes for KD, Kobe, and Lebron but Jordan Brand is left with design fit for chinese store bargin bins... The retros are so dope and we're talking about design concepts that were created 20-25 years ago. Is this the best JB can come up with in 2012? Nike needs to step in for real.

My thoughts to a tee. How can such decent turnouts be cranked out for Kobe, Lebron, Durant and the like while Jordan & his sig players' kicks look about a half click north of lukewarm trash? The KD IVs are sharp, I've bought a few pairs of Lebron IXs & the VIIIs were solid, I'm not a fan of Kobe or his kicks but this year & last, along with some others have shown cool designs that most agree are decent.

I've handled the 2012s & seen samples in person in about a dozen CW's, namely for NCAA as well as some GRs set to release & they're just not good. The materials are fine, whatever, hate on fuse/flywire or not, I don't mind seeing current technology in a legacy Jordan (supposed to lead the way every year...that's what the brand once stood for many moons ago) but the execution makes these unpurchasable.
I'll never own a pair of 2012s.

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

Honestly, JB should've just retired the Air Jordan at XXIII.

This is straight trash, last years with the circle window now this? JB is out of ideas.

Agreed these are trash but you're a year behind with the rest of that comment. There was an AJ 2011 you know...

The 2012s just don't look good. The material placement and styling just don't do it for me. The wing tip toe is gross and I'm not digging the giant Jordan on the sig shoe - keep that for the team shoes. The colorways so far aren't helping either. When these hit the $50-75 price at the outlets like the last few models, then I'll consider buying a pair for playing in if and only if these get amazing performance reviews. Until then I'll buy something else for hoop...

I FIND IT HARD THAT JORDAN APPROVED OF THESE SINCE HE LIKES TO HAVE A CLEAN TOE. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE MAN.

this shoe is terrible no matter the cw
sick.gif

props to heads bold enough to rock a lameduck non-numbered JB shoe
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by Vuey

milestailsprowe wrote:

the question is, how much will Nike sell them in China?
I don't think that they could sell them well for 1.136 Yuan (180 USD)

at all. Maybe they sell well in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea where they also

celebrate the Chinese new year.

i am in china now, jordans are more expensive here than in the u.s., it is not uncommon for them to exceed rmb1200. check out nikestore.com.cn. i just checked, blackflips are RMB1369 and both nicks spizikes are RMB1499. i expect the 2012 will be around RMB1800.

i've asked at a local retailer about chi x, they said they've already presold them all.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom