Air Jordan 2012 First look.

Originally Posted by mikedamz

403952_220085361412570_100002333234006_471129_1663218733_n.jpg
it makes me more and more interested in this....
especially after seeing this http://www.sneakerfiles.c...-2012-yotd/#comment-1593

anyone know how much the retail price for these ??

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Not gonna lie, these are growing on me.  I have to see them in person to make a complete judgement though.

The YOTD's are growing on me

First-Impression-Air-Jordan-2012-6.jpg

Despite how ugly I thought these were initially, I kinda like this colorway.   Looks like something out of the 'Smooth Criminal' video. 

despite costing a whopping ¥ 2,012, the yotd's sold out on nikestore.com.cn.

there are some better pics of the pieces if you feel like going to the site

i think both china and australia's retail price are higher than US retail....just like in my country Indonesia..here we also got it higher....

but at least we know the retail price will be around $200 my guess...

i think so because that one with the black leather and white flywire has that visible air unit so you could be right.
And on that link it says that one of the AJ 2012 color ways is $280? JB is not playing around anymore.

Who in the crap wants to put all that together EVERYTIME they go balling? I wanna lace up and go.. not construct my shoe and go....

Goood night thats alot of fancy smancy crap for an ugly shoe.

How about make a shoe that does all that out of the box without gimmicks

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Because more (visible) gimmicks = more $$$

Think about the difference in retail, or wholesale, price between a full-length vis air shoe, and one with encapsulated zoom.

Even if the Vis-Air shoe costs more to make than the Zoom one, the difference in price is probably a mere fraction of what extra amount Nike charge retailers, and retailers pass on to us.

I was razzed for my Simpsons reference (with another dated 90s reference, might i add) but the point is valid: This shoe is a mish-mash of add ons, each taking it further from what a performance sports shoe is meant to be.

But JB don't give a rats !%$ so long as they can charge the retailer more for it.

If it tanks..... make Retros a bit more profitable again next year. Heck, kids will pay $180 for some XIIIs, right?

I'll get a pair of these when they show up at the outlets. I love my 2011s and am intrigued by the system concept. If I can find the YOTD I'll pick those up at retail. I know I'm in the minority here but I actually like these.

Wait till y'all see the Grey color way including the full flight system like the YOTD. I think alot of minds will be changed on these or at least this limited CW feb 11

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by lunar001

Wow, I can't believe people get paid to design these.... These are horrible.

I believe Tinker himself said he had a hand in these.
Don't know how much of a hand, but it seems he needs to use a pimp hand and slap some of the other designers off the team and out of the design room.  Really, though, these could have had potential, but, like someone else said, they're getting crazy with all the "assembly-required"
%$#@.  Next will come a rolling backpack or suitcase to hold all this stuff in..

This shoe is getting more and more ridiculous. Now we have to build our shoe like build a bear. 2012 is a waste.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Who in the crap wants to put all that together EVERYTIME they go balling? I wanna lace up and go.. not construct my shoe and go....

Goood night thats alot of fancy smancy crap for an ugly shoe.

I feel you ROCK but i look at it like they want to cater to all players of all positions so anyone call ball in this shoe; not just a guard or a PF/C.
Its like once your found the cushion that good for you, that what your gonna stick to and that it.
for me when i got the 2011 loved Zoom but in the 2011 it felt different , not responsive enough and i used Explosive cushion but with the blue top part of the isole and they felt muuuuuch more comfy so its a matter of choice of whats comfortable for you as well as each and every player/consumer.
SN: i feel funny expressing my opinion to a great informer like you but this is a passion for me so hopefully no hard feelings.

I cant understand why most people say they don't like these. These shoes have a subtle wingtip inspiration and wingtips are going to be huge for 2012. So there's the fashion end of this shoe. So now they are incorporating proprietary new technology( fly wire) into the shoe along with different ways to customize the cushioning. I think this shoes is a huge success from a fashion and tech standpoint! Just want more info on those black leathered 2012 with the visible air because it seems that those are supposed to be out on feb. 11th and it's only 3 weeks until then

Back
Top Bottom