AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

The older crowd, if they are a moderate to small percentage right now, will phase out. So it will be interesting to see how the youth will stay interested in Nike/Jb. And one way Nike is doing that is by creating stories and “reimagining” the line. Its for the future. Orginals loved the past. The youth love the future.

Of course there maybe exceptions.
They’re already doing it with retros of modern “grails” like SBB 1.0s, etc.

Hell, I remember how difficult OG Fear 4s were to get a decade ago and I’m sure there are a bunch of kids who always wanted a pair and are in their late 20s now with the money to buy the upcoming retro of them.

To me, when younger people are choosing the 2018 over the 2024, it all comes down to the EP. They all have grown up with the thick bold look of that print. The apparel, the marketing have all leaned this way. So when they see the super thin cracking in the print, they believe it’s wrong. Let em. JB has marketed that print to be bold for over 20 years. So it makes perfect sense they want that. All that should really matter is when you get your pair. Screw what others think are better and more fashionable. It’s not the younger gens fault for this, its JBs. They did this. They exaggerated the print and there is a generation believing thats how it should be.
I don’t think people realize that this will be a problem with future retros (at least to us As-Close-To-OG-As-Possible folks).

All the marketing and resale data is going to push Nike/JB to make future retros more appealing to younger people who think like this and are more inclined to buy the shoes vs them making them more like the OGs.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring the non-OG thick elephant print back on the next BC3 retro in the late 2020s /early 2030s.

Nike Air Jordans ain’t going nowhere. We can stop that thought now. WE will be gone before Jordan’s are. Sorry to say but it’s just the way it goes.

Screenshot_20240921_020734_X.jpg

These jokers don't like the 24s

I can’t front I enjoy watching Mike Rich’s videos. Was surprised to see he said he likes the 2018 better than the new retro. That 2018 is just so bad in my opinion. The BC3 is my favorite sneaker of all time. That 2018 is just as bad as the 2016 True blues. The pair he has in his video actually looks pretty good to me too.

Last edited:
Yea I rock with Mike too. I actually sold him his pair of FTL 3s when they dropped. I was surprised to hear him say that too.

I can’t front I enjoy watching Mike Rich’s videos. Was surprised to see he said he likes the 2018 better than the new retro. That 2018 is just so bad in my opinion. The BC3 is my favorite sneaker of all time. That 2018 is just as bad as the 2016 True blues. The pair he has in his video actually looks pretty good to me too.

He said he likes the EP and leather better on the 18s, that's subjective so I'm not mad at that. What really got me is how he pointed out the difference in the greys on the two shoes and how the grey on the 18s make the red hits pop better. Now that he mentioned it that's probably the only thing I'd agree with in terms of the 18s having over the 24s. He did say the tongue and shape are better on the 24s and that's really what's important.

I didn’t and still don’t hate the 2018 pair because I was hype like a mfer when I hit on that shock drop. I was damn near tweakin lol.

That being said, yes, the 2024 pair is a little weird looking but I think this release will have a mixed batch for sure. Some pairs will look fantastic and some will stink. Luck of the draw 🤞🏽

One thing I will say I enjoyed about the 2018 release is they actually were attainable during the near peak levels of Jordan hype.

I struck out on RD on SNKRS, at that time it was free shipping or bust for me. I lived in DT Seattle and just put on my shoes at 7:05 and hiked to Nike Seattle, got in line and got a pair. It was dope. I expect to have a similar, if not easier experience this go around.

One thing I will say I enjoyed about the 2018 release is they actually were attainable during the near peak levels of Jordan hype.
This. With the Black Cement 3s I was in and out of SNKRS within a few minutes and was looking at the GOT EM page shortly after. I remember being surprised I had gotten a pair so easily, knowing the crowd size that the colorway brings.

Back
Top Bottom