Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Sweet jesus. The for reds never never never ever had the light elephant print like the cements 3s. They always had the darkest elephant print of the OGs. Those pics clearly show the dark elephant print. The pic has proper lighting and there no dark shading. Stop with this lunacy please!

Anyways those retros look butter. Can't wait to cop!!!!!!

Yes the OG's had the darkest elephant print out of all the III's but it was still lighter then the retros.

.......all the people that couldnt get the db 3s are now flooding into this thread. ill come back a week before drop.

I hope this thread gets locked if the EP talk continues, just stop, and if it's bothering you then don't cop. Quite simple.

I hope this thread gets locked if the EP talk continues, just stop, and if it's bothering you then don't cop. Quite simple.
True this discussion should've ended a LONG time ago but people love bringing it up. I hope people really don't like this shoe because regardless its a clean shoe and ill be happy to by these come RD

Why would this thread get locked because of the talk about elephant print? After all these shoes do have elephant print on them, There was the same discussion about elephant print when these released in 07'. At least it's somewhat on topic. But I do agree with you, if it's bothering you then don't cop.

yea I tried to end it by saying that the black part has to get lighter in color as time goes by. look at the charcoal/raptor 7s from 02 looks faded in the places the ogs did and the 07 pair of the fire red 3s looks lighter but because of time.

personally i think passing because of the EP is silly but hey thats just me.

Last edited:
Why would this thread get locked because of the talk about elephant print? After all these shoes do have elephant print on them, There was the same discussion about elephant print when these released in 07'. At least it's somewhat on topic. But I do agree with you, if it's bothering you then don't cop.

its just pointless is all, like it's been confirmed we're getting blacked out print, if you want the "Katrina 3's" then go cusotmise them yourself *end of discussion*

Saw these in person. Was gonna get these to begin with but they are better in person. The fire red really pops..

I always go TTS to play it safe but my '88s get more roomier every wear ... im gonna .5 size down if they are made the same way

Can't believe how close these are... Getting these back into my summer roto is gonna be nice ... Still deciding if ill triple

Does the growing roominess affect the amount of creasing at all?

More room in the shoe = more bending = more creasing, is usually the rule. My 88's came pre creased, walked not even half a block on the first wear and looked down and they looked weeks old. It just darkened the existing crease, made it deeper.

I kinda wish I went .5 down on my 88's now also. Idk if these are gonna be the same OG cut and width as the 88's were. Remember they made them slimmer and more narrow then the 2011 WC3 to match the OG NA 3.

I hope it's the same cut, I like the leaner profile much better. Just makes the entire shoe look cleaner.

I wonder if the DB3 had the same cut as the 88's. I would be interested to know, because the original DB release would have been the wider thicker retro version more like the 2011.

Really liking these with the darker elephant print... Was thinking about passing since I have a fresh pair of 88's but I might change my mind.

I'm on the fence, due to my fear of paint cracking.
mean.gif
Just stop eating and go anorexic like Nicole Richie.  The midsole won't even know you're there.

And, rock the kicks 'til the wheels fall off.  Cracked paint gives em character.

More room in the shoe = more bending = more creasing, is usually the rule. My 88's came pre creased, walked not even half a block on the first wear and looked down and they looked weeks old. It just darkened the existing crease, made it deeper.

I kinda wish I went .5 down on my 88's now also. Idk if these are gonna be the same OG cut and width as the 88's were. Remember they made them slimmer and more narrow then the 2011 WC3 to match the OG NA 3.

I hope it's the same cut, I like the leaner profile much better. Just makes the entire shoe look cleaner.

I wonder if the DB3 had the same cut as the 88's. I would be interested to know, because the original DB release would have been the wider thicker retro version more like the 2011.

Sized down on 88's, and all my 2011's

Will do the same on these too. CDP's were the only ones that really ran TTS for me.

The on-feet vid posted in this thread advised to go true to size for the Fire Red's.  Can't stand Jordans and the inconsistent sizing.  I'm scared to size down now and mess up.  Almost forced to go true to size every time and just take your chances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom