Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Yeah right dude. Why you waiting so long to put the hardware on the finger? Stop buying kicks and put a ring on it!!
broke up after 13 years. But yeah, I understand having a second "opinion" on buying shoes. I went from 1-2 pair a year to one a month after the breakup.

Just got a pair yesterday! My first pair of Jordan's. It was a tough decision between this and the green glow 4's but I guess you can never go wrong with 3's

Just got a pair yesterday! My first pair of Jordan's. It was a tough decision between this and the green glow 4's but I guess you can never go wrong with 3's
congrats. For a first, 3s are good. Takes some time to get used to the iv heel tab. I remember thinking that the heel tab never bothered me in intermediate school, when I had the og pair, but then remembered that I didn't drive then either. Ivs stuck to drive in.

congrats. For a first, 3s are good. Takes some time to get used to the iv heel tab. I remember thinking that the heel tab never bothered me in intermediate school, when I had the og pair, but then remembered that I didn't drive then either. Ivs stuck to drive in.

People always complain about the heel tab on 4s, it never bothered me and I never wear socks.. I guess it's a good to have skinny legs

Naw not really, if its shoes I'm going to keep and wear I don't wear them.. They actually make my feet sweat, and yes I do have dri fit socks...

Got my pair in from FNL last night, and to my dismay, they got blue ink on the back of the left shoe near the Jordan logo.. Tried to clean them up, they are stained. Called FNL and got the run around. Will call later and speak to a manager about getting a replacement pair. Im a lil suspect of FNL now, since they ship stock directly from random stores, I almost guarantee you we see more and more defective products being shipped out. My pair didnt have any tissue paper inside the shoe of the cardboard guard in the left shoe, and no tissue in the right shoe. makes me think someone got them on RD and returned them because of the ink. On the flip side, these just became my fav pick up this year. might trade for another pair or cop a 2nd, and hope FNL comes thru on the replacement pair.

Right on man.  In my short 6 years of marriage I've learned it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.  So I bought 2 pairs of J's this week. 
happy.gif
  Can't wait to hear the bla bla bla when the 3's show up. 
Finally got to try mine on today after a week of hiding em from the wife. These fit great, super comfy. I'm definitely glad I pulled the trigger.
I hide most of mine also.....  
wink.gif

glasses.gif
Bro it ain't about paying bills it's about getting 4 pairs of shoes "delivered" in a week. Doesn't happen often but when it does I like to avoid the wife getting the upper hand. That leads to more stuff for me to do.
I feel all of your pain when it comes to hiding shoes I've bought and trying to avoid a fight.  My ex-girlfriend (notice I said EX), who I was with for over 11 years, would literally cry when she found out I bought a new pair.  We lived together for the last 3 years of our relationship and I paid ALL the bills while we lived together. I mean, mortgage, electricity, gas, phone... everything.  I remember one time in 2004 when my black/chrome 2's came in the mail, I tried to get sneak them into the house without her seeing, but she "caught" me and started crying, saying, "I guess we're just not on the same page with what we want in life."  I said to her, "I bought a pair of shoes, it's not a life changing event."  Ugh... I do NOT miss those days.  I broke up with her a year later.

I'm married now and have been with my wife for 7.5 years and married for 2.5 years.  My wife not only has absolutely no problem with my sneaker collection, but buys me J's for my birthday, Christmas, etc.  and even has a small collection of her own now.  She even bought me a pair of J's as an engagement present.

I realize that everyone's circumstances are different, and not everything is black and white, but honestly, those of you who are with someone you have to hide stuff from are only going to grow more and more resentful of each other as time goes on.  My ex-girlfriend was right about one thing, we weren't on the same page about a lot of things.  The trick to a happy marriage/relationship is to find someone who's on the same page as you.  Not as simple as it sounds, but it is possible.

Just so I'm to too off topic... I like fire red 3's LOL

Lol be a man and buy yourself a pair of shoes. The day u took her hand in marriage, u didnt hand back your manhood.

LOL, Eastbay and others raised the price to 170. Stupid JB. That's a ***** move by JB and these retailers raising the price on a shoe after it already came out just 2 weeks ago at a lower price.

Last edited:
Got my pair in from FNL last night, and to my dismay, they got blue ink on the back of the left shoe near the Jordan logo.. Tried to clean them up, they are stained. Called FNL and got the run around. Will call later and speak to a manager about getting a replacement pair. Im a lil suspect of FNL now, since they ship stock directly from random stores, I almost guarantee you we see more and more defective products being shipped out. My pair didnt have any tissue paper inside the shoe of the cardboard guard in the left shoe, and no tissue in the right shoe. makes me think someone got them on RD and returned them because of the ink. On the flip side, these just became my fav pick up this year. might trade for another pair or cop a 2nd, and hope FNL comes thru on the replacement pair.
My 2nd pair came in missing a shoe tree and the hang tag it was a return. Sent them back next pair came it was a return missing a shoe tree not factory laced is a dead giveaway to look them over good. The sole was clean and toe box not creased no glue and sock liner was clean so I said what the heck. They doubled my winner circle points once and the 2nd compliant got me a free tshirt so I'm keeping these cause the next one they send out maybe worst.

Last edited:
My 2nd pair came in missing a shoe tree and the hang tag it was a return. Sent them back next pair came it was a return missing a shoe tree not factory laced is a dead giveaway to look them over good. The sole was clean and toe box not creased no glue and sock liner was clean so I said what the heck. They doubled my winner circle points once and the 2nd compliant got me a free tshirt so I'm keeping these cause the next one they send out maybe worst.

I've honestly been lucky with the recent releases when it comes to quality. Have not had one pair that I got and was upset with. No chips/ stains/ excess glue, etc. But As much as I like these, and don't want to lose out on owning a pair, I just cant spend hard earned money on a shoe that is not in the shape it should be. Glad FNL took care of you though. The WC, and sometimes their CS is a redeeming quality for the ppl who work their stores that dont give a damn about things.

My pair literally shipped out yesterday. Yesterday. I feel I should have some compensation for the extremely long wait especially b/c I am in school now and ordered them with plenty of time to arrive before class started.

Back
Top Bottom