Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Oqium Update: Just got UPS My Choice notification for delivery tomorrow. They’re not using DHL this time.

I been going back n forth too, I don’t need em but do want em. Might do the ultimate indecisive move and grab off snkrs if I can and decide when in hand

thats the right move. u can always return em if you change ya mind. better safe than sorry i always say. thank god nike has a GOAT return policy.

I want them a lot but shouldn't be buying lol.. been spending way too much and just booked two summer trips. I'm at 10 min with FA and 9 with FTL.. I'm not even adding the extra minute. I will likely only cop if they hit disco.. or try hard lol.

Wait... OG katrinas had jumpman did it not? So these are OG retro in reality. Nike air does look better but these had to have jumpman. OG retro although jordan never wore them. So maybe not OG? Confused...

For me, I need Nike Air branding on original colorways that bore it. Outside of that, I’m completely fine with the Jumpman on releases like these, Fears, etc. it’s a nice look.

If JB gives me these nice non-peeling midsoles so I can actually wear and enjoy my 3s, they could put an emblem of MJs denim on the back for all I care

Even though it was used on the OG Katrinas, the actual problem with “Jumpman Air” is that it doesn’t make sense. There’s literally no such thing as “Jumpman Air.” If it were just a simple, clean Jumpman, such as what is used on 4s, it would look A LOT better than the nonsensical “Jumpman Air”

I know there was a link or two somewhere on doing tab swaps for these... can anybody post it again or another one.

Not a how to link, but a service that I can pay to have it done.

Strongly thinking about doing a swap and keeping one stock. Thanks in advance.

Even though it was used on the OG Katrinas, the actual problem with “Jumpman Air” is that it doesn’t make sense. There’s literally no such thing as “Jumpman Air.” If it were just a simple, clean Jumpman, such as what is used on 4s, it would look A LOT better than the nonsensical “Jumpman Air”

657897687_red_jordan_jumpman_air_matte_tee_lp4.jpg

For me, I need Nike Air branding on original colorways that bore it. Outside of that, I’m completely fine with the Jumpman on releases like these, Fears, etc. it’s a nice look.

If JB gives me these nice non-peeling midsoles so I can actually wear and enjoy my 3s, they could put an emblem of MJs denim on the back for all I care

I’m not sure how this explains what “Jumpman Air” means, it’s nonsensical branding. “Nike Air” is an actual, patented technology.

Jordan Brand uses “Nike Air”, again, there is no such thing as “Jumpman Air” technology.

I see your point, but for branding purposes it makes "sense". Remove the nike logo, insert the jumpman logo. (even though "Nike Air" looks a million times better) Anything farther than that would be overthinking the situation.

You're overthinking this. This shoe was never made by Nike. This shoe was made by JB. JB put an air bag in it. Jumpan Air is appropriate.

At the end of the day, it's Nike, Inc... Nike money. *shrug*

Last edited:

It doesn't mean "Jumpman Air."

That being said, they should've just left it Nike Air. It fits that space like it was intended on design.

If they make a Chuck Taylor with an air bag, should they put Nike Air on it bc Nike owns Converse? I think most would agree that would be silly.

No.... believing this statement below to be true would be silly..

You're overthinking this. This shoe was never made by Nike. This shoe was made by JB. JB put an air bag in it. Jumpan Air is appropriate.

Converse was not originally with Nike, so why would Nike do that? The Jordan 3 originally came with the Nike Air insignia, so why wouldn't that make sense?

No.... believing this statement below to be true would be silly..

Converse was not originally with Nike, so why would Nike do that? The Jordan 3 originally came with the Nike Air insignia, so why wouldn't that make sense?
The Katrina never came with NA. I'm perfectly fine with pairs made under the Nike brand having NA on them. The og pairs had NA so retros should too. The pairs made under Jordan Brand shouldn't though. It'd be silly to slap NA on the Katrina when the og Katrina had JA.

If they make a Chuck Taylor with an air bag, should they put Nike Air on it bc Nike owns Converse? I think most would agree that would be silly.

Yep, this would be like having a Converse symbol and having “Air” under it. Doesn’t make sense to have he word “Air” under the Jumpman, especially because other Jumpman-branded retros like AJ4s only have the Jumpman.

Back
Top Bottom