Air Jordan 3 retro "Mocha". - December 15, 2018 release

That’s the OG after 17 years...

It didn't even take nearly that long for the eyelets to turn a shade of green, my pair did it within months of release.
The mochas are underrated. They seem like a bad idea until you have them in person and they can be worn with a lot of stuff. At least that's how I feel about them. I bought them the first time just because I wanted a 3 and there was nothing else available. Once I got them, I genuinely liked them, way more than I ever expected. But I won't buy them again because they just don't stay looking good for long. The midsole starts to yellow/brown (it seemed like the mocha color bled into it), the back tab yellows quickly, and those green eyelets ... I suppose it's possible JB will have corrected all that with this retro, but I don't need them bad enough to spend the money to find out.

It didn't even take nearly that long for the eyelets to turn a shade of green, my pair did it within months of release.
The mochas are underrated. They seem like a bad idea until you have them in person and they can be worn with a lot of stuff. At least that's how I feel about them. I bought them the first time just because I wanted a 3 and there was nothing else available. Once I got them, I genuinely liked them, way more than I ever expected. But I won't buy them again because they just don't stay looking good for long. The midsole starts to yellow/brown (it seemed like the mocha color bled into it), the back tab yellows quickly, and those green eyelets ... I suppose it's possible JB will have corrected all that with this retro, but I don't need them bad enough to spend the money to find out.
Maybe they did little touchups to avoid these issues. But why am i talking you into buying my shoe?

Maybe they did little touchups to avoid these issues. But why am i talking you into buying my shoe?

Ha don't worry about it, I'm not buying these. Too much other stuff already and too much coming. I'd never get around to wearing these.

its always better to make the release as easy as possible come on b
only old heads going after these and if they're old enough they're going after concords too :lol:

the said im going for these but concords are a no brainer just sucks its right after concords release. im trying to stop spending money plus Christmas :sick: :sick: :sick:

Didn’t expect you to take a break from the 33 thread to come here :lol: but I have to disagree... my 01s never turned minty green lol

Didn’t expect you to take a break from the 33 thread to come here :lol: but I have to disagree... my 01s never turned minty green lol

:rofl:

Mine probably weren't AS green as the ones in that pic above, but they discolored noticeably pretty fast, and definitely had a green/blue tint to them.
The uppers held up great, it was just the discoloration of the tab and midsole more than anything that turned me off. They just didn't stay looking nice for very long, relatively speaking.

:rofl:

Mine probably weren't AS green as the ones in that pic above, but they discolored noticeably pretty fast, and definitely had a green/blue tint to them.
The uppers held up great, it was just the discoloration of the tab and midsole more than anything that turned me off. They just didn't stay looking nice for very long, relatively speaking.

This is a colorway that looks great with some wear though. The mocha is a nice accent for the dirt and aging.

This is a colorway that looks great with some wear though. The mocha is a nice accent for the dirt and aging.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I thought they looked like poop (almost literally) once they started turning brown and yellow

I'm old and will be going for the Mocha's haha. Pass on the Concords for me (not a fan of 11's). Hoping the Mocha's will be an easy cop. This will be my first 3, missed out on the 2001's and not really a fan of the others.

Back
Top Bottom