Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Anyone notice these actual feel like an updated Jordan 3 white cements? The overall silhouette and cut is similar. The mostly white upper with the minimal black hit on the side and back. The red Jumpman on a big tounge. The same arc shape on the back. The ventilation dots on the vamp. The reinforcement on 3 eyelets. The “Paint wear pattern” feels like zoomed in elephant print. I can’t unsee it now.

I’m starting to really love these. They’re so comfy I kind of see them as a casual shoe first that you can ball in rather than a balling shoe that you can wear casual if that makes sense.

I felt the same way when I first saw them. These look more like a modern day 3 vs a modern day 29 or 9 for the Sol colorway.

The stability stuff is accurate on my end. But there's a reason behind it, for me.

In playing in these, the material on the upper is pretty good. When you tighten the laces, they do cinch down, but only to a point. So, again at least for me, there was no real way to get them to get a nice clean fit, because if you tighten them that much they're too tight. But if you loosen them up enough, your foot slides around in them.

That's what causes the soreness. That's what happened to me. The cushion is A-1. They look great. They feed good on foot, but you can't get that 1-to-1 fit as some say. The material doesn't allow it. So there's always "play" in the fit, and you get soreness because on stops and starts and changes of direction, your ankles are working to keep you doing what you're trying to do.

Another possibly great Jordan/Nike, with a fatal flaw. Happens a lot. Back mine go.

Hope they work out for yall!

So, again at least for me, there was no real way to get them to get a nice clean fit, because if you tighten them that much they're too tight. But if you loosen them up enough, your foot slides around in them.
Anytime I had this problem, the solution ended up being thicker socks. So simple, but that seems to always clear up this frustrating issue.

Anyone notice these actual feel like an updated Jordan 3 white cements? The overall silhouette and cut is similar. The mostly white upper with the minimal black hit on the side and back. The red Jumpman on a big tounge. The same arc shape on the back. The ventilation dots on the vamp. The reinforcement on 3 eyelets. The “Paint wear pattern” feels like zoomed in elephant print. I can’t unsee it now.

I’m starting to really love these. They’re so comfy I kind of see them as a casual shoe first that you can ball in rather than a balling shoe that you can wear casual if that makes sense.

I felt the same way when I first saw them. These look more like a modern day 3 vs a modern day 29 or 9 for the Sol colorway.
I was just thinking that the 39’s were like the little brother to the 29’s. And I kind of see what you guys we’re talking about

I caved in and got the Sol colorway instead and they look really nice in person. However, I did not expect them to be this girthy looking. Also I’m still not a fan of the cut of the shoe. It truly is a low cut

Before that I also got a pair of 29’s to do a 10 year performance comparison (still looking for a size 9.5 34’s with a translucent outsole to do a 5 year performance comparison) and looking at both shoes, both being size 9.5, there’s a bit of a resemblance to one another.

Attachments

• IMG_6475.jpeg
    IMG_6475.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6478.jpeg
    IMG_6478.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6479.jpeg
    IMG_6479.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_6484.jpeg
    IMG_6484.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
I'm having no issues with this shoe. Love them
Weight doesn't bother me.
Cushioning and fit are A+
Lockdown around heel got better after re-lacing a few times and making sure to use top eyelet.
No traction issue cause I play on a clean floor.
Was lucky to double up on whites before my 11.5 sold out on NDC and blacks on the way.....

My favorite AJ since the 23. Love how they look on foot, the materials, been wearing em around and to the gym since I got them. Haven’t hooped in them yet, but I’ve never based my favorite Jordan’s on how they performed on court even though I’ve hooped my whole life, kinda weird I know., it’s always been about looks for me. I’m sure I’ll get a pair on court soon. Looking forward to that black cat pair to see how premium they are.

IMG_3413.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 54
Tried the 39s on in person, and I can definitely see potential stability issues on these. Kinda felt like I was wearing a pair of Infinity RN4s with how bouncy and unstable it was at the same time. It also reminded me of some comments and chatter that said it'll definitely put more stress on the ankles because of it. But once I locked it in with all lace loops used, it felt a bit natural.

Definitely need to go TTS for a much better experience. Also might be a good idea to use orthotics for that extra peace of mind

210 shipped blacks

Thanks for posting.
Never ordered from them before but they had $20 off and no tax.
Shipping was $10 and they threw in a pair of free socks.
My order arrived today and all good.

Back
Top Bottom