Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by Remi23

cmoneymontana wrote:

If you are willing to pay $200 plus anyway, you might want to start looking at Prada, Gucci, or LV. 
THIS!!

gucci and prada sneakers start at like 400+ bro usually 500 average plus. and dont get me started on LV, they are like twice that and harder to get. i got some LV sneakers i payed like 700 for a while back .

The craziest part to me is that this price is almost pure profit. There are no more research and development costs. There are no real costs to recoup, like there is with the Lebron, KD, or Kobe lines. In essence, you're paying for memories and little else, and those memories aren't quite represented accurately for the sake of preserving the "integrity of OGs". Whatever. Inferior materials, altered molds, plus higher costs? Tough pill to swallow.

Huh? What? You have gotta be kidding me man, gee wiz. Bred IV's $180 and Bred XI's $200. My god, JB has gone insane, but if they worth those prices then JB better make them with better quality. Well if it's a little scheme for them to make some cha-ching then so be it.

jeeeeesus christ..... say what u want about the "quality increase" JB is just raping its customers now because demand is thru the roof compared to years passed.... not a good look >
embarassed.gif

First it was the $10 increase for retros ($150 to $160), and now a $20 increase.

JB really doesn't care about the consumer.

I just won't buy, plain and simple.
roll.gif
 at those who think they're going to make any sort of quality improvements. Y'all gotta be kidding me.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE PRICE CEILING IS IN ORDER TO GET THE MASSES TO STOP BUYING....$400? $500? ETC.

RETRO IS ALL JORDAN BRAND HAS BASICALLY IN MY EYES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE GOING TO COP ANYTHING JB BESIDES A RETRO. WHY WOULDN'T THEY MILK IT.

WHEN THE PRICE GOES ABOVE MY CEILING THEN I'LL BE OUT.

laugh.gif
@you thinking the average person would pay $300 or $350

Just because you have the money to pay $350, doesn't mean you'd be willing to. Then you have people who can't afford it. Most people don't have sneakers as a priority.

Give a kid a choice between some sneakers for a Christmas present or a PS4, how many are really picking the sneakers?

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Nike can see how easily people will drop $200 and up on resale prices for a shoe they really want, so they've essentially become the reseller. Was def. gonna cop 4's and possibly the XI's, but I'm good. I just can't justify that price increase, the kicks should come with Vaseline...

Say that again!!After next year I'm done with JB....I need a few more ferries I missed in the past when I was boycotting JB in from 06-09

Jb better use nothing but the best quality which I know they wont but since Nike is raising prices also I think for that price of $180 for Retro 4's they need to collaborate and have Nike Air Jordans once again. You Hear me Jb and Nike. Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 With Nike Air if that doesn't happen keep that overpriced %@% shoe that does not represent the original.

It is scary how much the Foamposites are going to retail for down the line.. 

keep it funky 180 or 200. 95% of people in this thread gonna drop the cash this dec if we get the chance(myself included). just a shame i see JB over saturating the market. the breads may be the only js i get this year other than oly 6. BTW how does the ordering work now

well this looks like this will be the last year of me copping jordans, no way i'm paying $200 for re-releases which are poor quality, i'm better off stacking my money for a extra $200 for some Gucci/Louis V shoes.

%*# ... You make Lebron's ridiculously priced so now I guess you need to make Jordan's catch up. Straight BS

Damn JB is gonna be ballin! This is gonna give more power to the resellers to. Nike Increase = Resellers Increase. SMFH. I'm kinda pissed.

I think the price increases will get some of the younger kids out the game. I remember when I was a kid I couldn't get any sneakers over $100 unless I paid for them. It's even worse now, because a sneaker like the Durant is the rarity. I can't imagine going to my parents like these kids do asking for $220 sneakers.

With the price increase, it will be interesting to see if they increase or decrease production from last black friday and christmas.

LOL its funny how you guys are saying you won't buy wait till those official pictures come out and when the date gets near many of you will come back.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE PRICE CEILING IS IN ORDER TO GET THE MASSES TO STOP BUYING....$400? $500? ETC.

RETRO IS ALL JORDAN BRAND HAS BASICALLY IN MY EYES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE GOING TO COP ANYTHING JB BESIDES A RETRO. WHY WOULDN'T THEY MILK IT.

WHEN THE PRICE GOES ABOVE MY CEILING THEN I'LL BE OUT.

indifferent.gif

no they wouldnt, who ever would pay even $250 plus for a single pair of GR jordans straight from the store is on drugs. unless they are gold plated and limited then sure but a regular GR with fake leather and what not. HELL NO. you must be ballin to make that comment

Back
Top Bottom