AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

I hope by "all the 4's" you mean all the 4's with nubuck uppers. Because I can assure you the Fire Reds and the Military Blues were a big disappointment.
These Blk/Red 4's are looking really nice
One of my faves. But such low quality I refuse to wear em. The first pair I got came with dents and scratches all over the midsole. Also it creased just from me trying them on. Then I returned them and got another.

The fire red 4's are my all time favorite. I doubled up on them this time around, and both my pairs came pre creased. I know the feel...
At least these 4's are looking really solid!!!
No I agree (almost). I love the WCIVs, best one all year imo. Don't care about stiff leather. Jordan IVs are **** when it comes to comfort. Doesnt matter what material the upper is made of, hard leather soft leather, whatever. In fact I prefer the hard leather. Wore them at least 40sum times and they could pass as VNDS. STILL next to no creases on them. I do wish the militaries were better quality, but for a JB product, they aren't bad. Only wore em twice, but those two times amounted to over 9 hours ACTIVE of on foot time (wore em on my trip to NY). The Cavs we can all agree they are on point. A few idiots have tried to complain about the quality on that one but I always put em on blast. Still have mine DS. But the fire reds are god-awful. Complete trash. I just don't have the heart to sell em since I have been looking for em for a long time. Hopefully someone makes a decent offer sometime. (I wonder if I can get a pair of OG colorway IIIs with them but that is just wishful thinking).

I will judge these when I get em. tbh either these pics seriously don't do these justice or they are nowhere near as good as everyone is anticipating. Other than the shape, I am not impressed with em

Nice have to get FA by 5pm to get a ticket to get these.. this should be fun
mean.gif

Don't wanna go with a long wall of text, but I've gotta share this (already posted it in the LeBron thread).
laugh.gif

Copped two pairs of Jade LeBron X's.  One for me, one for my boy.  Said he wanted them badly.  My FNL shipment came today.  Go to meet up with my boy before hitting the gym.  My boy sees them and decides he doesn't want 'em.  "I thought they were gonna look like South Beaches."
indifferent.gif
  Almost backhanded homeboy like A Pimp Named Slickback.
laugh.gif

Finished up my workout quick enough to hit up FNL, decided to just return the 2nd pair and repurchase my pair so that I can use my WC reward before it expires tomorrow.  Bring in the bag and the receipt, dude at the register's jaw drops when he opens the box.  Said he wanted a pair but missed out.  Just so happens that he rocks the same exact size as me.  Said he wanted them, but he didn't have the bread for it today.  Told him to just put 'em in the back and hide them no one will notice lol.  Long story short, I told him I'll keep both pairs for a few days then he can have 'em for retail.  For $180 it's not gonna kill me.  Dude started dancing like James Brown.
roll.gif

Convo switched to the Black Cement IVs (my personal grail as most of you know).  They said they had a bunch of pairs, but I let them know right away that I don't line up for shoes anymore.  Homie said he's passing on them.  I told him if he holds his pair for me I'll hold onto the LeBrons as long as he needs me to.  Dude agrees and now I have one pair guaranteed on lock.
smokin.gif

I know I know...cool story.
laugh.gif

Needless to say, I'm very pleased with how it all worked out.  I don't have to stress Black Friday at all other than to try for a double up online.

Also, dude let me check the shoes out.  Very similar nubuck/suede blend as the Cavs.  I'll say this, as much as I'm a purist, with my lowered standards for JB nowadays, this retro is on point.  Haven't been this hyped about a release in quite a while.  Knowing that I have one pair on lock hassle free makes it all the better.

SMH, they would throw a raffle a few days before. I'm so glad I got my pair (even with the glue stains) from Sol3 Society & another pair pre-ordered b/c I wouldve been screwed if i waited til RD since i'm going out of town Wednesday & Gurnee Mills are going to do raffles on this Sunday 

as much as I'm a purist, with my lowered standards for JB nowadays, this retro is on point.  Haven't been this hyped about a release in quite a while.  Knowing that I have one pair on lock hassle free makes it all the better.

+1
Yes. This is exactly my feeling. The BC IV 99/OG mold is my actual All-Time grail. But I passed on the CDP, mostly due to the stupid 2-pack, but also because of quality/shape concerns.
Knowing how JB has ruined so many legendary shoes, my expectations were low, but this pair actually came out pretty good. Its not perfect by any means, but it exceeded my expectations, and I think most people (even purists) will be pleased

with all these raffles and RSVP systems it still boggles my mind why most of the guys on here who claim to love sneakers and are always coppin' can't just TALK to the employees at their favorite spots. I go in all the time to just shoot the $&*% at my spot, so they hold me down with a pair til RD. It's no longer a number game at this point people, it's about who you know.

what exactly is that procedure about? u line up until sunday to get a ticket or what? i dont understand it

Does every Footlocker have to do the ticket procedure or is it just an option for each store?

if you follow the links in the email it says it's every footlocker. Which is a major problem for me since my pair is supposedly being held down for me at the local footlocker, i'm going to have to go by there tomorrow and see what's up. There's no way I can get there sunday either since I have work from 10-8 and the ticket handout is at 5. No way in hell I'm taking a day off for a ticket. I'll just buy online.

if you follow the links in the email it says it's every footlocker. Which is a major problem for me since my pair is supposedly being held down for me at the local footlocker, i'm going to have to go by there tomorrow and see what's up. There's no way I can get there sunday either since I have work from 10-8 and the ticket handout is at 5. No way in hell I'm taking a day off for a ticket. I'll just buy online.

Actually it's not every footlocker. It's the ones that are "bigger" or areas that are more popular. The one on halsted and 31st in Chicago is first come first serve because they said not many people come to that area. Probably should call the store you're interested in and see what's up.

I clicked the link through and it showed my footlocker i go to as doing tickets, which didn't make sense to me since it's in the middle of nowhere and me and five other guys are the only ones there for every single release ever. Obviously I can't call them now, but like I said I'm going to go by in the morning.

This doesn't make sense. Between the Footlocker, Finishline, and Olympia Sports at this mall there are either 2 or 3 FSRs total of Jordan retros, but for this release Finishline alone has 3, and footlocker has 2, haven't checked Olympia yet. For a shoe that has more than double what is usually available why do tickets?

I followed the link and called my stores doin first come first serve on both releases in my area.

Got my pair today, looks and feel great on my feet. Now imma try to get another pair on release day to put on ice. I spent an extra 25 to Get my early pair, not to bad IMO.

I saw these at my spot tonight. Similar to Cav's quality wise. Decided not to pull the trigger. Hopefully everyone who wants them, gets them. I don't think these will go for that much on the resale market. Not really hyped over them

Last edited:
I will judge these when I get em. tbh either these pics seriously don't do these justice or they are nowhere near as good as everyone is anticipating. Other than the shape, I am not impressed with em
i agree here. this release is highly suspect, based purely on photos and video posted to this point. from what i've observed on this forum, most people have absolutely zero basis for comparison to start with.

This whole ticket thing ***** me over if I can't purchase online because I'll be out of town for the holiday, and I won't be able to get a ticket for the store I will be closest to on Black Friday.  Hopefully the interwebs are friendly on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom