AIR JORDAN 4 BLACK - MATTE SILVER - GAME ROYAL $190 June 17th 2017

^ im sure their are people that try and keep up, extremely expensive tho...[emoji]128529[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

JB went beyond overstating the market. Which is partially the reason for decline in quality. Then the 'remastered pairs' cost 220 for not horrible quality :smh:

The worst was when they changed their molds and started duplicating fakes :stoneface:

Now they drop horrendous colors. Not including OGs I'd say 10-15% of retro plus Jordan's are hot imo. Flip side is flooding the market made it so that ogs sit and I can cop without dealing with beasts.

/rant

truth. $220 is just ridiculous, hell some of the **** anit even worth the $190 price tag.

For me, definitely the Oreo. Reminds me. I should wear mine soon. Lol
I hear you, but I still got some 20% codes and when I checked it worked on these

Seems like the exclusions are hit or miss. Could use on these but not on the chutney 13 low and other kicks.

For me, definitely the Oreo. Reminds me. I should wear mine soon. Lol
I hear you, but I still got some 20% codes and when I checked it worked on these
Seems like the exclusions are hit or miss. Could use on these but not on the chutney 13 low and other kicks.
i think theyre now being selective on what they allow. i mean, to me thats the only explanation as to why chutneys still cant be discounted but these new releases could. i think i remember somebody either call in or chatted in and asked why chuts were excluded from discount and got told that it was a "mistake" or "glitch" on the website.....which i kinda believed at that time but not anymore cuz they STILL excluded.

i think theyre now being selective on what they allow. i mean, to me thats the only explanation as to why chutneys still cant be discounted but these new releases could. i think i remember somebody either call in or chatted in and asked why chuts were excluded from discount and got told that it was a "mistake" or "glitch" on the website.....which i kinda believed at that time but not anymore cuz they STILL excluded.

Not as hot as Chutneys but
Pure Platinum are discount excluded as well.
Cmon, Pure Platinums are really sitting. Why exclude from discount?
View media item 2476137
Tried codes could not apply.

Not as hot as Chutneys but
Pure Platinum are discount excluded as well.
Cmon, Pure Platinums are really sitting. Why exclude from discount?

Tried codes could not apply.
its cool tho, i copped chuts and plats from another retailer. NDC wanna be stingy? ok cool, sit on yall inventory biiiiish. down the line when nike realizes OH NOOOO and decides to remove exclusion itll most likely be too late cuz people would have already copped from other retailers with discounts.

JB went beyond overstating the market. Which is partially the reason for decline in quality. Then the 'remastered pairs' cost 220 for not horrible quality :smh:

The worst was when they changed their molds and started duplicating fakes :stoneface:

Now they drop horrendous colors. Not including OGs I'd say 10-15% of retro plus Jordan's are hot imo. Flip side is flooding the market made it so that ogs sit and I can cop without dealing with beasts.

/rant

Naw, when they had bad quality 2010 to 2015 they were only doing two releases a month and releasing less sneakers.

And I don't agree at all about them releasing bad colors. What's bad about most of those colors in the store? Most are basic colors. Brave Blue, all white, metallic blue, metallic silver, maroon, red. Where are these "horrendous" colorways? The most out there colorway were chutneys, which people claimed to want.

Retro+'s weren't desirable to us older dudes at first, because they weren't OG. I notice it's a cycle, you guys don't want kicks that hadn't been retroed before, because they have no prior history of being desired or worth anything, but you want stuff like mochas and laneys.

Last edited:
They need to release cool greys then I'll stop with shoes

Always wanted those and won't stop til they're released!

The $190 price tag was the dumbest thing they've done in a while. Literally no one pays that for ANYTHING. Jordan's don't sit because they aren't nice anymore, they sit cuz their too expensive. If JB cuts production next year in accordance with Nike cutting back, yet still keep prices $190+, they're going to take even more Ls.

I agree 100%.

Retro's 1-8 should never be over $130+ tax, IMHO...

Screw all that inflation crap.

Naw, when they had bad quality 2010 to 2015 they were only doing two releases a month and releasing less sneakers.

And I don't agree at all about them releasing bad colors. What's bad about most of those colors in the store? Most are basic colors. Brave Blue, all white, metallic blue, metallic silver, maroon, red. Where are these "horrendous" colorways? The most out there colorway were chutneys, which people claimed to want.

Retro+'s weren't desirable to us older dudes at first, because they weren't OG. I notice it's a cycle, you guys don't want kicks that hadn't been retroed before, because they have no prior history of being desired or worth anything, but you want stuff like mochas and laneys.

2010-2015 there was literally 0 competition for JB in the casual market (for shoes $100+). Adidas has recently become a legitimate threat to them in THIS specific market which includes retros (overall, in apparel and performance products, Adidas is far behind Nike/JB).

Nike/JB probably has sales numbers they have to hit before they remove exclusions on certain pairs. I bet the longer the pairs sit, this number probably goes down as well. Also, if sales are extremely slow at retail (I.e. Motorsport 4s), they probably drop the number sold before exclusions are removed as well.

Nike/JB probably has sales numbers they have to hit before they remove exclusions on certain pairs. I bet the longer the pairs sit, this number probably goes down as well. Also, if sales are extremely slow at retail (I.e. Motorsport 4s), they probably drop the number sold before exclusions are removed as well.
yea but this is the first time in aaaages that i can remember not being able to use a 20% code on a release item. usually the 20%s that start with USC------ work on ANYTHING. whens the last time a shoe released on NDC and you couldnt use a 20% code? theyve never put exclusions on products before that excluded ALL codes. releases been sitting for a while now. didnt just start happening. you may be right tho. but i think something else might be going on too.

this is strange lol

Last edited:
yea but this is the first time in aaaages that i can remember not being able to use a 20% code on a release item. usually the 20%s that start with USC------ work on ANYTHING. whens the last time a shoe released on NDC and you couldnt use a 20% code? theyve never put exclusions on products before that excluded ALL codes. releases been sitting for a while now. didnt just start happening. you may be right tho. but i think something else might be going on too.

this is strange lol

It could also be that they are holding back stock to send to outlets. I bet there were VERY few people that dropped retail for plat 13 lows but I'm sure some people didn't/don't mind paying $140 for them. Once they stop selling at $140, Nike can distribute stock to outlets to attract more customers.

True. Nike gotta have some decent **** and not just unwanted leftover meat for the outlets. They gonna get dudes with a slight lower price level thinking it's a bargain. They trying to get y'all money but just different way. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
I've been hitting up alot of outlets lately

In my experience seems like alot of recent new releases are arriving must faster

Some of them are still retail which seems odd

But some can be had for $40-50 below retail

I dont even bother with NDC anymore

Back
Top Bottom