Air Jordan 4 "What The" 11/13/19

Why on earth would they retro these also why are we talking about retroing a shoe that JUST came out.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic...? The point is for people on the fence, once these dry up the price could increase over time, and since they're unlikely to retro they'd likely pay a premium in the long run.

Though the Tinker 3s seem similar from a popularity point of view, and the price on those has taken over a year to get back to retail. Love those even if most don't; one of my go-to 3s!

I wouldn't mind a pair know the collection just cuz what they represent with all the og colors combined.....I just don't like how they were executed. Maybe black based could have been better, mudguards a different color, etc. The all upper white just ain't doing it for me. They could have done much better with this execution.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic...? The point is for people on the fence, once these dry up the price could increase over time, and since they're unlikely to retro they'd likely pay a premium in the long run.

Though the Tinker 3s seem similar from a popularity point of view, and the price on those has taken over a year to get back to retail. Love those even if most don't; one of my go-to 3s!
No I was serious they haven't dried up yet if you are on the fence buy the shoe or don't buy it. Dudes trying to plan for a POSSIBLE retro YEARS down the line, if someone is thinking of holding out and waiting for a retro then they don't really want them.

Retro’ing non OG or non sought out colorways is odd
they are going to retro these. jordan brand likes to use their own archives. it's cost effective and it's a good filler when they're having creative droughts.

also retroing non OG colorways may not make sense for us but it can still cater to newer generations/different demographics.

I wouldn't mind a pair know the collection just cuz what they represent with all the og colors combined.....I just don't like how they were executed. Maybe black based could have been better, mudguards a different color, etc. The all upper white just ain't doing it for me. They could have done much better with this execution.

I don't see how black based could have worked, but I like your thought about the mud guard being a diff color like the militaries. That would have made them stand out more. Would love to see their concept drawings. I think they were trying to keep to only OG elements, so the only mud guard color could have been the grey, and I guess that didn't make the cut. Making it red, black, blue, or other might have looked more striking, but wouldn't have been OG.

IMaybe black based could have been better, mudguards a different color, etc. The all upper white just ain't doing it for me. They could have done much better with this execution.

I purchased, but that was my gripe. Double white makes them look a little boring and you never get a real BRED feel for either mix.

I know most dont enjoy the mismatch look but the teaser photos that had one black and white shoe was the best look to me.
But that would have certainly led to differences in the lft and rt shoes due to materials alone.

55D53CD1-2E19-41F6-8A68-9995A0B8B1FC.jpeg

Has anyone noticed how much the shape is off. They are very nice and all but compared to my blk/red they look weird...lol. The wing tab is far away from the ankle collar and the curvature isn't the same. Also the back heel counter is wider unlike the blk/red which is narrow.

Is this because they went close to the OG with the Blk/Red and back to the standard shaping with these. NO GRIPES... Just stating the obvious.

Also the colors on the outsole for the What The Blk/Red pair is different from the actual retro cw. They greys are slightly different and white on the What The is pure white and sail-like on the OG...

20191127_210923.jpg
20191127_220028.jpg
20191127_215934.jpg
20191127_220317.jpg

For 1 .. shoes vary when they are mass produced.. no cap. And 2 .. the BC's were cut higher for OG purposes.. even if it is subtle.

Last edited:
these going up in price? cuz I can’t cop for another two weeks and don’t wanna pay high resale :/

Nike with the unexpected delivery today. Extra pair for free lol:nthat:
Maybe they just need to clear space for the 11s

Back
Top Bottom