Most people don't care about 8's honestly
That’s sad how people don’t care about 8s

I wasn’t able to get Champaign Gold 8s in Outlet for $80 last Feb

Now similar colorway I mean OVOs are so pricey I couldn’t get em neither

I wonder why OVO 8s have such low resell price, compare to OVO 10s

10s are least popular among Jordans yet still have $350 value

Last edited:
You plan on wearing the box?

Amazing reply. You new wave of NTers are something else. No, I don't plan on wearing the box. I don't plan on wearing the shoes either. I'm a collector and the box is important in the world of collecting. Let's say the seller would've said "$668 shipped with mangled box", I wouldn't have paid it. I wanted the box to be pristine and UPS messed that up big time.

Amazing reply. You new wave of NTers are something else. No, I don't plan on wearing the box. I don't plan on wearing the shoes either. I'm a collector and the box is important in the world of collecting. Let's say the seller would've said "$668 shipped with mangled box", I wouldn't have paid it. I wanted the box to be pristine and UPS messed that up big time.
If that's your biggest worry then count your blessings. I have no doubt you would have purchased anyway knowing the box is damaged. I understand we live in a world full of complainers now so I get it

If that's your biggest worry then count your blessings. I have no doubt you would have purchased anyway knowing the box is damaged. I understand we live in a world full of complainers now so I get it
People care about boxes and their condition. There's a reason on goat you have to list a damaged box or be at risk of a canceled sale or have to issue a partial refund. You might not care but believe me many do

People care about boxes and their condition. There's a reason on goat you have to list a damaged box or be at risk of a canceled sale or have to issue a partial refund. You might not care but believe me many do
Especially if people are paying resale prices! I'm just thankful my box is pretty good overall. No dents or dings in it, just a super small crease at the bottom.

One of the biggest problems in this hobby today is most of you newer guys have no idea/respect for this culture and it's history. Most of you guys are into shoes because it's just the "in thing" to do. You're completely clueless yet you repeatedly spew your nonsense as if what you're saying is logical. You said I would've purchased the shoes if I knew the box was damaged. I sure would've...if the shoes were about $100-$150 cheaper. No way I would've paid what I paid for these if I knew the box was like this. A small dent/ding is one thing but the entire bottom of the box being ripped open is a whole different problem. You clearly have no idea what's going on here so I'm just gonna simply withdraw from this lil back and forth. Have a good day sir.

"A wise man once told me don't argue with fools,
Cuz from a distance it's hard to tell who is who..." -Jay Z

Have to say 90 percent of the boxes my shoes come in are not perfect. Some the top is creased along the top some are ripped on the side most have a dent or a Little hole on the top. Is it annoying yes. Rather the box then the shoe... I am sure it’s not shipped that way.. I am sure usps Fedx and ups has something to do with it...

Have to say 90 percent of the boxes my shoes come in are not perfect. Some the top is creased along the top some are ripped on the side most have a dent or a Little hole on the top. Is it annoying yes. Rather the box then the shoe... I am sure it’s not shipped that way.. I am sure usps Fedx and ups has something to do with it...

2hqc64m.jpg

I know it was UPS that did it my man. Filed a complaint with them and everything.

I'm not saying I want a perfect box, I'm just upset that UPS was this careless and reckless and completely destroyed my box, that's all.

2hqc64m.jpg

I know it was UPS that did it my man. Filed a complaint with them and everything.

I'm not saying I want a perfect box, I'm just upset that UPS was this careless and reckless and completely destroyed my box, that's all.
You are 100 percent right

One time I bought a pair of shoes for a homie from Packers and the shoes came shipped to me with the shipping label directly taped onto the shoe box. I wouldn’t have cared that much if they were for me, but because they were for my boy I was heated. Sent a message to Packer saying this is unexceptable and this is something you’d see from a kid off eBay but not some reputable retailer. They assured me it wasn’t them (especially since I posted it on twitter and tagged them, it got a lot of attention at the time and they were shook.) I believed them and contacted UPS. UPS hit me with the ”well you received the shoes right? What else you want?” I told them nah, it’s the principle. How would you feel if you purchased something online and it showed up to your door and the shipping label was slapped directly onto it? And as a shoe collector this is just straight disrespectful. Y’all opened up my package in the first place. In the end I convinced UPS to write me a check for half the price of the shoes :pimp:. My boy didn’t even care about the box, but I ain’t tryna get punked by UPS :lol:

One of the biggest problems in this hobby today is most of you newer guys have no idea/respect for this culture and it's history. Most of you guys are into shoes because it's just the "in thing" to do. You're completely clueless yet you repeatedly spew your nonsense as if what you're saying is logical. You said I would've purchased the shoes if I knew the box was damaged. I sure would've...if the shoes were about $100-$150 cheaper. No way I would've paid what I paid for these if I knew the box was like this. A small dent/ding is one thing but the entire bottom of the box being ripped open is a whole different problem. You clearly have no idea what's going on here so I'm just gonna simply withdraw from this lil back and forth. Have a good day sir.

"A wise man once told me don't argue with fools,
Cuz from a distance it's hard to tell who is who..." -Jay Z
First of all you have no idea how long I've been doing anything because you don't know me. You think having a difference of opinion equates to being New or someone is in it because it's the in thing to do. Man pull your skirt down and get off your high horse it's just a damn cardboard box. Y'all act like being a shoe collector takes some unique skill or something.

First of all you have no idea how long I've been doing anything because you don't know me. You think having a difference of opinion equates to being New or someone is in it because it's the in thing to do. Man pull your skirt down and get off your high horse it's just a damn cardboard box. Y'all act like being a shoe collector takes some unique skill or something.

I said I wasn't going to respond but hey here I am, responding. Smh @ myself.

I don't need to know you my man, your words let me know everything about you that I need to know. If someone were to write "Lil Uzi Vert is the greatest rapper to ever live and he's the most skilled lyricist ever!!!" I don't need to know any personal details about that person to know that they're either young or trolling...or stupid. In your case, your "difference of opinion" let's me know relatively how long you've been doing this and/or how serious you are about this hobby.

Let me break this down in the simplest of terms. I will NOT be wearing either of these shoes, they are collector items. I paid $668 for the pair wth the torn box. Suppose I need to sell them for WHATEVER reason, I now have to list them as DS with mangled box. Based off of the condition of the box alone, I'm not going to fetch the $668 that I originally invested into them, the value has now dropped and I am now "under water". If I woulda paid retail and got a mangled box then so be it because the shoes would still be worth more than what I paid. But that's not the case...

And no, collecting doesn't take a skill at all. First and foremost, there's a difference between your average "consumers" and shoe collectors. Collectors understand the importance of boxes, retro cards, extra sets of laces, etc. Realistically, Nike/Jordan Brand even releases special boxes for special shoes. These lil details are for the COLLECTORS, not your average consumer. Consumers can care less about that stuff, they just wanna look fly which is completely understandable. My personal problem is I keep confusing consumers and sneaker heads for collectors so in doing so, I find myself surprised when I get responses such as yours. So again, there's no skill to collecting but it does help when there's an understanding and respect for the culture and its origins. If you understood what I'm saying, then it wouldn't be just a "cardboard box" to you...

I said I wasn't going to respond but hey here I am, responding. Smh @ myself.

I don't need to know you my man, your words let me know everything about you that I need to know. If someone were to write "Lil Uzi Vert is the greatest rapper to ever live and he's the most skilled lyricist ever!!!" I don't need to know any personal details about that person to know that they're either young or trolling...or stupid. In your case, your "difference of opinion" let's me know relatively how long you've been doing this and/or how serious you are about this hobby.

Let me break this down in the simplest of terms. I will NOT be wearing either of these shoes, they are collector items. I paid $668 for the pair wth the torn box. Suppose I need to sell them for WHATEVER reason, I now have to list them as DS with mangled box. Based off of the condition of the box alone, I'm not going to fetch the $668 that I originally invested into them, the value has now dropped and I am now "under water". If I woulda paid retail and got a mangled box then so be it because the shoes would still be worth more than what I paid. But that's not the case...

And no, collecting doesn't take a skill at all. First and foremost, there's a difference between your average "consumers" and shoe collectors. Collectors understand the importance of boxes, retro cards, extra sets of laces, etc. Realistically, Nike/Jordan Brand even releases special boxes for special shoes. These lil details are for the COLLECTORS, not your average consumer. Consumers can care less about that stuff, they just wanna look fly which is completely understandable. My personal problem is I keep confusing consumers and sneaker heads for collectors so in doing so, I find myself surprised when I get responses such as yours. So again, there's no skill to collecting but it does help when there's an understanding and respect for the culture and its origins. If you understood what I'm saying, then it wouldn't be just a "cardboard box" to you...
Wow you just broke that down to a fine power

I felt bad when my desiccant can leaked and all fluid soaked my Jordan 4 box.

Could have sold my shoes used, with receipt, wth OG box when I don’t want to wear them any more.

I understand the importance of in shape box.....
Goat torn box theory make sense too
But lets just move on

I felt bad when my desiccant can leaked and all fluid soaked my Jordan 4 box.

Could have sold my shoes used, with receipt, wth OG box when I don’t want to wear them any more.

I understand the importance of in shape box.....
Goat torn box theory make sense too
But lets just move on

Agreed. Back to the shoes.

We're in a IV thread so I'll repost my IV collection to get things back on track. Hopefully it's appreciated. Enjoy...

e9eoih.jpg

Back
Top Bottom