Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Timbo’s are the only shoe that’s frequently worn with the tongue down. People trying to create this phemomena that people used to wear their 4s like that. That was never the case.

Timbo’s are the only shoe that’s frequently worn with the tongue down. People trying to create this phemomena that people used to wear their 4s like that. That was never the case.
That was never your case. The world used to be a lot bigger before the internet. Either way; the Union iteration isn’t how the old heads used to do it anyway.

This is the hill you choose to die on when getting called out by NT for handouts?
Make a new account
Leave it to dudes or females j like you to try and get personal over a shoe discussion

In my mid 30s, never seen a single person fold down the tongue on their 4s. How would you even do it? The tongue isn’t big enough to fold and keep it folded I feel like.

It’s big enough to fold the OG had a higher tongue however it just would not stay....

In my mid 30s, never seen a single person fold down the tongue on their 4s. How would you even do it? The tongue isn’t big enough to fold and keep it folded I feel like.
36 bro. Trust me it wasn’t a huge phenomenon lol. But it def occurred. Idk maybe it was regional?
It’s big enough to fold the OG had a higher tongue however it just would not stay....
this.

Old NT thread about Jordans with tongues down

Pics from thread. NT denim in full force 😁
2b5156e93362ca1b6529871f1a6778e0800e632.jpg
ce325bfe6d32c673cdc1bdea27575a3f83ad344.jpg

That's where I've been describing they are supposed to fold. Thanks for visualizing it.
Where Union folded it is not how people did it in the 80s.

Disclaimer for my experiences in the 80s/90s: I saw people doing this on Timbs and a bunch of nameless generic shoes, but I had never seen anyone do it on the 4s. I just knew the tag inside was meant for it, but I never saw anyone want to do it for their Jordans.

That's where I've been describing they are supposed to fold. Thanks for visualizing it.
Where Union folded it is not how people did it in the 80s.

Disclaimer for my experiences in the 80s/90s: I saw people doing this on Timbs and a bunch of nameless generic shoes, but I had never seen anyone do it on the 4s. I just knew the tag inside was meant for it, but I never saw anyone want to do it for their Jordans.
it’s almost as if people thought we were lying. Where’s that one MAGA hunter guy taking personal shots at me? Tombout zoomer and vitamins

Old NT thread about Jordans with tongues down

Pics from thread. NT denim in full force 😁
2b5156e93362ca1b6529871f1a6778e0800e632.jpg
ce325bfe6d32c673cdc1bdea27575a3f83ad344.jpg

The pic of MJ in that post isn't of the IVs though. So like this poster in 2009, I have the same question:

Haha we wanted pics of the IVs and Vs though.

And did they wear the IVs tongue lower in the 80s-90s?

I mean at this point it's safe to say some people did it, but I don't think it was ever a thing. I feel silly even thinking about asking people I know. It's not that deep. The colorway is terrible, point blank.

I def saw ppl fold the 6 tongue down a lot. I did not like that. Hate the Jordan 6 tongue in general to think about hit

I've never seen anyone rock it like that in person but others have and it would make sense considering the upside down Jordan text. It's seems like something that was done in small pockets of areas. I'll compare it to ppl wearing backwards clothes during the Kris Kross era.😁 It happened...but it was rare to see.
958f488b6988c068b11392b351af009c.jpg

I def saw ppl fold the 6 tongue down a lot. I did not like that. Hate the Jordan 6 tongue in general to think about hit

I didn't like that half of the 6 tongue was flimsy, its like the lower half is barely strong enough to hold the upper plastic tongue.

I didn't like that half of the 6 tongue was flimsy, its like the lower half is barely strong enough to hold the upper plastic tongue.
Word. Especially during the raw denim era. Would try to stack your jawnz perfectly behind the tongue and joints would flop worse than Chris Paul in a playoff game

Back
Top Bottom