Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Nigels are dope IMO. Even before the 2010 AJ1KOs with the aged midsoles, there was the Dunk High Vintage pack that dropped in 2008. Those had aged midsoles, aged looking laces, and even some marks and distressing on them. IMO though, all the SAIL we’ve been getting is also an extension of the whole aged look (yellowing, distressing, etc.). All the Sail midsoles, Sail panels, and Sail laces on various pairs throughout the recent years, all so sht doesn’t look super duper new and crisp and white. I’m fine either way, and appreciate both the fresh white look of pairs, or the more subdued Sails, and other aged looking pairs. Sure, the scuffs and more intense aging stands out than just more subtle aging/yellowing of soles and midsoles or laces, or using Sail instead of white, but it’s all striving for the same feel/look IMO.

Unstitched Guavas

I need them to preview the apparel already....

Still dope IMO, but for me the yellowish color of the inside of the tongue when it’s initially stitched down balances out the yellowed midsole/outsole. So whatever color of the 4s I get, that tongue is staying stitched down.

if you take away the potential resell value, who would ever choose these over any OG 4 colorway?
That’s why I love these. I’d NEVER choose these over an OG 4 colorway. But having OG Blk/Cement 4s, and a bunch of OG colorways of other pairs, these Union 4s are a dope and unique deviation from the regular schmegular Jordan IMO. These don’t replace any classic, they just add difference/uniqueness to the collection for me.

That’s why I love these. I’d NEVER choose these over an OG 4 colorway. But having OG Blk/Cement 4s, and a bunch of OG colorways of other pairs, these Union 4s are a dope and unique deviation from the regular schmegular Jordan IMO. These don’t replace any classic, they just add difference/uniqueness to the collection for me.

i get it. i do think the union 1 have a classic appeal and can hold it's own when compared to some of the OG colorways. these are a bit more out there.

The L/S is fire. The rest is meh. At least it looks like the back is embroidered on all the shirts, hoodies, l/s

Back
Top Bottom