Air Jordan 5 “Raging Bull” April 10, 2021

My enthusiasm for buying Jordans is pretty much dead these days.

I still have the pair from 09, and they were one of my most worn pairs until the midsoles started crumbling about a year back.

A decade ago, I used to be able to get almost anything online. Last pair I've managed to get were the What The IVs from late 2019, and I think I must have just got extremely lucky there. Struck out last year on the Red 14s and the Grape 5s, and these got stuck in pending on SNKRs.

This just isn't fun anymore.

THIS JUST IN... HOLLA.

CED B.
0947F13F-9D15-4E21-8ED6-A3099F67DDD8.jpeg
DD64ABD1-EB23-4379-9099-02342F354D9B.jpeg
095B7E8C-704E-4626-A2E8-C7C61E6F709E.jpeg
6D9F7C4A-E90F-479C-A103-0CD126B5B33B.jpeg

people didn't really want to drop 300 on shoes like that. packs sat in some areas.
You're 100% correct but in the case of the Toro Bravo pack, dudes didn't want the 3m's at all. Don't get me wrong, some liked them but the demand was for the red pair & people didn't want to pay $300 for the pack & be stuck with the other shoe. 3m's were flooded on ebay

You're 100% correct but in the case of the Toro Bravo pack, dudes didn't want the 3m's at all. Don't get me wrong, some liked them but the demand was for the red pair & people didn't want to pay $300 for the pack & be stuck with the other shoe. 3m's were flooded on ebay

Yeah idk where this idea that the original Toro 5 were a bust came from. Sure some areas had packs in stock for awhile but often times they were random sizes like 8, 9.5, 15 but that was because of the price and because the 3M pair was known to crease like crazy

When JB did the countdown packs, a store by my old job had a 3+20 pack in stock in 2-3 sizes. Didn't mean the Black Cement 3s flopped. It was because nobody wanted to pay $350 for a pack with 20s they didn't want when they could pay someone $270 just for the 3s

Yeah idk where this idea that the original Toro 5 were a bust came from. Sure some areas had packs in stock for awhile but often times they were random sizes like 8, 9.5, 15 but that was because of the price and because the 3M pair was known to crease like crazy

When JB did the countdown packs, a store by my old job had a 3+20 pack in stock in 2-3 sizes. Didn't mean the Black Cement 3s flopped. It was because nobody wanted to pay $350 for a pack with 20s they didn't want when they could pay someone $270 just for the 3s

Exactly, the only package I remember flying off the shelves on release day was the 11/12 pack & that was because people wanted both pairs. That's when all the f**kery started

Old pic of the 2009 pair
638C0443-C98A-4A3F-854B-EAAEFFDC719A.jpeg

I worked at footlocker here in Canada while these released. I scooped a pack at retail on the day they dropped for $400 cad. Later in the year they dropped to 199.99 cad and I used my 30% off for the second pack for a whopping $140 cad (100 USD).

These may have sold decent back In 2009 but man our store had them sitting so long that the red suede pairs faded and were full of dust. I ended up parting with a pack for 1300 cad. Crazy these are back. I’ve always loved the red pair, I remember getting the red 5s a few years ago and felt cheated, them bum *** pair were sent back.

scored a pair today off Livestock and another pair from a friend that used his pair at his store for me. All time great shoe. Not sure how the retro stacks up.

today was a hunt. and hell

shady stores. late raffles. pairs sitting behind the counter even though they were “out”.

online.....well we all know how that goes.

footsites are trash. they dont care anymore at all.

one FNL screenshot.

i havent seen ANY manual hits on FTL, Chanps, eastbay, footaction.

even solelinks cosigned that. and they get screenshots all day from people.

my my how releases have changed.

Ya. The sneaker lottery. Snkrs is class A trash
I never hit on SNKRS anymore. I usually don't even bother with it at this point. I was shocked to get them from SNKRS today. Especially after pending for 20 minutes.

I think the only reason I even tried is that all the other apps are such a glitchy *** error code mess that I'm tired of messing with those now lol.

today was a hunt. and hell

shady stores. late raffles. pairs sitting behind the counter even though they were “out”.

online.....well we all know how that goes.

footsites are trash. they dont care anymore at all.

one FNL screenshot.

i havent seen ANY manual hits on FTL, Chanps, eastbay, footaction.

even solelinks cosigned that. and they get screenshots all day from people.

my my how releases have changed.
Yeah, there is definitely some nonsense going on with the footsites. The last time I manually copped was in December. And like you said we have not seen a screen shot of a W form the footsites in months. The only chance to hit on FTL, Champs and FTA is if you win instore raffles which has been damn near impossible since last April. Their bot protection works better against manual users which is another reason you know some nonsense is going on.

The rooster is back!
Just finished up picking up both pairs
I hit the mall first(woodfield)
My goodness mall was packed like a mofo
Had to wait a good 10 min in line just to enter champs
Inside champs was crowded asf
Then I headed downtown to FTL and of course it was pouring like crazy
Champs scanned my QR code but FTL didn’t
Girl said something about the system not scanning or something
She just looked at it lol

The rooster is back!
Just finished up picking up both pairs
I hit the mall first(woodfield)
My goodness mall was packed like a mofo
Had to wait a good 10 min in line just to enter champs
Inside champs was crowded asf
Then I headed downtown to FTL and of course it was pouring like crazy
Champs scanned my QR code but FTL didn’t
Girl said something about the system not scanning or something
She just looked at it lol
I almost always win via one of the raffles and they pretty much never ask me for the QR code around here. Just ask for the name and occasionally my ID. Can't remember last time they even asked me for it.

Back
Top Bottom