Air Jordan 5 2013 "Elephant print" 23rd anniversary

:lol:... my instagram is bigj505 but i my twitter is jnnguyen19. dont know why i didnt try for bigj505 when i was making a twitter... maybe it was already gone :smh:

Nah this guys twitter name was optimusPrime or something like that. Wow that's a trip ! Lol

just wait until these 5 lab 3 pics drop ...jan rd is brewing for those 

what on earth is 5 lab?

if those are elephant print too then LOL

but i think its weird things so i think those disco ball IV's we saw are also 5 Lab

yup laneys were 60 bucks last time

all the jordan 13 lows were on sale back in the summer of 98

times have changed 

just 3 years ago,  i got  the white/infrared retro 6's on  sale at champs for 99 bucks.. they are being retro in 2014 and  i guaranteed they will be an  instant sell out.. resellers have completely changed the  shoe  game.

White varsity reds and resellers have always been there. It's jb manipulating the hype machine.

I ask myself two questions when buying kicks:

1. Are these for casual or for hoops?

2. If for casual, can I wear them with out looking like a fool?

At age 28, I just can't pull these off and be taken serious.

Congrats to everybody who wanted these and got them!

If you think it's tough at 28, wait until you hit 40 :rofl:

White varsity reds and resellers have always been there. It's jb manipulating the hype machine.
reselles may have always been there, but now a days 50-75% of the people who actually buy the shoes are only buying them to resell, because its an easy flip.. 5 years ago, you couldnt buy a pair of white varsity reds and flip them, because I could go to the store and buy them.  But now resellers make up a larger portion of people buying the shoes.. making it harder for the normal consumer to purchase.. you can call it hype or whatever you want...  but if people stopped paying reseller prices after a few big releases resellers get burned on they will  quit and things will normalize.. 

Sad to say I'm considering switching to Lebrons tired of TLO and bots ruining the releases
Hmm, are you being serious with Crown Jewels, Gold Medals, Jades Special Pack, Corks, Denims, Mints and Hazelnuts?

Jordan and Nikes other lines are not immune to the sneaker reselling hysteria.

Last edited:
Sad to say I'm considering switching to Lebrons tired of TLO and bots ruining the releases

Limited Lebrons are the same way, unless you're talking about general release.

they're Jordans!  whats not to get?

Yep

If you think it's tough at 28, wait until you hit 40 :rofl:

:nerd:

just wait until these 5 lab 3 pics drop ...jan rd is brewing for those 

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a good thing :lol:

I ask myself two questions when buying kicks:

1. Are these for casual or for hoops?

2. If for casual, can I wear them with out looking like a fool?

At age 28, I just can't pull these off and be taken serious.

Congrats to everybody who wanted these and got them!

Yeah, I'm sort of like this

I'd add

3. Would I wear them

4. Do I really want them, or is it because of hype

5. Are they ME...which is probably the most important one

Anybody notice the paper possibly telling the future releases of this "element pack"

I hit on that a few pages back. But, you definitely can't wear anything outrageous with these. Simple blue or black jeans and a simple tee or thermal and you are good

why not just use a debit or credit card?
Tried that after the fact but ended up getting cart jacked. Got hit with the splash screen after entering my info. Honestly didnt think it would be a problem because I used PayPal with them all the time to buy stuff for my kids. Think it was because my billing phone number was out of date, but it has been out of date for over 5 years and I never had a problem before. 

You said the price isn't justifiable and that was your opinion. I don't find that price justifiable for the foams either no matter what they go for now. This coming from a guy that only paid $260 for those foams online weeks after release. I still got them and wouldn't dare pay $485 for them today. I'm sure someone will eventually tho.
So that it..? Thats why my price isn't justified.. Because you wouldn't pay it?
This is terrible logic.

Bottom line is my sneakers are priced accordingly.. 
You just said someone will eventually pay my asking price..
Well.. Wouldn't that justify the asking price then?

JB on the other hand jacked the price up just because they can..
It's no coincidence that after the hyped up charity release.. In which they donate all proifts..
JB comes back with these at a higher price point.. 
AND THEY PRODUCED MORE PAIRS OF THESE.

They are capitalizing of the hype. Complete money grab.
Its so funny cause those foams literally sat at HOH for like months literally at least 6 months.... I should have bought them up... live and you learn... also the game has changed a lot...
I know right.. They sat for a while..

Probably like 2 months where I'm at..

I was waiting for them to get a markdown similar to coughdrops..

But it never happened..
i saw these today and i have been buying jordans since 1989

i have to say this is the ugliest marquee numbered jordan shoe from 1 to 14 i have ever seen

this crap belongs on the fusion af 1/jordan 5's
not a stand alone 5

i like the flip 3's very much but their should not be a flip 5's or any of this lab nonsense
laugh.gif

I saw someone wearing these earlier with a elephant print hat, elephant print jacket, light blue True Religions, and these 3Labs. they looked with that outfit.

I also hate how these look in person but have to admit, quality wise they were A++. if only the side mesh was elephant print though. Oddly enough, the tongue has actual mesh

reselles may have always been there, but now a days 50-75% of the people who actually buy the shoes are only buying them to resell, because its an easy flip.. 5 years ago, you couldnt buy a pair of white varsity reds and flip them, because I could go to the store and buy them.  But now resellers make up a larger portion of people buying the shoes.. making it harder for the normal consumer to purchase.. you can call it hype or whatever you want...  but if people stopped paying reseller prices after a few big releases resellers get burned on they will  quit and things will normalize.. 

Not gonna go there with you especially when your percentages are so well manufactured.

At the end of the day, quantity kills resell value a large percentage of the time. Look at how the toro 4s resell vs these vs the fear pack.

Put enough pairs out there, which they did with both the white and black varsity red vis and you kill reseller totals and the resell price. History will prove me right 100% of the time.

SMH... Woke up at 4:50am and copped 3 pairs in 45 minutes.
Must be nice....literally like 15 min after I got there another dude walked up then about hour after that people just started comin. There wasnt as many people there as I thought bc usually theres a few hundred people in all the lines at releases so idk if they drove by and seen  too many people and knew they were limited, the 225 price, or the fact that every store said they werent getting them for sure and then friday the couple stores that got them told people and they just didnt know so luckily I kept callin and botherin them. Congrats to all that copped. Quality is very good but on both pair I got there is 1 small spot on each one that has like a small small smudge where the elephant print is....kinda like it started to peel up or idk what it is but it can only be noticed if there are literally like 6 inches from your face.

Not gonna go there with you especially when your percentages are so well manufactured.

At the end of the day, quantity kills resell value a large percentage of the time. Look at how the toro 4s resell vs these vs the fear pack.

Put enough pairs out there, which they did with both the white and black varsity red vis and you kill reseller totals and the resell price. History will prove me right 100% of the time.
100% accurate. The only shoe I could dispute this with are the Bred XI's because they were being flipped for $300 originally but after the restocks, that quickly went away. But this man speaks the absolute truth. If there are enough to supply EVERYONE, the demand wouldn't be nearly as high and resellers would be screwed. However, with no demand, the Jordan Brand name would tarnish. They're doing it right from a business standpoint.

A lot of love & hate for this shoe but I like it for it's uniqueness & how it's diff from all the other 5s, then I'm sucker for nice boxes; glad I copped & def will rock

Back
Top Bottom