Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

this site has some of the best gifs ive seen.

The paint on my grapes was painted onto my leather. Well played Nike.

I don't understand the disdain for people who either want to wear these immediately or keep them for later. Its everyone's entitlement for when they want to wear them since its their personal property. Let people wear when they want to wear, stop focusing on their choice, focus on your own style and choice.

I respect both sides, I'm feeling both sides myself. I'm on the fence myself, I want to wear them right away with my warmup Hornets jacket on days and evenings its not too hot while its still spring. Then again, I want to wear them later when everyone plays theirs out. Later for me is logical because jackets are more favorable in fall and winter. There's also already a saturation of played out with stupidity and lameness with these sneaks.

I'm feeling the people who don't want to wear theirs now because you'll see someone wear these sneaks in virtually every mall you step into since these are recent. And most people wearing them now are so plain, no style or substance to go with their Grape sneaks. I respect people not wanting to fit in with the rest.

If you're going to wear now, at least put effort into some style instead of looking like everyone else with the same old white tees, Grape V associated polo or button up colorway shirts, or JB Grape V based attire.

so you plan on looking like everyone else with grapes
I don't necessarily call it planning on looking like everyone else. Many people have theirs and will wear what they want with them, I'll just wear what I want with mine. I don't believe I was saying I was trying to be different, I was simply stating it was my way of keeping mine lasting longer based on the amount of my wears.

Speaking of looking like everyone else, you fit right into that mold by taking the nickname of a fringe player for your screen name, even using his photo for your avatar. Haven't you ever heard of having your own identity? If you're going to jock a player, at least make sure he's a superstar or has name recognition to the point where everyone's mom even knows who he is.

Since these sneaks were released almost 2 weeks ago, has anyone seen a reseller get $300 or $400 like they were ignorantly fantasizing about? I didn't think so.

Its great to see the people on this site who worked smart get theirs at retail like it should be instead of camping out, working hard, but not smart or overpaying a reseller.

I don't necessarily call it planning on looking like everyone else. Many people have theirs and will wear what they want with them, I'll just wear what I want with mine. I don't believe I was saying I was trying to be different, I was simply stating it was my way of keeping mine lasting longer based on the amount of my wears.

Speaking of looking like everyone else, you fit right into that mold by taking the nickname of a fringe player for your screen name, even using his photo for your avatar. Haven't you ever heard of having your own identity? If you're going to jock a player, at least make sure he's a superstar or has name recognition to the point where everyone's mom even knows who he is.
i was just joking around but seeing how mad you are from a comment on the internet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i was just joking around but seeing how mad you are from a comment on the internet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Alright then, no problem. But I do take pride in having my own style, not being a follower like most. Not saying you though since I don't know you like that since you're only on a computer screen.

Alright then, no problem. But I do take pride in having my own style, not being a follower like most. Not saying you though since I don't know you like that since you're only on a computer screen.
the hornets apparel + grapes is just way too played out imo, but that's just me. if you like it or someone else, go ahead and wear it.

Although we've been blessed with idiocy on these Grape V forums, at least its good to see peeps still focusing on these sneaks at hand even after the release.

Perhaps its a legitimate blessing since I haven't seen that clown who tried to refute, dispute, contradict or my views and opinions on malls in or around the L.A. area almost 2 weeks ago in that other now shut down Grape V forum. I'm sure some of y'all recall that fool who thought he had his "mall game" intact in a shoe based forum.

But at least we're active on here, keeping it moving about these sneaks.

the hornets apparel + grapes is just way too played out imo, but that's just me. if you like it or someone else, go ahead and wear it.
Its funny you mention Hornets apparel + Grape V = played out. Around my radius and side of town, I don't see Hornets gear with Grape V at all. I hardly even see peeps wearing Hornets snapbacks worn with Grape V. But I'm sure its more logical in North Carolina and around the South.

So far I've just seen the played out, unoriginal, too easy accessible JB Grape based attire with Grape V on peeps. Also the played out matching Grape colorway button up shirts. I've also noticed people with either snapback or fitted hats of other NBA team logos with the Grape V based colorway, that's played out and unoriginal since Grape V was supposedly based on Hornets motif. 

But I don't mind keeping a Mitchell & Ness article alive on me since no one wears jerseys anymore, its back to that cult following status regarding jerseys in this era. I've been wearing jerseys before they became the "in" thing early last decade. I'm a huge sports fan like that. I like how authentic jerseys or authentic gear stands out. I liked that jacket because its not found commonly in land based stores or malls.

Some of these discussions are hilarious. I'll be wearing mine with a black or white tee and a hat not associated with the hornets or the colors of the shoe, I take pleasure in mis-matching.

Some of these discussions are hilarious. I'll be wearing mine with a black or white tee and a hat not associated with the hornets or the colors of the shoe, I take pleasure in mis-matching.
Be a "Real American" like Hulk Hogan's ring entrance theme when he was in his WWE prime and relevancy said. Be you, you have a choice. Remember, a part of the chorus did say "fight for your rights".

is it just me or i only see girls flexin their grapes anyways? or dudes with purple cars and aqua shorts. I'll sell em for 250 and grab me a pair of Lebron PS Elites instead

Last edited:
Since these sneaks were released almost 2 weeks ago, has anyone seen a reseller get $300 or $400 like they were ignorantly fantasizing about? I didn't think so.

Its great to see the people on this site who worked smart get theirs at retail like it should be instead of camping out, working hard, but not smart or overpaying a reseller.

The guys who preordered them should feel like idiots. I told them it wont go for more than 250 shipped. I am seeing a lot of 220 shipped closing on eBay too. If i cant grab em on a restock then I will buy them on ebay.

These were a very tough general release to obtain. Got my size 11.5 though. $200

nah it was fairly easy online (NDC and Eastbay) manage to put a size 10.5 on my cart on both sites within the first 5 minutes of them going up but decided to pass|I  alot of people were getting their sizes even close to an hour of them going up, technique is keep clicking the add to cart tab

Hmm really? And thanks for the technique tip :smokin

mean.gif
 you put them on, if you use the term CORRECTLY as many people don't these days, they aren't ds....
so the shoes you buy at foot locker aren't DS as well if the employee tried them on.  see how stupid that sounds?

Even if someone tries on the shoes, trying them on, they are STILL BRAND NEW.

Last edited:
Yes trying them on they are still brand new but they are no longer DS. It doesn't matter how stupid it sounds to you thats the way it is.

So with all this BS about these being an easy cop. Thought I'd share this tale

On RD I was 14th inline at my local FNL, dude came around with the clip board and tickets for the shoes he had in stock. I wear a 10.5 and was not able to get my size so I took the 11.5 ticket. DBoy comes walking down the stairs and starts asking us what size tickets we had, conveniently enough I had the size he needed. He asked me how much I wanted for the ticket ( he did not know these were not my size ). Not thinking he would go for it, I told him $200. Seconds later he hands me 8 20's and 50. Keep in mind he still had to wait for the gates to be unlocked to go in and drop another 160 on this shoe. End result he dropped 370 on these grapes, I went home with 210 in my pocket gladly because I knew these would restock many times.

Back
Top Bottom