Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone heard or seen a pic of what these 5's he's talking about are? I'm guessin if they're doing "Premium" releases that the Laney 5's and their tumbled leather will fall into that and be $185, along with whatever men's 5's are listed in that tweet. Colors don't sound familiar to anything I have heard or seen.

$185 for Laney's?

:smh:

Last edited:

Has anyone heard or seen a pic of what these 5's he's talking about are? I'm guessin if they're doing "Premium" releases that the Laney 5's and their tumbled leather will fall into that and be $185, along with whatever men's 5's are listed in that tweet. Colors don't sound familiar to anything I have heard or seen.

I Heard That They Are Dropping A "Bel Air" Pair Of V's This Holiday Season, & That Laney's Will Be 170 Due Too A Retro Price Hike This Holiday Season

I Heard That They Are Dropping A "Bel Air" Pair Of V's This Holiday Season, & That Laney's Will Be 170 Due Too A Retro Price Hike This Holiday Season

Ahhhh I have seen some custom pairs that have the colors listed above, plus more. I think you are right that its a "Bel Air" pair. Thank god they won't be as ridiculous as the customs based off of Will's reversed blazer lol.

Sorry for going off topic. Back to the REAL grape 5's. I can't imagine what this release will be like after seeing the XIII release in person yesterday. Get ready now

Grape release was nuts last time around in NY. Went to Roosevelt Feild mall line was around the corner. Went to Green Acres Mall Didnt even get out the car, they broke into the employee entrance when we pulled up. Then ended up on Jamaica ave was number 8 in line At Moes then out of nowhere dudes cut the line. Then when the Moes Employees showed up they took all their friends in with them by the time the doors opened they only had sz 7 and 10.5 and up left smh. I ended up trading VNDS Cool Grey 9s for em A month or 2 later. But the thing ppl forget is how bad the quality was on the 06 pairs. The paint Sucked and the Shoes crease like no tomorrow, had a chance to get a VNDS pair last month for 150 and passed just because of those issues. I plan on getting the New pair in hopes that they fixed the paint Problem.

Last edited:
Bel Air 5s would be dope if done right.
Another retro price hike? At least they did it after they retroed all my faves. Only care for 2 VIs next year.
Not going to keep collecting like this with such unreasonable price hikes. I can't wait for the sneaker bubble to burst and they are begging people to pay $140 to achieve similar sales, cuz their current plan is not sustainable. They are pushing away their core market for people who follow trends. Good luck to them with that one.

Last edited:
Ahhhh I have seen some custom pairs that have the colors listed above, plus more. I think you are right that its a "Bel Air" pair. Thank god they won't be as ridiculous as the customs based off of Will's reversed blazer lol.

Sorry for going off topic. Back to the REAL grape 5's. I can't imagine what this release will be like after seeing the XIII release in person yesterday. Get ready now
Damn 
eek.gif

Doesn't seem like itll be as hard as it was in 06, friend picked up a lot of em already. I think he wants ~300. I'll wait till RD.

Last edited:
Back to the REAL grape 5's. I can't imagine what this release will be like after seeing the XIII release in person yesterday. Get ready now

This!

Everyone and their momma (literally) was out for those 13s.

I legit may have to camp for these 5s, unless I get lucky with a connect.

:frown:

Last edited:
So glad I pre-ordered :lol: :lol: :lol: And for just a tad bit over retail too.

I knew that whole "chill out , everybody will be able to get these" talk was just that. Ya'll be in uber denial these days. Well, it usually comes from people who have "friends" and "connections", so of course everything seems widely easy and available. Then put that on living in a major city? HAIL naw. Man I knew the game was done when even them Pink/grey 13s sold out :smh:

Im sorry but if you haven't noticed the amount of pre release pairs that are for sale, you can only expect JB to release A LOT of pairs of grapes on release day.  Im sure they'll make these easier to get by the amount of quantity that they are producing. Just my thought. Early release pairs have been available since December-ish

So glad I pre-ordered :lol: :lol: :lol: And for just a tad bit over retail too.

I knew that whole "chill out , everybody will be able to get these" talk was just that. Ya'll be in uber denial these days. Well, it usually comes from people who have "friends" and "connections", so of course everything seems widely easy and available. Then put that on living in a major city? HAIL naw. Man I knew the game was done when even them Pink/grey 13s sold out :smh:

Foreal.. I don't have the time to camp out and I haven't won a raffle since they started this whole damn thing. I'm salty, but it's all good. I'm pretty content w/ what's in my closet and since most of the people winning those raffles are resellers around here, I will always be able to find older releases DS in the area to cop. I've hit that stage where the copping slows down tremendously and appreciation for what I have kicks in.

Im sorry but if you haven't noticed the amount of pre release pairs that are for sale, you can only expect JB to release A LOT of pairs of grapes on release day.  Im sure they'll make these easier to get by the amount of quantity that they are producing. Just my thought. Early release pairs have been available since December-ish

from where though? PM me if you know where they are for a good price. I've checked on eBay and the prices are stupid even for GS sizes...

its a general release....toddler ps gs versions of this.....so there should be plenty to go around..im doubling up on them 

its a general release....toddler ps gs versions of this.....so there should be plenty to go around..im doubling up on them 

All that is true, except demand will be much more higher than that of normal JB hype.

This is my guess, I could be wrong.

But judging the Black/White 13s release, the Grapes could either be equivalent or worse.

I don't think it'll be any easier.

So glad I pre-ordered
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And for just a tad bit over retail too.

I knew that whole "chill out , everybody will be able to get these" talk was just that. Ya'll be in uber denial these days. Well, it usually comes from people who have "friends" and "connections", so of course everything seems widely easy and available. Then put that on living in a major city? HAIL naw. Man I knew the game was done when even them Pink/grey 13s sold out
mean.gif
Your not lying about them Pink/Grey 13's.   Girls were ready to fight for them lol.  I can see raffles and rsvp for girls and gs sizes coming soon.  smh for gs sizes

It's going to be every man, woman, and child for themselves this release. I will use my second connect this go round for these.

from where though? PM me if you know where they are for a good price. I've checked on eBay and the prices are stupid even for GS sizes...
whats the definition of a good price, everyone that has a sneaker collection and thinks with a budget in mind doesn't have a sneaker collection.  If you want an early release they are always around 300, mostly for anything. Give or take 40 on select pairs.

whats the definition of a good price, everyone that has a sneaker collection and thinks with a budget in mind doesn't have a sneaker collection.  If you want an early release they are always around 300, mostly for anything. Give or take 40 on select pairs.
Truth. Early release price is always more than after-release resell price. And people were THIRSTY for White Cement 4s, but they were a true GR and now resell prices are $220-$230. These may be hard to cop at retail, but there will be so many out there cats will be begging you to take em for $220 after a couple weeks.

Truth. Early release price is always more than after-release resell price. And people were THIRSTY for White Cement 4s, but they were a true GR and now resell prices are $220-$230. These may be hard to cop at retail, but there will be so many out there cats will be begging you to take em for $220 after a couple weeks.
And if you aren't a thirsty head, you know you wont wear a pair that just dropped for a couple months anyway.  It all has to do with the market being flooded once they release.  As we saw with the 88's and Corks, if the quantity is low, then the resell price will stay high, as we are seeing currently, corks around $650-800, and 88's $340-400 .  What I see with the grapes is, lots of quantity, and almost like an bred XI release.  Lots of people got them, lots of people tried reselling, lots didnt get them.  Restock after Restock after Restock.  Markets gonna be saturated.  Believe that. Just don't buy a pair for 300 3 days after they release, when you could have bought them 5 months ago for that price. 

I'm still sticking with the hopes that these will be widely available.. I've seen tons of early pairs floating around and to tell you the truth, the hype of the game has been dying down. I'm gonna try for a pair online & if that doesn't work ill wait around for reseller prices to hit about $250.. Which they eventually will.

Last edited:

yea $300 str8. Its prices over $300 shipped that arent reasonable. i always get shoes early and usually never go over $300 shipped. anyone that has a sneaker collection and is in this alleged sneaker game knows that coppin shoes early your gonna pay more than retail it's part of buying shoes, some people dont agree but oh well that aint me. .money isnt an issue either so PM me if you know something

Last edited:
And if you aren't a thirsty head, you know you wont wear a pair that just dropped for a couple months anyway.  It all has to do with the market being flooded once they release.  As we saw with the 88's and Corks, if the quantity is low, then the resell price will stay high, as we are seeing currently, corks around $650-800, and 88's $340-400 .  What I see with the grapes is, lots of quantity, and almost like an bred XI release.  Lots of people got them, lots of people tried reselling, lots didnt get them.  Restock after Restock after Restock.  Markets gonna be saturated.  Believe that. Just don't buy a pair for 300 3 days after they release, when you could have bought them 5 months ago for that price. 

exactly why pay more after the fact thats dumb id rather pay more before they release in a way its kinda exclusive cuz you can rock them early and once RD hits i put them away for months cuz its like i been there done that had them jonts already nothing new to me on to the next early release. I had my he got hames a few weeks before RD and broke necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom