Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people get shoes because they like them. Not because it makes them feel special.

Crazy concept, huh???

I dont get all of this "disappointed because they are easy to cop" talk. That irritates the hell out of me. I went from hoping to get 1 pair to now thinking two is within reach. I prefer that feeling over "the thrill of not being able to cop" feeling.

haven't most all 5s restocked tho? Olympics and wolf greys I swore restocked

They restocked because nobody bought them, on the flip side Grapes done in normal GR numbers would have sold out, but by making them in holiday numbers, kind of lowers the sentimental value...

I can never understand this mentality...I just get shoes cuz I like em, not to break necks or anything. Breaking necks or wateva never added any extra blessing or fortune in my life..its just shoes. But by no means I aint trying to clown you, i respect how you feel bout em & def aint trying to change your mind bout how you cop your kicks...I just dont see the big deal in " Bet you don't got these..." *shrug*

I personally think wolf grey is one of the nicer 5s

wolf greys were one of my regretable purchase of last year. I wore them twice and have no desire to rock them anymore. Just collecting dust and probably turning yellow as i type this.

It's a difference between widespread and over doing it, I can't speak for everyone but I like the thrill of possibly not being able to cop, or breaking necks in the streets, or putting them up for a few years and bringing them out to shock a few people cause they can't cop or find them anymore.. When they do stuff like this and the bred 11's, it kind of makes them feel like all white forces, nothing special...

What do you mean over doing it? The purpose is so that people who want the shoe have a great chance to get them, not so that the little people that do get them "feel special" :lol:

Bruh despite what the internet will lead you to believe, most people do in fact get shoes because they like them. People out here loosing they life because of the absurdly limited amount of shoes they're putting out and you want them to be concerned with making you hypebeast feel special???? FOH

And speak for yourself, the feeling of knowing that I may not be able to get a pair of shoes that I want isn't thrilling at all..

Last edited:
random question, what's the difference between black /silver 5s and metallics? anything besides the 23?

Look, I understand some of you like to have the shoe on that everybody else tried to get but couldn't. When I was a young'n (I'm 21 :lol: ) starting out I was the same way.

But it really should be about the shoe and whether or not you like them or not. Get em' because you like em, not because others don't have them. If its really that serious for you, then Jordans aren't the shoe for you. 160 bucks? You think you exclusive because you have a pair of 150, 200 dollar kicks on that others couldn't get/don't have? Really? These aren't the shoes nor the company for you if that's your priority. Like I said, go buy some LV, Gucci or something, if you really are concerned about having kicks on that no one else has.

Look, I understand some of you like to have the shoe on that everybody else tried to get but couldn't. When I was a young'n (I'm 21 :lol: ) starting out I was the same way.

But it really should be about the shoe and whether or not you like them or not. Get em' because you like em, not because others don't have them. If its really that serious for you, then Jordans aren't the shoe for you. 160 bucks? You think you exclusive because you have a pair of 150, 200 dollar kicks on that others couldn't get/don't have? Really? These aren't the shoes nor the company for you if that's your priority. Like I said, go buy some LV, Gucci or something, if you really are concerned about having kicks on that no one else has.

Yall are missing the whole point, not everyone buys Jordans to wear, some people buy them to collect them also... to me a true sneakerhead is an informative collector, every shoe they have they should be able to tell you the story of it, or be excited about a shoe or feature of the shoe... Lol, I don't know, maybe its time for me to retire, after 13 years....

Can't believe that there are people who are actually dissapointed that this release is widespread
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

They are doing the right thing and hopefully this means that more releases in the future will have this widespread availability. If you're concerned that everyone will have the pair of shoes you are, then Jordans aren't for you. Go get your dough up and by some LV, or gucci kicks or something. Surely most people won't have those on
eyes.gif

You buy shoes because you like them, not because you think you'll be the only one wearing him. That's not how the game is supposed to go. That's part of why the game is the way it is. Just buy what you like, and hopefully JB will start to make enough so that everyone can do this.

Reserved mine today. Picking em' up on Saturday.
this. i hate it when people say they like a shoe but won't get it because everyone else has it 
mean.gif
 buy what you like don't buy something just to be "different"

It's a difference between widespread and over doing it, I can't speak for everyone but I like the thrill of possibly not being able to cop, or breaking necks in the streets, or putting them up for a few years and bringing them out to shock a few people cause they can't cop or find them anymore.. When they do stuff like this and the bred 11's, it kind of makes them feel like all white forces, nothing special...

IMO I feel like its not so much about the kicks but more about the fit, it's easy to throw some heat on your feet but it takes a sense of style to kill an outfit

Maybe I'm saying it wrong, this may help... To me they are making a somewhat legendary shoe, into normal irrelevant shoe... To me grapes were on the same level as Columbia 11's, they are making them into the bugs bunny 8's or Raptor 7's.... I think they could have done a normal GR or even limited like Olive 9's..... And still kept that legendary tag on them..

I'm lmao at the people sad that this shoe will have alot of pairs available. Those that are disappointed must not be old enough to remember when you could go into a store a week after a shoe dropped and walk right out with your size no problem...

Last edited:
Maybe I'm saying it wrong, this may help... To me they are making a somewhat legendary shoe, into normal irrelevant shoe... To me grapes were on the same level as Columbia 11's, they are making them into the bugs bunny 8's or Raptor 7's.... I think they could have done a normal GR or even limited like Olive 9's..... And still kept that legendary tag on them..

What you aren't getting is that just because a shoe is widespread, doesn't make it any less great.

The shoe is legendary because of the design, color combo, etc. that doesn't change.

Think of it like this. Just because Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc. come along that doesn't make Mike any less legendary. The quantity of something does nothing with regard to taking away the luster of the shoe. If the Grapes were hot and dope in 06, how in the hell are they not hot in 2013? Because Kobe comes along, what Jordan did is null and void? See how bad this logic is?

I'm lmao at the people sad that this shoe will have alot of pairs available. Those that are disappointed must not be old enough to remember when you could go into a store a week after a shoe dropped a walk right out with your size no problem...

If social media was around back then, word would have gotten around much quicker and those thangs would have sold out just like they do now tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom