Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your justification behind this statement? I really want these, but I don't want THOSE. I understand you weren't talking to me, but it's pretty universal. As it looks everyone who is passing, including myself, is all about quality. These look like crap, period.

Its still a little early to get worked up about quality IMO.
These will most likely have the same quality as the FR's.
remember the pair in those pics are of an early release pair.

To my understanding they are of the same quality of the fire red 5's which i have and im happy with. The 5's are one of my favorite shoes ever so regardless of what anyone says, i will be trying to get em.
So in other words, you were a little biased to begin with...Kinda sad that you're too blinded by your love of the sneaker to realize what garbage you're actually purchasing. But hey, that's why JB is still in business. Gotta cut corners somewhere.

Last edited:
I hope there's enough to go around so everybody that want's them can get them. including me 
happy.gif

man I said it in here earlier but everyone going in on the "quality" honestly needs to have a seat. This is a tennis shoe most of your will be wearing to bar-b-ques, parks, school, parties during the day, or to run errands in. You don't need supreme "quality" to do all of those things. I don't know when it happened but people seemed to forget that Jordans are nothing more than ATHLETIC SNEAKERS!!! If you not a ball player don't come in talkin' on your high horse about what you ain't coppin and quality. You need supreme top notch leather to sit in a class you probably NOT paying attention in?? Or to sit behind a desk at a computer? Really? I mean just listen to some of yourselves. And I'm not talking to the people who speak on the quality, and then leave it alone. But if you going up behind nitpicking everybody who says they don't mind and will still be copping then sir/ma'am you need to what? CHILL. To be quite frank, we don't care :lol: :lol: You got '06 pairs or OGs dammitt man, good for you. If they released in my size, I'd be in the same boat. Honestly. But I've seen garbage tennis shoes, I teach for a living. I got kids who get shoes and then holes are in them a few months later. THAT'S garbage quality. The stitching starts coming off after a few good times in the gym. THAT'S garbage quality. Move around if you don't know what it really feels and looks like to be in shoes that are made of "garbage" quality .

At the end of the day it's not about the quality so much, but just the overall style and appearance of the shoe. Crying in every post about the days of yesteryear aren't going to bring them back. /endrant

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.

Last edited:
man I said it in here earlier but everyone going in on the "quality" honestly needs to have a seat. This is a tennis shoe most of your will be wearing to bar-b-ques, parks, school, parties during the day, or to run errands in. You don't need supreme "quality" to do all of those things. I don't when it happened but people seemed to forgot along the lines that Jordans are nothing more than ATHLETIC SNEAKERS!!! If you not a ball player don't come in talkin' on your high horse about what you ain't coppin and quality. You need supreme top notch leather to sit in a class you probably NOT paying attention in?? Or to sit behind a desk at a computer? Really? I mean just listen to some of yourselves. And I'm not talking to the people who speak on the quality, and then leave it along. But if you going up behind nitpicking everybody who says they don't mind and will still be copping then your sit/ma'am need to what? CHILL. To be quite frank, we don't care
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You got '06 pairs or OGs dammitt man, good for you. If they released in my size, I'd be in the same boat. Honestly. But I've seen garbage tennis shoes, I teach for a living. I got kids who get shoes and then holes are in them a few months later. THAT'S garbage quality. The quality starts coming off after a few good times in the gym. THAT'S garbage quality. Move around if you don't know what it really feels in looks like to be in shoes that are made of good sound material.

At the end of the day it's not about the quality so much, but just the overall style and appearance of the shoe. Crying in every post about the days of yesteryear aren't going to bring them back. /endrant

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.
Truth.

man I said it in here earlier but everyone going in on the "quality" honestly needs to have a seat. This is a tennis shoe most of your will be wearing to bar-b-ques, parks, school, parties during the day, or to run errands in. You don't need supreme "quality" to do all of those things. I don't when it happened but people seemed to forgot along the lines that Jordans are nothing more than ATHLETIC SNEAKERS!!! If you not a ball player don't come in talkin' on your high horse about what you ain't coppin and quality. You need supreme top notch leather to sit in a class you probably NOT paying attention in?? Or to sit behind a desk at a computer? Really? I mean just listen to some of yourselves. And I'm not talking to the people who speak on the quality, and then leave it along. But if you going up behind nitpicking everybody who says they don't mind and will still be copping then your sit/ma'am need to what? CHILL. To be quite frank, we don't care :lol: :lol: You got '06 pairs or OGs dammitt man, good for you. If they released in my size, I'd be in the same boat. Honestly. But I've seen garbage tennis shoes, I teach for a living. I got kids who get shoes and then holes are in them a few months later. THAT'S garbage quality. The quality starts coming off after a few good times in the gym. THAT'S garbage quality. Move around if you don't know what it really feels in looks like to be in shoes that are made of good sound material.

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.

Truth.

Charging premium price for a shoe that delivers subpar materials, is not OK regardless where you wear the shoe. This is a shoe forum where opinions are expressed, take em' or leave em'. I'd rather have buttery leather that conforms to the bends of my foot (crease) over this dog bone rawhide stuff.

Charging premium price for a shoe that delivers subpar materials, is not OK regardless where you wear the shoe. This is a shoe forum where opinions are expressed, take em' or leave em'. I'd rather have buttery leather that conforms to the bends of my foot (crease) over this dog bone rawhide stuff.
Shop with Ferragamo or Balenciaga then.

Last edited:
The reason these are so cheaply made is that MJ doesn't have to play in them anymore. When he originally tried on the jordan 1, it was as stiff as the Chicago's from this year. He told them to put on some of the best leathers so it will move with his foot. From then on they used better materials. Since all he did was lace up a random pair, he didn't have any special treatment until he hurt his foot/ankle. Then they put a strap on the 1s for him. Either way, now that he doesn't play in these shoes he uses sigs (with have great quality) he doesn't feel obligated to spend money on the better materials.

were you studying for biochemistry?
lmfao nah not my pics a friend of mine has them....he said if u got the 5's in jan....they are exactly the same in terms of the leather and quality...he said the eyelets are gonna yellow fast like the other fives too....

i passed on the other 5's but im getting these for sure...and try to find a reasonably priced 2006 version too 

man the *****ing on quality will never stop will it . Even the nicer quality J's that are released arent even worth the pricetag and never will be . 

Like said above , you want nice quality go buy balenciagas or something . 

Please don't take this the wrong way, but any grown *** man who shed's a tear for a pair of $160.00 sneakers doing what they're supposed to do (conforming to the contours of your foot for a proper fit), needs to seriously re-evaluate the priorities in his life.  Im just saying.  It really CAN'T be that SERIOUS. 

non taken, im not complaining nor have shed any tears btw. Just making a clear observation..

I don't know about you guys but I care about quality more so for the feel than the affects on it has on the overall look. My last pair of 5s (Metallics) remind me wayyyy too much of my timberland boots. So, yes, I'm very weary to purchase another pair seeing as though I like to walk around campus among other places and not feel like my feet are gonna start blistering any minute lol. Luckily, not many other retros have been that bad.

man I said it in here earlier but everyone going in on the "quality" honestly needs to have a seat. This is a tennis shoe most of your will be wearing to bar-b-ques, parks, school, parties during the day, or to run errands in. You don't need supreme "quality" to do all of those things. I don't know when it happened but people seemed to forget that Jordans are nothing more than ATHLETIC SNEAKERS!!! If you not a ball player don't come in talkin' on your high horse about what you ain't coppin and quality. You need supreme top notch leather to sit in a class you probably NOT paying attention in?? Or to sit behind a desk at a computer? Really? I mean just listen to some of yourselves. And I'm not talking to the people who speak on the quality, and then leave it alone. But if you going up behind nitpicking everybody who says they don't mind and will still be copping then sir/ma'am you need to what? CHILL. To be quite frank, we don't care :lol: :lol: You got '06 pairs or OGs dammitt man, good for you. If they released in my size, I'd be in the same boat. Honestly. But I've seen garbage tennis shoes, I teach for a living. I got kids who get shoes and then holes are in them a few months later. THAT'S garbage quality. The stitching starts coming off after a few good times in the gym. THAT'S garbage quality. Move around if you don't know what it really feels and looks like to be in shoes that are made of "garbage" quality .

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.

Tell them again

I get your point, guess I was expecting the Grapes to be treated a little differently. My bad for expecting 165.00 (20.00 increase) to buy you a lesser version of the 06 retro. Have fun with these at your BBQs.

I get your point, guess I was expecting the Grapes to be treated a little differently. My bad for expecting 165.00 (20.00 increase) to buy you a lesser version of the 06 retro. Have fun with these at your BBQs.

Basically. Pay premium price to get subpar materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom