Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point, guess I was expecting the Grapes to be treated a little differently. My bad for expecting 165.00 (20.00 increase) to buy you a lesser version of the 06 retro. Have fun with these at your BBQs.

your expecting too much from Nike/JB

sorry bruh, thats why i dont expect anything different. We pay a slightly high price for trash. its not gonna change.

The price is for the branding and inflation not the quality and materials. I mean 160 dollar shoes cost what 10-20 dollars to make? 

For those that got their pairs in early, how would you say the shoes fit? True to size? Thanks.

Man, back when I used to drool over looking at '06 pairs, I NEVER thought I'd be skipping on these when they released again.. :smh:

I can't pull myself to do it.. not for 165 and the quality.

Charging premium price for a shoe that delivers subpar materials, is not OK regardless where you wear the shoe. This is a shoe forum where opinions are expressed, take em' or leave em'. I'd rather have buttery leather that conforms to the bends of my foot (crease) over this dog bone rawhide stuff.

$160 is a premium price ? last i checked nike and jordan brand have several sneakers retailing at $200+

Charging premium price for a shoe that delivers subpar materials, is not OK regardless where you wear the shoe. This is a shoe forum where opinions are expressed, take em' or leave em'. I'd rather have buttery leather that conforms to the bends of my foot (crease) over this dog bone rawhide stuff.

$160 is a premium price ? last i checked nike and jordan brand have several sneakers retailing at $200+

They do, but does that belittle $165?

No, $165 is a high price for a pair of shoes. Reebok charges a lot less and make shoes with better quality, same with Adidas. $160 used to be a premium price in everybody's eyes, but once something drops that costs more like the XX8 that is a good quality shoe, that's the new premium? Nah.

If there weren't a bunch of people after the same thing, these probably wouldn't sell. But jb has the hype on its side so they sell out regardless of quality. Either way, I've passed on a lot of things due to quality, this is just another pass for me.

Last edited:
I really want these can't miss out. I have never preordered shoes and this might be my one and only time. Is there a thread that describes how to pre-order, or has the legit sites for pre-order like airknight. PM if necessary, any help/advice would really be appreciated.

I really want these can't miss out. I have never preordered shoes and this might be my one and only time. Is there a thread that describes how to pre-order, or has the legit sites for pre-order like airknight. PM if necessary, any help/advice would really be appreciated.

if you need help to pre-order then you are new in general & should hold out for an official release pair or you'll be sorry when you learn what you spent your impatient money on

Last edited:
On the brightside, now is a pretty good time to pick up DS or NDS 06 Grapes for 240-280. Not great prices but I'm willing to bet that's around the resell value of these come release weekend. Might as well pay a premium on more premium quality. 

On the brightside, now is a pretty good time to pick up DS or NDS 06 Grapes for 240-280. Not great prices but I'm willing to bet that's around the resell value of these come release weekend. Might as well pay a premium on more premium quality. 
how much better are the 06 grapes? How can we even tell yet? Pictures are deceiving. Have you held the 2013's? What are some of the differences?

More premium quality? 
roll.gif

if u shop with finishline enuff u should have a 20$ rewards ....i use my rewards on all my jb purchases ...and like what was said previous in this thread the price hike is for inflation nothing to do with the materials....if the materials were upgraded this would be a 250$+ shoe

how much better are the 06 grapes? How can we even tell yet? Pictures are deceiving. Have you held the 2013's? What are some of the differences?

I remember watching a video comparing the two ('06 vs '13) and the only differences were the color shades(I think).

Quality was the exact same, maybe the 2006 leather was a tad softer.

Might have been TCC's comparison video now that I think of it.

I remember watching a video comparing the two ('06 vs '13) and the only differences were the color shades(I think).

so yeah might as well pay retail for a brand new pair in may

TCC makes a profit by selling shoes on his site. Do you think he's being REAL when doing a review...I mean sales pitch.

06's aren't worth buying now (at a jacked up price) just for the upper material cause it too has stiff pleather

if you can't stand the blue tint, that's a different story

There is NO major differences between the '06 pair and the 2013 pair. The leather quality is about the same with the '06 being a slightly softer.  And I mean very slight.   The 2013 grapes are the exact same quality of the Fire Red V's that recently released.  I have them both and comparison wise they are great.  I had to go a size down to an 8 instead of an 8.5.  However, its always been this way for me in relation to the V's.  If you liked the Fire Reds you will like these.  

There is NO major differences between the '06 pair and the 2013 pair. The leather quality is about the same with the '06 being a slightly softer.  And I mean very slight.   The 2013 grapes are the exact same quality of the Fire Red V's that recently released.  I have them both and comparison wise they are great.  I had to go a size down to an 8 instead of an 8.5.  However, its always been this way for me in relation to the V's.  If you liked the Fire Reds you will like these.  

This doesn't make sense, because there's a difference in the 06 releases and this years. If they're like the fire reds, then they aren't like the 06's, period.

This doesn't make sense, because there's a difference in the 06 releases and this years. If they're like the fire reds, then they aren't like the 06's, period.
Both are trash quality with one being slightly worse trash quality. I'm still buying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom