Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

OMG just went by Primitive in Encino CA and there are 8-10 people camped out in front of the store tonight. Is there something more valuable coming out Friday Morning. WTF. Are people really waiting for this shoe on the street for 2 effing days???

OMG just went by Primitive in Encino CA and there are 8-10 people camped out in front of the store tonight. Is there something more valuable coming out Friday Morning. WTF. Are people really waiting for this shoe on the street for 2 effing days???
Megatron box set, perhaps?

The lack of hype on these reminds me of the fire red 3s earlier this year, which I love. Fine with me. Adult CW for us grown folks. Definite cop.

I'm trying to get my hands on these fire red 3's, I finally had a good amount of money saved up to be responsible with my bills and buy shoes about a month or less ago so I missed out on a few shoes like those fire red 3's. I bought the fire red black tongue 5's for $205 and for being stupid I bought into the hype and paid $240 to get these Oreo 5's thinking everyone was going to be all over them and putting in 8 raffle tickets wouldn't mean anything. Now I know I should have waited and paid retail.

Seems like nobody cares for these all that much.

I hope it stays that way so next time I don't believe the hype over black and white colorway shoes are real and don't go out of my way to assure a pair for $240 just to get them three days early. The way everyone is talking, could have put in 8 raffle tickets and probably won at least one, and saved myself money paying retail. I hope people sleep on the Taxi's and Black Cat 4's if they come out.

Megatron box set, perhaps?
Could be... I don't know how rare that is going to be and kind of  forgot it didn't release already. It is serious because usually there are just ghost chairs on a cold night but the people are there to stay for the next 2 days. Because if they are waiting for this they need to get their head examined.

Last edited:

Well, I went to the mall today to ask about the Oreo 5's.  All 3 stores said they would be getting them on Friday, but they said they already gave away all their raffle tickets and expect a full sellout early Friday morning.

Bad news: I will have to resort to online for these versus a bunch of bots

Good news: All 3 stores at the mall got them, and they rarely if ever get limited releases.
You will not need a bot. In my opinion you will have at least a 30 minute window to cop from any various Friday morning (non backpack) retailor for your shoes.

You will not need a bot. In my opinion you will have at least a 30 minute window to cop from any various Friday morning (non backpack) retailor for your shoes.

My personal opinion and original plan if I didn't win a raffle ticket was, make an account on nike.com, footlocker.com, finishline.com, champssports.com, etcetera make sure you save your personal shipping and billing info and sign in about 10min before 8am ET on all of those pages and you should be good on one of them lol.

so are these limited? GR?

i think i might go for these, wasnt planning on it but they look damn good now in pics

Oreo's will be plentiful.   too many 5's this year.  I don't think a lot of ppl are feeling these.   JB should of came up with a better black friday release.  the last three were on point (Flint 13, BC 3, BC 4) .    another black metallic 5 would of been nice since they are keeping it with the 5 theme. 

The HoH at the Beverly Center didn't give out tickets right? I just wanna be sure because they didn't give me one :nerd:

worst black friday release...

was really looking forward to getting these..

cant wait for all the ugly colorways of the VI next year..

so disappointed there was not ONE pair of V's worth copping this year..

5 & 6's are my all time fave jordans.

The lack of hype on these reminds me of the fire red 3s earlier this year, which I love. Fine with me. Adult CW for us grown folks. Definite cop.
It kind of does remind me of that release. Not as many people talking about how the material's garbage (Which was easily the most common complaint I heard about the 3's. Just wore mine for the first time a few days ago and I can honestly say I don't care what other people think. Comfortable and stylish as hell. May look for another pair in a few weeks.) but a lot of people are actively hating on the colorway. 

Last edited:
3m Fire Red, Black Tounge Fire Red, Grapes, Black Grapes, Fears, DBs, Laneys

Really? Out of any of those listed (plus the others which got released that I didn't name) you didn't like any of the Vs this year? You must be lying when you say that 5s are one of your favorite Jordans then. We got multiple classic colorways of the V this year & there's no debating that at all.

For me I love 5's and loved the releases this year. I wish I had the black grapes but oh well I will ha e these Friday morning and they go with everything . As for the fire red 3's this year they are the most comfortable shoe I got this year and found a DS one on eBay to get as a second pair for way under retail. I now use my original pair at the gym and can beat them up. For me my two favorites this year have to be the metallic red 5's and the Laney's.

Last edited:

3m Fire Red, Black Tounge Fire Red, Grapes, Black Grapes, Fears, DBs, Laneys

Really? Out of any of those listed (plus the others which got released that I didn't name) you didn't like any of the Vs this year? You must be lying when you say that 5s are one of your favorite Jordans then. We got multiple classic colorways of the V this year & there's no debating that at all.
forgot about the fears those i wanted really bad even had someone in georgia pick up multiple tickets for me..

im in socal..

those were damn near impossible to get for me, i dont mess with white shoes, so those other pairs you mentioned didn't appeal to me.

the black grapes were ashy as hell, even if the material was better i wouldn't cop.

i still don't see all the hype about those, the DB's look like they were made of cat womans outfit and just ugly to me.

all in all with the exception of the fears 5's which IMO are the best jordan release of this year..

this years releases were weak as hell.

Shout out to @TIMMYBRIXXX and @stevesteve72 for helping me out and pointing this out to me. If you have some 100% legit looking Oreo 5's and you didn't get them from your typical Foot Locker, Finish Line, Champs, or wherever you may typically get your Retro's from, unlace your Oreo 5's and look on the side of the tongue for the words "Twenty Thirteen." Most of you already probably know this, but trust me there's a lot of new people unsure and who don't know this and it could help them out, at the end of the day I'm just trying to look out for people just as people on NT have looked out for me. I'll include the best possible picture I could take as a point of reference since I had to hold the tongue with my left hand (dominant hand) and take the picture using my big Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone with my right hand (off hand).

View media item 671815

forgot about the fears those i wanted really bad even had someone in georgia pick up multiple tickets for me..

im in socal..

those were damn near impossible to get for me, i dont mess with white shoes, so those other pairs you mentioned didn't appeal to me.

the black grapes were ashy as hell, even if the material was better i wouldn't cop.

i still don't see all the hype about those, the DB's look like they were made of cat womans outfit and just ugly to me.

all in all with the exception of the fears 5's which IMO are the best jordan release of this year..

this years releases were weak as hell.
If you don't mess with white Jordan 5s, then that doesn't leave many cw's to be excited about. Basically you're just choked the metallic 5s didn't release, because plenty of good cw's re retroed this year.

Back
Top Bottom