Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

That whole 8am ET logic Nike has is pretty stupid then. When a game or show airs on TV and it says 8pm ET people on the West Coast don't have to wait until the game is about to be if not already over to watch it. Nike needs to work on that and make it fair for everyone, it's bad enough that people have to wake up at crazy early times, but when you have to wait until it's actually 8am your time and 11am ET I'd be mad.
whatt? when its 8am et its 5 am west. which means the sneakers will release 5am your time. same with a game if it startes 8ps eastern it will start 5pm western.

whatt? when its 8am et its 5 am west. which means the sneakers will release 5am your time. same with a game if it startes 8ps eastern it will start 5pm western.

Yeah, I know all that, I live in the Chicagoland area anyway so I'm in Central Time and it would be 7 for me. But what I thought was messed and tried explaining to the person I replied to was that, when a shoe releases at 8am ET (presumably decided by Nike) you can buy the shoe online at 5am PT, 6am MT, 7am CT. But what I find ridiculous and extremely messed up, was that the person I replied to said that he/she had to wait in line until 8am PT which would make it 11am ET and not an 8am ET release. So, in a way if it wasn't for all the bots, you'd be better off buying online if you're on the West Coast. I guess it's basically the same concept for those who have to wait in line until 8am ET on the East Coast, but if Nike is going to announce a specific release time it should translate the same way sports game start times translate. An 8pm ET start time means 5pm PT start time, in my opinion that's how it should be for those who are waiting in line on the West Coast.

Yeah, I know all that, I live in the Chicagoland area anyway so I'm in Central Time and it would be 7 for me. But what I thought was messed and tried explaining to the person I replied to was that, when a shoe releases at 8am ET (presumably decided by Nike) you can buy the shoe online at 5am PT, 6am MT, 7am CT. But what I find ridiculous and extremely messed up, was that the person I replied to said that he/she had to wait in line until 8am PT which would make it 11am ET and not an 8am ET release. So, in a way if it wasn't for all the bots, you'd be better off buying online if you're on the West Coast. I guess it's basically the same concept for those who have to wait in line until 8am ET on the East Coast, but if Nike is going to announce a specific release time it should translate the same way sports game start times translate. An 8pm ET start time means 5pm PT start time, in my opinion that's how it should be for those who are waiting in line on the West Coast.
i get what you mean now. maybe the store didint open at 8am. i think some stores open at their regular time. i wouldnt know much cuz ive gotting all of my sneakers online.

Me too, I haven't been to an actual release where I'm getting up early to wait in line or something crazy, especially waking up around 3 or 4am to get a good spot in line. I live in the central time zone, so when a shoe I want drops at 8am ET my plan will always be to win a ticket if possible if not then log in to my nike.com account, footlocker.com account, finishline.com account, champssports.com account with my shipping and billing info already saved so I can get my pair. But when homie told me that 8am ET aren't really 8am ET releases but more like 8am PT that's when I thought that Nike was messed up and people on the West Coast should cop online to really get the actual 8am ET situation, or better yet Nike should say, if you're going to go in store and wait in line because you didn't win a raffle ticket then it's no longer an 8am ET release hut a "whatever time your store decides it'll open up whether it's 8am or later.

hi

i have some seriously question

i have j 3 fire red 2013 and size 13 is to small. all nike basketball shoes have 13 and is a lt bigger than this fire red 3. 

so now im planning to buy oreo 5. but i dont know in which size. are jordan 5 a bigger model like 3?

if i take oreo in size 13,5  will be too big or nor?

please help me with this problem because i cant always return shoes.

in general are nike basketball shoe and jordan retro shoes the same size or is jordan smaller?

i dont know a lot about jordans for now and hope that someone can help me

thanks
from my experiance with 5's this year they are tts 

hi
i have some seriously question

i have j 3 fire red 2013 and size 13 is to small. all nike basketball shoes have 13 and is a lt bigger than this fire red 3. 

so now im planning to buy oreo 5. but i dont know in which size. are jordan 5 a bigger model like 3?
if i take oreo in size 13,5  will be too big or nor?

please help me with this problem because i cant always return shoes.

in general are nike basketball shoe and jordan retro shoes the same size or is jordan smaller?

i dont know a lot about jordans for now and hope that someone can help me

thanks

Your best bet is to go to a store like Foot Locker, Finish Line, Champs Sports, or whatever shoe store in a mall you go to and hope that the hype still isn't there or that they have Oreo's in various sizes whether it's 12.5, 13, or 13.5 and try them on and buy whichever fits you the best. By what most people have said in this thread, people don't seem interested in this particular shoe so you may be in luck on Black Friday.

Your best bet is to go to a store like Foot Locker, Finish Line, Champs Sports, or whatever shoe store in a mall you go to and hope that the hype still isn't there or that they have Oreo's in various sizes whether it's 12.5, 13, or 13.5 and try them on and buy whichever fits you the best. By what most people have said in this thread, people don't seem interested in this particular shoe so you may be in luck on Black Friday.
At my mall we have finishline, footlocker, and champs.  Do you think I'm better off online or just going to the mall?

At my mall we have finishline, footlocker, and champs.  Do you think I'm better off online or just going to the mall?

Can you call up those stores and ask if they still have reserved pairs available or do you know if the demand for Retro Jordan's where you live is high? If so, I'd try ordering online first and depending where you live if you don't have any online luck you may be able to still make it to the mall and hopefully try on different pairs. Even though everyone is saying they are true to size at least the 5's are.

SNS will be releasing these online at 6pm est, but if you wait until tomorrow you can get free shipping from SNS..

No one needs to worry about these. I'm also positive it'll definitely be one of the easier cops. If you don't have a ticket or a pair on lock yet, you won't have to worry. You got the typical online sites in the morning like Nike, footlocker, finishline, champs,  eastbay etc all getting them. These are NOT a "TLO" release on Nike either also. Most of all of your shoe retailers at the mall will carry these also. There will be at least 2-3 stores in your mall having them. You also throw in the mix of black friday so many of other people will be busy with other things (example: having to wait in line for an electronic, so dont got the time to pick up the jordans right away at store opening time or online). I have about 10-12 footlockers carrying these even the hood ones are getting them and they don't ever get anything, mind you this is just footlocker too as you will have other stores and mom and pop stores carrying them tomorrow. Hope this helps, wouldn't want to see anyone paying resell prices or preordering a shoe I believe they can get tomorrow morning.  Even Modells carried these Oreo 5s....and you know what that means. 

View media item 672434Lined up an hour and a half before the store opened. FTL was already 30 deep at that time. 50 deep by 8am. Sold out at both Nike and FTL by 8:30. Glad I was able to grab my pair. Speaking to the manager at Nike he said taxi's will be limited, bred 1's super limited, but there will be heaps of gamma 11's. Nike was handing out hot chocolate and coffee with oreo biscuits to all those in the line. Also selling laneys for 30% off if you bought with the oreo's. I know not everyone is feeling these oreo's but I'm really happy with them. Anyone still on the hunt in Adelaide, get down to Marion shopping centre. Nike Rundle Mall was letting people order and pay over the phone cos there was no one down there and they will courier them to rundle mall to pick up saturday morning. Good luck to all those that are after them.

am i missing out on something just saw a dude on instagram saying he's going to camp out tonight at 10

Can you call up those stores and ask if they still have reserved pairs available or do you know if the demand for Retro Jordan's where you live is high? If so, I'd try ordering online first and depending where you live if you don't have any online luck you may be able to still make it to the mall and hopefully try on different pairs. Even though everyone is saying they are true to size at least the 5's are.
I know my size I just meant for my best chance to get them.

Also demand is decent I'm on Long Island

View media item 672434Lined up an hour and a half before the store opened. FTL was already 30 deep at that time. 50 deep by 8am. Sold out at both Nike and FTL by 8:30. Glad I was able to grab my pair. Speaking to the manager at Nike he said taxi's will be limited, bred 1's super limited, but there will be heaps of gamma 11's. Nike was handing out hot chocolate and coffee with oreo biscuits to all those in the line. Also selling laneys for 30% off if you bought with the oreo's. I know not everyone is feeling these oreo's but I'm really happy with them. Anyone still on the hunt in Adelaide, get down to Marion shopping centre. Nike Rundle Mall was letting people order and pay over the phone cos there was no one down there and they will courier them to rundle mall to pick up saturday morning. Good luck to all those that are after them.
Thanks for the info fam

Easy pass on these.  Not my cup of tea...

Agreed made my favorite eye candy at fnl Madison square bring them to the stockroom entrance where she let me examine by hand. The black looks like it will get really dingy.. The midsole looks like it will yellow easy. Easy pass

auskicks auskicks

Man thats suprising to me! Wow! Had 20 at ttp. But man i thought these were gonna be slept on! Nice job grabbin a pair
Glad I got in early. Do you know how many pairs were at TTP? Nike had them all stacked behind the counter. They only had 15 pais. FTL next door had 42 but there were alot more than 42 in line so theres going to be a few unhappy people today. Got to look at both pairs of size 13's they had. First pair had black dye stains on the white mid sole. The pair i took home has a little bit of a sloppy paint job aroind one of the windows but its hardly noticeable. To the people yet to purchase, check them out if you can. Another pair they pulled out has the suede all wrinkled. I dont think they were even going to try and sell them, they were that bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom