Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

mine just came from NDC. Great looking show, love the colorway. One question and apologies if this has been discussed, what is the best way to protect the suede material from the elements?

I'm glad you like your shoe's man. For starters, I wouldn't recommend wearing them while there's water, that means no snow or rain, avoid puddles etc. As far as actual cleaners, I'm not sure there are actual cleaners that were agreed upon, you may have to go back about 5 pages for that or wait for someone else to give you a better answer. But, I do remember people being worried about using the cleaner they were advised at shoe stores like Champs Sports, Finish Line, Foot Locker, etc. I remember someone similar to you was worried to use the cleaner they were recommended because it says don't use on fake suede, and I do believe these Oreo 5's are made of fake suede so I wouldn't recommend that unless someone else more experienced than me says it's okay.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like your shoe's man. For starters, I wouldn't recommend wearing them while there's water, that means no snow or rain, avoid puddles etc. As far as actual cleaners, I'm not sure there are actual cleaners that were agreed upon, you may have to go back about 5 pages for that or wait for someone else to give you a better answer. But, I do remember people being worried about using the cleaner they were advised at shoe stores like Champs Sports, Finish Line, Foot Locker, etc. I remember someone similar to you was worried to use the cleaner they were recommended because it says don't use on fake suede, and I do believe these Oreo 5's are made of fake suede so I wouldn't recommend that unless someone else more experienced than me says it's okay.
anyone think 3M scotchguard would help on the sock liner, to prevent it from denim stains? 

also, to those that have worn theirs already, does the sock liner pill? that would get on my nerves big time...

mine just came from NDC. Great looking show, love the colorway. One question and apologies if this has been discussed, what is the best way to protect the suede material from the elements?
been using the spray from champs(red cap) on all my faux suede Js so far i havent had an issue with them. i give them at least 2 coats

anyone think 3M scotchguard would help on the sock liner, to prevent it from denim stains? 

also, to those that have worn theirs already, does the sock liner pill? that would get on my nerves big time...

Totally clueless with those questions, mines are still DS in the box. I hope someone experienced pops up and gives you some better insight than I currently can, I wish I could help.

been using the spray from champs(red cap) on all my faux suede Js so far i havent had an issue with them. i give them at least 2 coats
that's the kind that I bought from champs when I bought these. But I was kinda paranoid about the material and warning on the can. I guess its good then and I wont have to return it.

my pair from fnl is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. i'm pumped to get them in hand, i've personally liked these ever since the first pics came out.

With what I usually wear, these 5s match everything. I keep it simple, personally not a huge fan of wearing bright, loud colors

that's the kind that I bought from champs when I bought these. But I was kinda paranoid about the material and warning on the can. I guess its good then and I wont have to return it.
You should be fine with that protective spray; I've used it for years on a bunch of shoes with the fake black suede like Air Force Max, Playoff 8's, Raptor 7's, Thunder 4's, Black/Red4's, Black Grape 5's, Black Mint Lebron X's, and Black/Red16's. Never had any issues.

You should be fine with that protective spray; I've used it for years on a bunch of shoes with the fake black suede like Air Force Max, Playoff 8's, Raptor 7's, Thunder 4's, Black/Red4's, Black Grape 5's, Black Mint Lebron X's, and Black/Red16's. Never had any issues.
Thanks! Saved me a trip back to the mall. Will be coating them tomorrow

my order from nike did not even ship and estimate delivery is the 5th. Don't know what is going on

Had my order from JJ cancelled today. Luckily there are still pairs sitting in the mall so I was able to pick up a size 9 a couple hours ago.

i bet my 1 pair will still look as fresh as your 2nd pair.....just saying
if u tke care of yur kicks i dont see a need for a 2nd pair
for example.... 09 aj7 dmp wore over the weekend....
View media item 677648

Think about that for a sec your one pair that you wear often im sure is fresher than my back up pair that has not been tried on and taken cared of just so i understand... and the pair im rockin now can last me up to a year cuz i take care and have a heavy rotation of kicks meaning i dont wear my **** everyday got other goodies to choose from

bad example

& if someone else doubles why does it matter to u

Appreciate it bro i wear all my sneakers i double cuz i intend to wear it in the future when im finished with the pair im rockin now...i dont double up for the hell of it or because the shoe is hyped i double cuz i can afford it and i like the shoe feel me

If you have the money, it won't hurt your pockets, nor set you back on your priorities like bills for example, why wouldn't you double or even triple up on shoes you like? I bet everyone on NT would love to double up or triple up on shoes they love if they could. That second pair is for when your first pair is done, and that third pair could make you money down the line or be a great trading asset. ny2jerz ny2jerz is probably one of the smartest dudes doubling up on shoes he loves. Being able to only get one pair and have to make them last year's really speaks on your financial power. I really dislike when a man downplays or tries disrespecting another man for what he does with his money, that's what female's are supposed to do.

Good lookin out chi its juss crazy that someone could look down on you for doin what. You like or how you spend ya $$$ i could see people not liking if i was doubling up for the wrong reasons but i rock all my kicks

Dude i get all that! My main point was, all of us buy shoes and i myself have well over 300 pairs and all im trying to say is with that many shoes it takes me forever just to get a 2 nd wear on a pair which could take a year minimum and at that point those particular pair still looks DS(as the pic i posted a 4 yr old shoe with no signs of yellowing n only very minor creasing)
All these reasons that i read about doubling up all boils down to reselling or future value and last time i checked majority hates resellers

Other than future value(or u actually beat up yur pair to ball which i kno most dont) i dont see any other reason to double up if you rotate your kicks wisely and take care of em well that 1 pair will stay "fresh" for years to come

But do you!

My collection aint up there yet sounds tight i been steady coppin retroes for bout a year and have 35 10 Ds onckicks i doubled on a couple are releases from when i started till now but most of em are me playing catch up and buying kicks that been came out before i started

Thanks man, does that stuff protect from the elements as well? Is it like a waterproofing thing ? Last thing I need is gettin a rogue rainstorm to hit and eff up these kicks.

Thanks for the information. So I guess what I need to figure out is what kind of stuff is good for waterproofing fake suede. I am considering trying out that rustoleum neverwet stuff ( see this link ). But I don't want to risk it just in case it eff's up the shoes.

Thanks for the information. So I guess what I need to figure out is what kind of stuff is good for waterproofing fake suede. I am considering trying out that rustoleum neverwet stuff ( see this link ). But I don't want to risk it just in case it eff's up the shoes.

No no no
Dont use that stuff on your shoes! It leaves a white residue and will ruin your kicks...google reviews on them...

I don't know how big your collection is, but I personally would save all suede type shoes for when you know it is most likely not going to rain or snow (if there's snow where you're from). Now, if your collection isn't that big (mine sure isn't) or even if it is and you want to rock your new shoes, I'd really really look into a sure fire way of protecting your shoes. Usually YouTube will help and if you start seeing a lot of people using the same exact stuff without any problems, then that's what you go with. Look into various fake suede based Jordan videos not just the Oreo 5's, but the a lot of the 4's. I believe the Lightning 4's, Thunder 4's, Green Glow 4's, Fear Pack 4's, are all suede based shoes. I think the Black Grapes are as well, and so on. If you can't find many videos on the Oreo 5's yet then check out protective videos of the other shoes I had mentioned and any others you know are suede.

So??????   WHATS' THE BEST WAY TO KEEP YOUR OREO'S CLEAN AND WATERPROOFED?

OR NOT?

CAN SOMEONE POST IT ALL IN ONE POST?   I TOOK MINE OUT THE BOX TODAY AND MY OWN HAND LEFT A SMUDGE ON THE SUEDE LOL

BUT YEAH THE OREO'S ARE VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE….GEEEZZZ

Back
Top Bottom