Air Jordan 6 “Olympic” Aug 3rd, 2024

I could be wrong, it's been so long, but that's not entirely how I remember the joke originating on NT. I'd swear it was someone asking what to wear with some shoes (I don't even remember what shoes), and someone legit responding seriously with the Vick jersey that in no way matched the shoes in question :lol:

ny2flbred ny2flbred people then started replying with the jersey whenever someone would ask what was a good outfit for any pair of shoes. I remember it used to truly make me crack up out loud. This went on for a long time here, till it finally slowly faded away. But someone brings it back every once in a while, as just happened. Always makes me chuckle and remember those good old NT days.
One thing i like about niketalk is yall got some cruel humor. Its funny if its not you being clownwd but if it is you in for a rough day lol..

Idk that ironing the toes on these makes them look better like it does the 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s. The 6 originally had a bootlike or cliff toe in 91’. As did the 7’s and 8’s. The 3-5 and then the 9-11 again had that more slanted look.
Not all 6s from 91 toe box had that bootlike shape. That's a lie. But yes, some did and some didn't

6's had a moment in the early 2010s when Kanye started wearing them regularly for like a year or two and people was still jocking his style at that time

7f1bdea9e60811f3d95cf70da275bac0.jpg
When ye still had style

Sure about that? Every pair I’ve seen had that boot toe, including my pair that I had in 91’.

Mine, too, as well as my OG VIIs. But the funny thing is, no one even thought about or talked about "oh the toes on these Jordans are too bulky" :rofl:It was just how the shoe was designed, and no one cared. In my school, we clowned each other for shoes some people liked and some people didn't--Jordan's were actually always the most polarizing--but for all the crap, good and bad, we talked about shoes, I never heard anyone say, those new Jordans have terrible toe boxes.

In fact, I always even back then presumed the toes had that stiff liner/shell that gives them that shape as a result of Tinker and MJ removing the toe rand from Jordans beginning with the VI. Seemed logical to me, to increase the support and protection lost from removing that wraparound piece.

Last edited:
Mine, too, as well as my OG VIIs. But the funny thing is, no one even thought about or talked about "oh the toes on these Jordans are too bulky" :rofl:It was just how the shoe was designed, and no one cared. In my school, we clowned each other for shoes some people liked and some people didn't--Jordan's were actually always the most polarizing--but for all the crap, good and bad, we talked about shoes, I never heard anyone say, those new Jordans have terrible toe boxes.

In fact, I always even back then presumed the toes had that stiff liner/shell that gives them that shape as a result of Tinker and MJ removing the toe rand from Jordans beginning with the VI. Seemed logical to me, to increase the support and protection lost from removing that wraparound piece.

I really do think rainking rainking was on to something when he said the lack of a toe rand makes the boot toe look better. The 3-5 all have the rand and look better with the slanted toe. The 6-8 does NOT and I will die on that hill lol.

Again, he's absolutely right. Anybody who had the OG's knows that if those toes got stepped on, they didn't crease, they DENTED. That was from the reinforcement they built into the randless toeboxes. When that got punched in, it totally killed the look of the shoes. :smh:

I have to admit that is wild. I clearly remember 7th grade 1991, every pair I saw of these at my school had the boot toe. The GS pairs I do remember having a somewhat different toe from the men’s sizes but I don’t recall ever seeing a single slanted pair back then, in any of the colorways.

Either way, I really do prefer the Taiwans. Probably in the minority but it just looks better on this shoe to me. Now when it comes to 3-5, slanted toe all day.

Back
Top Bottom