Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I just was saying in the AM90 forum we should all sign a petition like NT did for the air ship release to get that team to work on Jordan's. We would never trip on the high *** $200 tag again if we had the actual recraft of all our AJs!

I just was saying in the AM90 forum we should all sign a petition like NT did for the air ship release to get that team to work on Jordan's. We would never trip on the high *** $200 tag again if we had the actual recraft of all our AJs!
I don’t think there’s anything special about that team. They had a directive to make basically a 1:1 so that’s what they did. None of this is rocket science. Craftsmanship aside, retro Js look exactly like they want them to. Their directive is to make them look close but to change certain details so that’s what they do.

I don’t think there’s anything special about that team. They had a directive to make basically a 1:1 so that’s what they did. None of this is rocket science. Craftsmanship aside, retro Js look exactly like they want them to. Their directive is to make them look close but to change certain details so that’s what they do.

Conspiracy theories aside, is that confirmed??

Conspiracy theories aside, is that confirmed??

Yes; through blatant years of personal experience. Follow that up with outrage over the years which lead to a remastered program featuring tons of OGs that are.....

NOT actually remastered.

BC III vs Red Cements
White Cement IV's and BC IVs are two different molds during the same remaster crap
BM V's and FR V's are two different shoes. The FR V's have different leather than what is supposed to be on them (though its actually nice leather)
IX's still have a backward JM
XIII's are just another shoe altogether now :lol:

Ill give them credit for nailing the VI's though and trying hard on XI's and coming super close.

And 95% if not all of them still have some banana shape/boot toe obsession.

Yes; through blatant years of personal experience. Follow that up with outrage over the years which lead to a remastered program featuring tons of OGs that are.....

NOT actually remastered.

BC III vs Red Cements
White Cement IV's and BC IVs are two different molds during the same remaster crap
BM V's and FR V's are two different shoes. The FR V's have different leather than what is supposed to be on them (though its actually nice leather)

Ill give them credit for nailing the VI's though and trying hard on XI's and coming super close.

Sad. Still, I thought you had actual proofs of that statement, like internal notes overtly saying shoes had to be shaped after turkish slippers. But you might have pinpointed some actual, rationalized Nike business ethos. And I still got no clue as to why banana toes even became a thing through the decades.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand that, the thought behind post was kinda just joking. I definitely feel like any of the teams could do what the AM3 did, but it gets old getting the same shape on the retros every year when you keep seeing same as 89 specs or true to OG form. Dont feed us bs just say it's close to the 99 shape or something like that. On the other hand I still love every retro I own so maybe I'm being a hypocrite.

NOT actually remastered.

BC III vs Red Cements

Spot on bro! 👊👊

Sad. Still, I thought you had actual proofs of that statement, like internal notes overtly saying shoes had to be shaped after turkish slippers. But you might have pinpointed some actual, rationalized Nike business ethos. And I still got no clue as to why banana toes even became a thing through the decades.

You can't look for proof that they will never give you. Why on earth would a company tell you point for point how and why they are getting over on you ON PURPOSE :lol: ... you have to open your eyes and see it for what its worth. They legit tried to change Fire Red to Tech Red... FOR NO *** REASON. That's not even a physical material part of the shoe.

It's like allowing your friend to borrow money from you over and over w/o paying it back and after 10 years, you're still saying "But where is the actual proofs that my friend will not pay me back?" Good luck with that :lol:

Yep, I always say the 2016 Space Jam 11s are one of the BEST retros JB has ever put out but, even then, they embroidered the “45” on the heel to differentiate them from the 1st release. Look at the 85 1s as well-they fixed so many things about them but kept the awful non-OG swoosh for whatever reason. There is no reason they couldn’t fix that since they fixed the swoosh on the OG 1 lows in 2015.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
You can't look for proof that they will never give you. Why on earth would a company tell you point for point how and why they are getting over on you ON PURPOSE :lol: ... you have to open your eyes and see it for what its worth. They legit tried to change Fire Red to Tech Red... FOR NO *** REASON. That's not even a physical material part of the shoe.

It's like allowing your friend to borrow money from you over and over w/o paying it back and after 10 years, you're still saying "But where is the actual proofs that my friend will not pay me back?" Good luck with that :lol:
Dude is trolling. As you pointed out, it couldn’t be more obvious if you look at the actual products and the stupid gimmicks with JB.

Points are being made.

Thing is they don’t have to make the shoes 1:1. Dudes will cop literally any and everything they drop so there’s no incentive but to continue to cut costs to please shareholders.
Definitely hard to skip on something with NA tho. It only has had 1 retro in 30 years or so, but it is true a lot of the sneaker culture now is Hype stuff more then the OG product so they dont have to focus 110% on stuff like molds, toe boxes etc.

Definitely hard to skip on something with NA tho. It only has had 1 retro in 30 years or so, but it is true a lot of the sneaker culture now is Hype stuff more then the OG product so they dont have to focus 110% on stuff like molds, toe boxes etc.
It’s a shame it’s all about the hype now. Hypebeast sheep looking to see what Travis Scott wears to determine their next purchase. And these collabs are for the most part devoid of any kind of real talent. Virgil and Travis Scott can play designer with another mans designs. Wow. Yippee. The only notable hype **** coming out of Nike is the FOG 1s. Now there’s a nice original shoe. Jerry Lorenzo is the only dude doing anything even remotely talented in this otherwise pitiful trendy influencer/sheep “the gram” ****ing garbage sneaker culture now. Outside of NT I constantly cringe at this flexing bull****. I can’t stand social media or Reddit. The only sneakers that get any kind of love are the limited hype now only because they have more monetary value and it’s a shame. Someone here said he was sushi while the people that didn’t have his self proclaimed exquisite taste for hype trash were McDonald’s. First of all there’s nothing wrong with McDonald’s. As a parent of 3 and another on the way McDonald’s can be a life saver in a pinch. It’s like no bro you’re dumb and dumber with your orange and baby blue tux while I’m a fresh pair of concords.

It’s a shame it’s all about the hype now. Hypebeast sheep looking to see what Travis Scott wears to determine their next purchase. And these collabs are for the most part devoid of any kind of real talent. Virgil and Travis Scott can play designer with another mans designs. Wow. Yippee. The only notable hype **** coming out of Nike is the FOG 1s. Now there’s a nice original shoe. Jerry Lorenzo is the only dude doing anything even remotely talented in this otherwise pitiful trendy influencer/sheep “the gram” ****ing garbage sneaker culture now. Outside of NT I constantly cringe at this flexing bull****. I can’t stand social media or Reddit. The only sneakers that get any kind of love are the limited hype now only because they have more monetary value and it’s a shame. Someone here said he was sushi while the people that didn’t have his self proclaimed exquisite taste for hype trash were McDonald’s. First of all there’s nothing wrong with McDonald’s. As a parent of 3 and another on the way McDonald’s can be a life saver in a pinch. It’s like no bro you’re dumb and dumber with your orange and baby blue tux while I’m a fresh pair of concords.

I gotta give u a massive 👏👏👏 I dont think you could have been anymore right with this! Hype is ****en trash I HATE Off white and everything he did to the Brand. Mj is the biggest icon in the world to this day and his history is translated thro UK gh our favorite footwear. Way more important then Travis or Virgil, then you have these kids steal shoes directly from there biggest consumers just to sell them at 4× price. McDonalds is awesome man I came from a family that was lower middle class and still to this day with my step kids enjoy McDonalds and will never pass up a deal on store brand mac and cheese!

I gotta give u a massive 👏👏👏 I dont think you could have been anymore right with this! Hype is ****en trash I HATE Off white and everything he did to the Brand. Mj is the biggest icon in the world to this day and his history is translated thro UK gh our favorite footwear. Way more important then Travis or Virgil, then you have these kids steal shoes directly from there biggest consumers just to sell them at 4× price. McDonalds is awesome man I came from a family that was lower middle class and still to this day with my step kids enjoy McDonalds and will never pass up a deal on store brand mac and cheese!
Amen brother. I swear people that don’t even like shoes are scooping up the sneakers we want to resell. It’s a problem.

Now after I vented and talked some **** let me bring it down a notch and say this about Travis Scott. He’s great at marketing his brand. I see and hear his name everywhere now. So I gotta give him props for that. And I did like what he did with the TS 6. The 4s were absolutely hideous though. But I did really like the FF 4s those were nice. And the 1s are so overrated it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Back on topic. I hope these Carmines come out as good as the 2019 infrared.

Back
Top Bottom