Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

the red was Durabuck, and I believe the white to be a mix of leather with a Durabuck heel .. if I remember correctly its been a pretty long time since I bought my pair in 91 at jc pennys lol

When JC Penney used to carry heat. I think after '95 or '96, they went to just carrying basic Nikes.

They could mark em at 250 and people would still eat em up
tenor (2).gif

definitely copping... might even cop 2... i had the cdp but sold them after getting the 2014 pair... but once i get these im selling the 2014 pair... they are still DS never wore them cuz i wanted doubles but never got them... good thing they DS cuz quality was trash and i will use the money to cop these... this was the first pair of jordans i had as a kid one of the two the other being the aqua 8s... i asked my pops for the infrareds and he said no cuz it was too expensive so he got me these instead cuz they were on sale... copped from kids footlocker and was mad hyped when i got em lol

I always thought exactly that. Which is why I will be customizing my 2019s to have the NA in infrared and my maroons to have NA in maroon!
I have very seriously been thinking about grabbing another pair of 2019 Infrareds and turning them into “Reverse Infrared Sample” replicas. I love the 2000 reverse infrared sample, wish they’d give those an actual release.

But, I saw a tutorial on Youtube where someone did this, and it turned out EXCELLENT!!! Just repaint they midsole and paint the Nike Air and they look super legit.

I have very seriously been thinking about grabbing another pair of 2019 Infrareds and turning them into “Reverse Infrared Sample” replicas. I love the 2000 reverse infrared sample, wish they’d give those an actual release.

But, I saw a tutorial on Youtube where someone did this, and it turned out EXCELLENT!!! Just repaint they midsole and paint the Nike Air and they look super legit.
Sweet! Can u hook me up with the link on that video?

This guy uses a mix of “Varisty Red” and “Infrared” paints so it’s a little darker, I’d just use the 2019 Infrared paint. But this video gives a nice quick overview of how to do it..

Exactly I will just use the infrared paint if possible. 🙏
Oh snap Manalo. I was going to watch this and got distracted when I saw the thumbnail for it.

I tell you one custom I would love to do. Take one pair of my triple black FOG 1s and sole swap it with the infrareds. It’s been done and I love it. Manalo just recently did it with the DMPs but I like it with the infrareds way more.
72BB5FDF-201A-4F19-BE71-365643DEFF17.jpeg

Last edited:
I think he said he wanted it to look more like the 2000 “Deep Infrared” shade.. I much prefer the 2019 OG Infrared color.

I’m just waiting on the 2019 retros to dip back a little in price, they shot up to near Concord resell value this year. Might grab a lightly used pair off eBay to do it to, if I do this conversion I plan on wearing em a bit!!

According to Solecollector these have been moved up a week to Feb 13. Hope this doesn’t effect anyone’s budget planning or Valentines Day (14th). Full family sizing was also confirmed.

Exactly I will just use the infrared paint if possible. 🙏
Oh snap Manalo. I was going to watch this and got distracted when I saw the thumbnail for it.

I tell you one custom I would love to do. Take one pair of my triple black FOG 1s and sole swap it with the infrareds. It’s been done and I love it. Manalo just recently did it with the DMPs but I like it with the infrareds way more.
72BB5FDF-201A-4F19-BE71-365643DEFF17.jpeg
wouldn't do it because of cost and the fact that they don't actually line up that great together

sold my retro few years back when it was DS... for sure ill be copping the upgraded Nike Air pair

Back
Top Bottom