Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

You'd probably like the III a whole lot more if you could hold a fresh pair of OGs out of a time machine today. The shoe masquerading as the III for decades now is not really the Air Jordan III. Even the latest improved mold only goes part way toward being what it should be. There are not many shoes I want more than an OG-build/materials white/cement III.
I could not agree more with this a OG White Cement 3 with the real mold/Build the right Grey for the elephant print and everything would be my #1 want. If I could only own 1 shoe forever and it stays fresh it would be a OG WC3

Interesting you say that about the 3's. In 2008 I was obsessed with Black Cement 3, but then they came and went with the jumpman and I wasn't interested. Since then I haven't been that excited about them as I would have thought. I just don't want to pay more than $300 for them.

The Military 4's will probably come out soon, this year or next imo. I think Nike doesn't want a exact OG retro because I think they feel that it looks old fashioned, somewhat primitive and not that stylish. That's my theory. Plus isn't the essential "pattern" of the 4's already cut and they just switch out fabrics for different colorways?

Damn man this is a very very interesting way of seeing it. I never would have though that they would see it as old fashioned, but the majority of their customers probably would think the shoe looks "Ugly" with the higher cut and sleeker look. It would look like a actual sport shoe. I would love the OG military's tho I love that shoe

Hahah mee too man I paid 300 for my fr5s early lol. Fr4s I paid about 260 or so on Ebay To be honest I will definitely over pay for these carmine's too if I dont hit retail, I absolutely love the4,5 and 6 and will over pay for all the OG line up 😂😂😒😒

We're going to come up with a game plan during the week before release day.
Create a long list of online stores that are NOT the Footlockers, Nike, Champs, etc. places that are not known to everyone and have bot protection.

We're going to get these for $200 plus shipping at the most and maybe a little tax. That's it! 😉

That's a cool shirt. I take it that's the only one around, cause I want want one, as it's matches so many sneakers. That's some rare air there 😉

Screenshot_20200407-214349~2.png
Saw this late my bad but check out "Michael Jordan Nutmeg" on ebay. There's several listings for the tee though most are in a size L. If that's your size I say go for it. It's one of my favorite vintage tees honestly.

You'd probably like the III a whole lot more if you could hold a fresh pair of OGs out of a time machine today. The shoe masquerading as the III for decades now is not really the Air Jordan III. Even the latest improved mold only goes part way toward being what it should be. There are not many shoes I want more than an OG-build/materials white/cement III.
I don’t doubt that for ONE SECOND. It’s funny you say that. Just the other day I was watching tv and there was a time machine and the first thing I thought was I would use it to go back in time to get multiples of the OG Jordans I love, and naturally I told this to my wife and she just rolled her eyes and said “oh my GOD” lmaoooo
Hell I’m glad OG 13s are very much wearable now today (worst case after a reglue). And maybe after putting in some nice insoles to make up for the loss of the zoom units. But god man, comparing them against the retros, it makes me appreciate all over again the quality of the OGs. That it wasn’t just fond memories or nostalgia making them seem better than they were. And the actual sad thing is this was years ago when shoe technology was way less evolved. Every now and then I see comments here by what I assume are kids, dismissing the OG love as delusional nostalgia with the “OGs weren’t quality either”. But the all around softness of not only the leather on the OG 13s but the entire shoe just feels softer and thicker. And even with the zoom units kaput are still more comfortable than most retros :smh:

Got off track there as I do. But remember I didn’t have the pleasure of owning the OG 4s either 😢. And yet I love the model so much and wish so badly they would retro it properly. The 3 just for me anyway is missing something. For me Tinker’s genius shows when I’m looking at it from the front and the back, but the medials and laterals are a bit too simple and plain for me. I feel like Tinker wasn’t finished or was rushed or maybe pressured to tone down his design. This is all my opinion and maybe there’s evidence out there that proves me wrong so correct me if I’m wrong there. Some of y’all know way more than me about all this stuff. I just know what I like lol

Hell I’m glad OG 13s are very much wearable now today (worst case after a reglue). And maybe after putting in some nice insoles to make up for the loss of the zoom units. But god man, comparing them against the retros, it makes me appreciate all over again the quality of the OGs. That it wasn’t just fond memories or nostalgia making them seem better than they were. But the all around softness of not only the leather on the OG 13s but the entire shoe just feels softer and thicker.
You KNOW how I feel about this. The original XIII is a gorgeous classic and it’s just a shell of its former self now. It’s such a disgrace how they retro that model. They turned it from a Bentley into a Yugo.

You KNOW how I feel about this. The original XIII is a gorgeous classic and it’s just a shell of its former self now. It’s such a disgrace how they retro that model. They turned it from a Bentley into a Yugo.
I know you feel EXACTLY as I do. I have a love for the 13 also. It literally makes me sad to think we will likely never see Jordans get produced like that again.

Interesting you say that about the 3's. In 2008 I was obsessed with Black Cement 3, but then they came and went with the jumpman and I wasn't interested. Since then I haven't been that excited about them as I would have thought. I just don't want to pay more than $300 for them.

The Military 4's will probably come out soon, this year or next imo. I think Nike doesn't want a exact OG retro because I think they feel that it looks old fashioned, somewhat primitive and not that stylish. That's my theory. Plus isn't the essential "pattern" of the 4's already cut and they just switch out fabrics for different colorways?
You WOULD think that but apparently that’s not the case. They change molds and who knows what else.
Where is that dude? Seems his profile is deleted.
I believe he got banned for some reason. Not sure why. I guess he went OG and got banned like the Black/Red 1/Ship. :lol:
:lol: Yeah he was banned I think I remember Steve saying it happened over in the General forum.

I believe he got banned for some reason. Not sure why. I guess he went OG and got banned like the Black/Red 1/Ship. :lol:
He spoke his mind on things that had nothing to do with a shoe. And because it didnt fit a certain agenda of opinion, he stepped over a line. I dont know if he is banned completely but, Im sure someone in here knows why. :wink: Im miss his rants though.

I don’t miss him one bit. There’s enough negativity in the world, I don’t come to NT to hear consistent whining about the SAME thing over and over and over again. No thanks. Some people are just miserable.

Strengthen your mind, and stop being sensitive. It’s refreshing to read people speak their mind. You take it as negative, some of us take it as thoughtful and interesting. Too much group think, false positivity, and politically fueled agenda take away from what NT should be.

So what did Tobacco say? JRepp23 JRepp23

Refardless if I agree with him or not, it was interesting to read some of his assertions lol. He definitely made some really good points on the shoes themselves.

Back
Top Bottom