Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

On average what are people paying to get this shoe early ?

I've seen that with all the new "hot" releases. I have no idea who these people are, who are willing to pay $400+ for a general release a month early. These cats are definitely rich or have severe high-time preference.

Last edited:
The plot thickens :wow:

665098EF-D1C0-45CA-9EFD-C2E2FF51F72A.jpeg

I had to call Champs this morning and speak to an operator to order them, like it was 1991 😂🤣 had to pay $7 more for shipping😔
For some reason I couldn't get my order processed online? Oh well, they'll be coming soon.

Is the 23 stiching only on one side of the sock?

I had to call Champs this morning and speak to an operator to order them, like it was 1991 😂🤣 had to pay $7 more for shipping😔
For some reason I couldn't get my order processed online? Oh well, they'll be coming soon.

Is the 23 stiching only on one side of the sock?
Yes, only on the lateral side.

I've seen that with all the new "hot" releases. I have no idea who these people are, who are willing to pay $400+ for a general release a month early. These cats are definitely rich or have severe low-time preference.
I found someone with them for 380 a pair and I guess I moved too slow because they didnt hit me back up. Sucks! But w.e I have a feeling the shock drop is in the next few days. They have most of February uploaded on SNKRS except this pair and a few others and usually they shock drop pairs and then it goes up for NA retros. Also dont want to wait 4 weeks for a stockx/goat delivery after paying 380

Speaking of Avias, I Wikipedia them and check out these two separate paragraphs 😂
“In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Avia had a thriving line of basketball shoes; among those who wore Avia were Scottie Pippen, John Stockton, John Salley, AC Green, Clyde Drexler and the serial killer Richard Ramírez. Avia shoes are known for their performance, durability and comfort. Former Louisiana State UniversityFootball head coach Les Miles wears Avia shoes while on the sidelines of every game.”
“In 1991, Avia filed a lawsuit against Nike, alleging that Nike's ''Air 180'' and ''Air Force 180'' running and basketball shoes infringed upon Avia patents. Avia accused Nike of pirating its ''Cantilever'' technology, which uses a cushion to provide shock absorption and stability.”

Last edited:
🤣🤣 Me too. This will be my first time not wearing no-show socks since April 1996.

That's funny you say that, as 2020 was the first year since like '96 that I started wearing half socks and crew socks with shorts! It's so much more comfortable than "low/no-shows" where your bare ankle chaffs against the sneaker 😑

As for Jordans I have this philosophy that bare skin should NEVER touch them, at least for dudes lol

Last edited:
That's funny you say that, as 2020 was the first year since like '96 that I started wearing half socks and crew socks with shorts! It's so much more comfortable than "low/no-shows" where your bare ankle chaffs against the sneaker 😑

As for Jordans I have this philosophy that bare skin should NEVER touch them, at least for dudes lol
No-shows started for me in the spring of 1996, I saw some older-kids wearing them with Concords and I thought it was a wayyy better look than what I currently had.

After that I was the only one wearing them at my school. My entire school wore the tube socks that were Champs branded. They had a distinct band and design on the top, so people knew you had Champs socks.

When I came with the no-shows I got a lot of flack for the remainder of the year.

No-shows started for me in the spring of 1996, I saw some older-kids wearing them with Concords and I thought it was a wayyy better look than what I currently had.

After that I was the only one wearing them at my school. My entire school wore the tube socks that were Champs branded. They had a distinct band and design on the top, so people knew you had Champs socks.

When I came with the no-shows I got a lot of flack for the remainder of the year.

Michael Jordan, aside from his current choice of wardrobe, really was a fashion icon and trend setter in the 1980's and 90's, as he changed the way America wore it's socks.

Around the late 1980's we all started copying his low style of sock wear and as the years progressed, the socks became lower and lower until you could barely see them lol
Kids would get teased if their socks were "too high" and even now it took a bit of bravery for me to pull my "striped or branded" crew socks up and wear them with shorts, as it had been ingrained in my mind that it wasn't "cool" 😌

As of today, I've settled with half socks as "the ideal way" to wear socks, as I still feel I'm going to get teased if I rock the full crew sock length (but I still do it anyways) as everything in America is so weird right now anyhow 😙

Michael Jordan, aside from his current choice of wardrobe, really was a fashion icon and trend setter in the 1980's and 90's, as he changed the way America wore it's socks.

Around the late 1980's we all started copying his low style of sock wear and as the years progressed, the socks became lower and lower until you could barely see them lol
Kids would get teased if their socks were "too high" and even now it took a bit of bravery for me to pull my "striped or branded" crew socks up and wear them with shorts, as it had been ingrained in my mind that it wasn't "cool" 😌

As of today, I've settled with half socks as "the ideal way" to wear socks, as I still feel I'm going to get teased if I rock the full crew sock length (but I still do it anyways) as everything in America is so weird right now anyhow 😙
Not to mention the calf sleeve that he made everyone want to wear.

He wore no-show socks in Washington. I think it was the majority of the time too.

Back
Top Bottom