Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

From this bunch, the white/cement 3 need a GR release before anything else, otherwise I choose white/infrared 6s.

BUT NO OG JORDAN NEEDS A RETRO BEFORE THESE!

LastDance-Memorable-7-1080x720.jpg
Correct that 2009 pair garbage for real, need these or ima have to pay the price for a OG pair

Honestly, no one gave a crap about those maroon sixes in 1991. Same with the white/sport blues or whatever they were called.
As for people getting jacked ... that still happens. It’s just an “old” story the media doesn’t cover weekly. It got all the coverage back in the day because it was a shocking new phenomenon. Today, it doesn’t surprise anyone.
Going by inflation, it’s true a lot of the shoes were more expensive than now. But not by a huge margin. On the flipside, it’s about 100 times more difficult to get them now than it was back then, so the supply part had nothing to do with it. You could buy pretty much any colorway of any Jordan months after it released, often on big sale if you waited it out long enough. Speaking specifically of the VI, my friend got the white/infrareds months later for like $70. That’s how “hard” they were to come by lol.
The OG Concord XI release in November '95 was the first time I ever saw a Jordan sell out quickly in stores in my area and not get restocked. Then, the OG black/red XI release that spring was the first time I ever saw people waiting outside of Footlocker for it to open so they could buy the shoes. The only reason I went there at opening to buy them is because of what happened with the Concords. And it blew my mind there were 12 other people there lined up with me. That’s how unprecedented that was in 1995-96. Buying shoes and the interest in them was a different planet compared to now.

That's interesting about the clamouring for the Jordan 11's. That's true that at the time people only knew about something if they witnessed it themselves or if the media reported it.

hgebg76wvjhhl5steeds~3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom