Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I’m ready for some better pics of these... You’d think we’d have some in hand pics by now??
I'm guessing after tomorrow is when Nike will begin the teasing process, hopefully with some accompanying merch, although this past year and in recent years, non-Jordan brand clothing and accessories match better with Jordans. Who would have thought? More variety and less off-putting giant logos, except 'Nike Air', which looks awesome.
Notice how Nike Corp. doesn't flaunt/overexpose the retro 'Nike Air' logo on apparel because they know we want to see more of it.

Here are some cool pictures of the 1991 OG Carmine 6.

air_jordan_carmine_og_1991_08.JPG

Last edited:
I'm guessing after tomorrow is when Nike will begin the teasing process, hopefully with some accompanying merch, although this past year and in recent years, non-Jordan brand clothing and accessories match better with Jordans. Who would have thought? More variety and less off-putting giant logos, except 'Nike Air', which looks awesome.
Notice how Nike Corp. doesn't flaunt/overexpose the retro 'Nike Air' logo on apparel because they know we want to see more of it.

Here are some cool pictures of the 1991 OG Carmine 6.

air_jordan_carmine_og_1991_08.JPG
The more I see of the OG, the more I realize these retros will be nothing like them. This toe says it all.

805BE2DD-F63E-4082-9896-2278B8C8D0B8.jpeg

The more I see of the OG, the more I realize these retros will be nothing like them. This toe says it all.

805BE2DD-F63E-4082-9896-2278B8C8D0B8.jpeg

It's more aerodynamic than the "modern" retros we have seen thus far. l noticed that MJ wore his Carmines like this, with the lacelock down at the bottom. From what I understand, when he received a new sneaker for each new game, he would lace up the sneakers himself. In the course of the game, he would perhaps have to take the shoe off, so dealing with the little plastic lacelock, (so cute and adorable) would be a hassle, so inturn he just left it 'out of the way'.

Last edited:
Trying to downsize my collection (100+). On the other hand, I’d like to double up on these. 1 pair minimum is a must.

Last edited:
3 pairs. Just not gonna waste money on impulse buys to offset what I’m likely gonna spend.

4sh6qo.jpg

This has been my favorite post so far because it's 100% true. Rewatching those games, the Bulls just barely scraped by in '93 and '98. They were hard won battles and two 3peats, let alone just one is already an amazing accomplishment.

Last edited:
4sh6qo.jpg

This has been my favorite post so far because it's 100% true. Rewatching those games, the Bulls just barely scraped by in '93 and '98. They were hard won battles and two 3peats, let alone just one is already an amazing accomplishment.
There's no way they were winning eight in a row. Not because they didn't have the basketball talent to do so, but because of the mental fatigue if nothing else. Jordan was so fatigued, he quit for a year and half. Yeah, his dad's murder had something to do with it, but you could clearly see the weight building on him already before that occurred.

The reality most likely is, WITHOUT him quitting in '93, they probably don't even get the six they got. That break recharged him, and he in turn recharged the Bulls. If he stays in '93, and let's say they even win in '94 for four in a row (no certainty that would happen), they almost definitely don't win in '95. At that point, the team starts making changes (Krause), Michael probably retires for the first time ... and never comes back. Or he does, but by then Jackson would've been gone, Pippen would've been gone, the Bulls would've sucked and their ride would've been over. So Mike either doesn't come back at all, or he does but it's with another team. Either way, the Bulls wouldn't have won more titles.

Stimulus Jordan release, I'm already going with the mindset of these selling out n paying more then retail. Buying Jordans online has been damn near impossible for me since the pandemic. I last had these with the CDP pack back in 2008.

There's no way they were winning eight in a row. Not because they didn't have the basketball talent to do so, but because of the mental fatigue if nothing else. Jordan was so fatigued, he quit for a year and half. Yeah, his dad's murder had something to do with it, but you could clearly see the weight building on him already before that occurred.

The reality most likely is, WITHOUT him quitting in '93, they probably don't even get the six they got. That break recharged him, and he in turn recharged the Bulls. If he stays in '93, and let's say they even win in '94 for four in a row (no certainty that would happen), they almost definitely don't win in '95. At that point, the team starts making changes (Krause), Michael probably retires for the first time ... and never comes back. Or he does, but by then Jackson would've been gone, Pippen would've been gone, the Bulls would've sucked and their ride would've been over. So Mike either doesn't come back at all, or he does but it's with another team. Either way, the Bulls wouldn't have won more titles.
They would have won 8 in a row. Jordan had just averaged 44PPG in the finals. They were at their athletic primes. There was no way he was letting the bulls lose in the finals. This is no disrespect to a fine Houston team.

Back
Top Bottom