Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

So is it safe to think the 2012 was modeled after the Taiwan version while the DMP was more or less an exaggerated Korea version? I have a Korea pair that has zero oxidation to the outsole. I remember AquamanJ talking about all this a few years ago. Kind of needed a refresh. I like both original versions. But I do hope they dont go all black like the 2012. But not too grey like the DMP. Im gonna get em anyway cuz Im a sucker like that.

So is it safe to think the 2012 was modeled after the Taiwan version while the DMP was more or less an exaggerated Korea version? I have a Korea pair that has zero oxidation to the outsole. I remember AquamanJ talking about all this a few years ago. Kind of needed a refresh. I like both original versions. But I do hope they dont go all black like the 2012. But not too grey like the DMP. Im gonna get em anyway cuz Im a sucker like that.

Exactly. The DMP pair wax exaggerated, and the 2012 pair def Taiwan based.
The 2001 pair is somewhere between the two...looks more Taiwanese when DS, but with wear looks more like the Korean pair.

Idk what they were doing with that 2012 pair. It made no sense to do an all durabuck version. 2002 upper is dead on the Taiwan pair. All the pairs eventually wore into kinda looking like Taiwanese pairs.

Were the suede hairs longer on the 2002? I feel like they aged poorly. I didnt own them.
Was going to say this, I've had 2 pairs of 2002 and I always thought they had suede. I hated the material.

I sold both of my 2002s this is a DS pair I sold last year.

20200918_104402.jpg

20200918_104413.jpg
20200918_104456.jpg

To me 02s had suede. While the other retros and originals did not. Correct?

The original Taiwan pairs definitely had a more brushable longer nubuck/suede. Everything after that first run did not. Might not have been QUITE as long as the 02, but it was damn close.

EDIT: You can see the different textures from brushing on these Taiwans from earlier in the thread...

Screenshot_20220407-220802.png
Screenshot_20220407-220841.png

Last edited:
Underrated colorway. I originally hated these in 02 when they dropped. It was the holiday Jordan in 02 and I got the playoff 7s for me and for some reason I got a pair of the French Blues for my cousin. I can't remember why but I got both pairs sent to my house. When they came in, I opened his pair and was amazed by the leather and quality. Didn't expect it and was a bit mad at myself for not getting a pair, but I wanted the playoffs more and lived with my decision. I was able to grab the 2015 retro, which I like and still wear. I was lucky enough to find a DS pair of FB 7's about 2 years ago. No sole separation, nothing. I was surprised at the price and the condition they were in. Since then, the only thing I had to fix was the toe cap, that separated, but I re-glued that and they're good to go. I'll just break them out and wear them even though my 2015 pair is still in great shape. The only major difference is the tongue on the 2002s. They're leather and that version is better than the 2015, which is what made me cop them. I know this is a playoff 7 thread but just wanted to share that story lol.

Back
Top Bottom