Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
My post was never meant to flame. I just don't like to be taken out of context so I like to clarify, that's all.

Not about winning and losing for me. If you got me I always man up lol

Just all about my sneaks and for me personally, the Olives are a definite cop specifically FOR the color. And the Roys too because they're too swaggerrific to pass.

I've never owned a pair of 9s before but I find these to be too sick, and for some reason I really want to try to ball in these. Does anyone know if these would be any good for hooping?

Never ball in a retro. These days all Jordan Brand cares about is making money so these shoes are built moreso for style than activity. Try the newer Jordan's. They're made for performance.

I think the only retros capable of being hooped in are the fourteens. I played in the Red/White ones that came out around 06' (don't quote me on that date).

14s are so underrated and comfortable as hell.

I did in fact mention a fourth category. You just didn't read (comprehend?) what I said cause you're so busy being butthurt. Of course my post was an opinion. That doesn't make it any less true.

Your "Fourth Category" is just as ridiculous. Butthurt? Sorry buddy. I buy what I like, and I don't like these. So I'll leave it at that. Since these are a must have for you, more power to you.

Congrats on joining NT today! :D

this was all you needed to say in your first post
but instead you came out telling everyone else that they should feel the same way you do, or else they are clowns
welcome to niketalk

Nah. I liked the way I posted what I did. A few cats agreed with me so I can't say I feel bad about it. Thanks for the welcome. Been a reader for a while though so I know who you are.

Never ball in a retro. These days all Jordan Brand cares about is making money so these shoes are built moreso for style than activity. Try the newer Jordan's. They're made for performance.
I think the only retros capable of being hooped in are the fourteens. I played in the Red/White ones that came out around 06' (don't quote me on that date).
14s are so underrated and comfortable as hell.

It was 05'. I ball in the pacific 14s and wear black forests casually. The only thing I hate about them is the midsole creases extra quick, and the toe area creases inwards and makes a big *** crater in the toe of the shoe.

Can't wait to buy these again. Had them my sophomore year of high school for basketball. Our uniforms were black and gold, and when I showed up with these on my coach was said, "what the hell are those." My response was "the new Jordans." Not a single damb to match our uniforms was given. :smokin

It was 05'. I ball in the pacific 14s and wear black forests casually. The only thing I hate about them is the midsole creases extra quick, and the toe area creases inwards and makes a big *** crater in the toe of the shoe.

Yeah you're right. I would post pics of mine but I'm trying not to embarrass myself. Beyond beat prolly ain't the term lmao

I remember cats were clowning me back then when I was rocking em. Now everybody need those red whites. Times have changed in the shoe game. I hope one day the Olives can get some PT in the future too. Underrated shoe I swear.

Lmfao attack?? You prolly one of those guys who called Lebron a 'douche' when he addressed the haters haha
I laughed and stated an observation. Get over it dog. If I were attacking I'd probably be kicked off the site. Relax dog it's never that serious. You're mad because I called out the hypocritical nonsense people say without thinking.
And you don't make sense: if you read my original post it had nothing to do with people passing. It's people saying pass because they don't think they'll get some kind of props because other people are not wearing or interested in em. Damn how can you not see that? Again if I'm not talking about you, why are you people getting defensive? I must be talking about you then and
U MAD.
Grow up Peter Pan.
The olives aren't "doo doo" brown. They're...Olive. Can't tell the difference? Then perhaps you shouldn't be giving an opinion as far as I'm concerned.
Hate the shoes all you want. Post about it. Write blogs.
But don't get pissy when I post my thoughts. Just don't read.
lmaoooooooo!!!!!!! the first guy sed doo doo brown like 10 times and i was rofl @ the guys response, he called him peter pan?!ive always liked these btw

Last edited:
lmaoooooooo!!!!!!! the first guy sed doo doo brown like 10 times and i was rofl @ the guys response, he called him peter pan?!ive always liked these btw

Congratulations?

Yeah you're right. I would post pics of mine but I'm trying not to embarrass myself. Beyond beat prolly ain't the term lmao
I remember cats were clowning me back then when I was rocking em. Now everybody need those red whites. Times have changed in the shoe game. I hope one day the Olives can get some PT in the future too. Underrated shoe I swear.

Nothing compared to my pair. The pacifics bottom is grinder so the carbon fiber plate is level with everything else. Hella best

You must have played outside.

I only hoop in gyms to this day. Could never bust out the Evolution on asphalt. Not destroying my ball haha

Video is finally here, should set the deal breaker. Will you be copping or not?

If ever there was a vid that could get people to pay more attention to these shoes this would be it.

Not trying to hype but this video shows how nice this kick is. So if you're on the fence....

I've never owned a pair of 9s before but I find these to be too sick, and for some reason I really want to try to ball in these. Does anyone know if these would be any good for hooping?

Of course they're good for hooping in, it's a basketball shoe :smile: They wouldn't be my first choice as I find them bulky but they do their job.

^ On the contrary the last pair of 9s i owned (Charcoals) were really uncomfortable especially for ball,

on a sidenote saw the video if they go with that leather ain't gonna lie im going to be really upset but i'm till copping

EDIT: re-watched the video dude said kicks are from kicksole that website sells fake so hopefully that really ain't the leather they using

Last edited:
Of course they're good for hooping in, it's a basketball shoe :smile: They wouldn't be my first choice as I find them bulky but they do their job.

I mean, easier said than done

A lot of J's are made with pretty inferior materials at this point, and are not really designed for hard wear and tear.
Plus, when you take into account that even if they made Jordan's with the exact same quality and construction as the OG's, you'd still be dealing with design concepts, and technology, that are decades old

For balling I would recommend something that takes advantage of todays lighter, stronger designs

will cop with no hesitation.. funny thing is these SAT on outlet shelves for months. copped mine for 50 bucks at the outlets in Bend, Oregon

I mean, easier said than done
A lot of J's are made with pretty inferior materials at this point, and are not really designed for hard wear and tear.
Plus, when you take into account that even if they made Jordan's with the exact same quality and construction as the OG's, you'd still be dealing with design concepts, and technology, that are decades old
For balling I would recommend something that takes advantage of todays lighter, stronger designs

All he asked was if Jordan 9's were good to hoop in and my answer is yes. That is what they were designed for. I'm not sure why you're reading into so much but whatever lol

Will cop a pair to put next to my OG's

and don't wear them?
If you already own the OGs what is the purpose to get a retro that is made in lower quality?
The OGs had better leather, dull and paintjob that did not crack and chip like crazy,
plastic lace loops even on the first row, the Jumpman on the left shoe is facing forward (2002 retro too).

So you couldn't care less about people passing, yet your entire post that caused this "argument" was about people passing on the olives?
And how is it hypocritical?. That would mean that every single person you are aiming this at must own a pair of chucks or adidas in the olive colorway, but think these are ugly. I think they are ugly and I love the silhouette, but I don't have any doo doo brown chucks or a single pair of Adidas. So hypocritical was not the best word to use there.
I don't understand why you have to attack people like this just because they don't like doo doo brown shoes. If you want to rock doo doo brown shoes go ahead, but I'll stick to something a little less doo doo, you know if you don't mind. :smh:

Lmfao attack?? You prolly one of those guys who called Lebron a 'douche' when he addressed the haters haha

I laughed and stated an observation. Get over it dog. If I were attacking I'd probably be kicked off the site. Relax dog it's never that serious. You're mad because I called out the hypocritical nonsense people say without thinking.

And you don't make sense: if you read my original post it had nothing to do with people passing. It's people saying pass because they don't think they'll get some kind of props because other people are not wearing or interested in em. Damn how can you not see that? Again if I'm not talking about you, why are you people getting defensive? I must be talking about you then and

U MAD.

Grow up Peter Pan.

The olives aren't "doo doo" brown. They're...Olive. Can't tell the difference? Then perhaps you shouldn't be giving an opinion as far as I'm concerned.

Hate the shoes all you want. Post about it. Write blogs.

But don't get pissy when I post my thoughts. Just don't read.

Then you shouldn't get pissy when people post reply to your thoughts...I'm just saying

Last edited:
I seriously laugh my a** off at people saying "pass".

From my perspective, there are only 3 people that "don't like" these kicks:

1. People that are trying to be cool, by "passing" on a certain shoe

2. People following those people above

3. People that don't know how to rock these joints. (These are jeans with a fly Levi's leather jacket sneaks. Stop missing the point)

I know there'll be cats that say, "Well hey, I just don't like the sillouette/colorway". That never stops people from copping anything BORDEAUX, which clashes with almost everything you could wear. And the 9 has always been the red-headed step child of 1-14 for whatever brain-dead reason followers seem to come up with, but I can't see how people can find this colorway "ugly". I mean, do any of you wear dress shoes??? LOL

In my opinion, these are a sick shoe, but because you people can't rock 'em with a bright rainbow fitted, you hate on 'em. If that's the case, cop those Crawfish/McDonald's. You can be a clown in those, literally.

I agree with everything you're saying. Ironically enough I legitimately do not care for this colorway (or the Bordeaux colorway for that matter). But I also do not find it ugly, stupid, etc. etc. Just a colorway I've never personally been into.

Back
Top Bottom