Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
Copped for sure. Had em back then, will have them now.

Only worry is midsole cracking but JB seems to be doin a better job at that

It was 05'. I ball in the pacific 14s and wear black forests casually. The only thing I hate about them is the midsole creases extra quick, and the toe area creases inwards and makes a big *** crater in the toe of the shoe.

It was 2006. The reason that I remember is because the black/red 14's came out before the white/red ones and those came out in December 2005. I brought 3 pairs (one for myself and for both of my sisters) for Christmas. I do not remember exactly when the White/red pair came out, but it was definitely 2006.

Yeah you're right. I would post pics of mine but I'm trying not to embarrass myself. Beyond beat prolly ain't the term lmao
I remember cats were clowning me back then when I was rocking em. Now everybody need those red whites. Times have changed in the shoe game. I hope one day the Olives can get some PT in the future too. Underrated shoe I swear.

Nah bro, you are originally correct. The white/red 14's came out in 2006.

This thread has turned to a thread of explanations.

:lol: :smh:

Let's get back to the shoes, shall we?

olive-air-jordan-9.jpg

These. Will. Be. Had.

Source: TSG

Last edited:
I been trying for the past 2 days to find that picture of Michael Jordan sitting in his garage wearing the Olive IX. 

I mean, easier said than done
A lot of J's are made with pretty inferior materials at this point, and are not really designed for hard wear and tear.
Plus, when you take into account that even if they made Jordan's with the exact same quality and construction as the OG's, you'd still be dealing with design concepts, and technology, that are decades old
For balling I would recommend something that takes advantage of todays lighter, stronger designs

All he asked was if Jordan 9's were good to hoop in and my answer is yes. That is what they were designed for. I'm not sure why you're reading into so much but whatever lol

haha
ok, but your answer is also wrong
you wanna ball in a 2012 JB retro of a shoe with made 1993 technology be my guest, but i don't recommend it.
Chris Paul learned that the hard way about the PE retros V's

If your looking to hoop, stay away from retros, because retros were not designed for balling, simple as that
No other answer applies

Last edited:
It was 2006. The reason that I remember is because the black/red 14's came out before the white/red ones and those came out in December 2005. I brought 3 pairs (one for myself and for both of my sisters) for Christmas. I do not remember exactly when the White/red pair came out, but it was definitely 2006.
White/red was Feb 2006 to coincide with V-day

The, Chartreusse, black forest, And dark cinders came out in 2005. and I'm pretty sure the pacific low tops did as well.

The last shots, University blues, and the black toes were in 2006.

So it's and 05-06 release

The, Chartreusse, black forest, And dark cinders came out in 2005. and I'm pretty sure the pacific low tops did as well.
The last shots, University blues, and the black toes were in 2006.
So it's and 05-06 release
University Blues and White/Reds came out same day. I remember copping both on same day

Then you shouldn't get pissy when people post reply to your thoughts...I'm just saying
You'd have to point out where I became salty in order to have a point my man
smokin.gif

All I did was reply in kind. I'm asking people that if they don't like what I'm saying--especially if it has nothing to do with them-- why reply? I replied because I was being spoken to. Is this too deep of a concept?

Nah bro, you are originally correct. The white/red 14's came out in 2006.
That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure. I just remember having them at the end of high school.

Oh and when I said he was right, I meant about the creasing and stuff. 
wink.gif

I agree with everything you're saying. Ironically enough I legitimately do not care for this colorway (or the Bordeaux colorway for that matter). But I also do not find it ugly, stupid, etc. etc. Just a colorway I've never personally been into.
Duly noted.

And allow me to clarify about the Bordys... I LIKE that colorway (prefer it on the 7s, but that's just me). The reason I mentioned it was because I was trying to say that it most definitely is a funky colorway, just like the Olives. The difference between the two is that the Olive 9s are unanimously hated, but the Bordys get almost unanimous praise and I find that hypocritical especially when people mention the color. Most of the critique leveled against the Olives is based on it 'not matching' anything or just being 'ugly' based on the color, when FUNKY colorways (Hares, Gold Oly 7, Laney 5s, for example) reach unparalleled levels of hype and praise, when these shoes are just as 'difficult' to match as the Olives are. 

A lot of guys in the shoe game are just followers, and that's been going on before the hypebeasts. I mean, I personally believe the birth year of the hypebeast was around 07 or 08, but when the Flint 13s released, didn't everybody cop those? And you can't tell me 13s don't look like a dinosaur's feet 
roll.gif

Are people actually reserving these for $330 from Kicksole? If that's so, why not get the 2002 retro? :lol:

The one thing that I don't like about this shoe and all the new 9's lately, is the tiny jumpman at the heel.

You see how predominantly it is in that pic with the little kid?? You don't see that anymore with the new retro 9's.

Last edited:
this was all you needed to say in your first post
but instead you came out telling everyone else that they should feel the same way you do, or else they are clowns
welcome to niketalk

Nah. I liked the way I posted what I did. A few cats agreed with me so I can't say I feel bad about it. Thanks for the welcome. Been a reader for a while though so I know who you are.

Well, you shouldn't. Lumping everyone who doesn't like these into one little group and slamming them for not sharing your personal taste makes you sound arrogant and foolish. Plain and simple.

I buy what I like. I don't like these. Not because they're hard to match with; not because they lack hype, but because I find them unattractive...or ugly if you want.

Well, you shouldn't. Lumping everyone who doesn't like these into one little group and slamming them for not sharing your personal taste makes you sound arrogant and foolish. Plain and simple.
I buy what I like. I don't like these. Not because they're hard to match with; not because they lack hype, but because I find them unattractive...or ugly if you want.
You want to argue??

Cause we can do that...

Wonder if all the current hype will carry on with these. I'd cop one pair for the simple fact that when I got the first Olive Retros I dyed them black, so I don't technically own any Olives at all at this point.

You want to argue??

Cause we can do that...

:lol: Argue about what? Those are the facts...

Anyway...not looking to fill the thread with pointless back-and-forth. Back to the kicks.

Last edited:
These may be a two cop. Always loved these and I feel like they'll reach a high premium, and scouring for another pair for anything more than retail is never fun. :smh:

Back in the day, you could bet on these finding their way to the clearance rack/outlets, but now dudes are more flamboyant and liberal with what they wear on their feet (see: foamposites).

Something tells me that these will fly off of the shelves.

Last edited:
Anyway...not looking to fill the thread with pointless back-and-forth.

Quite ironic.

I don't get how you can try to "call me out" and then expect not to discuss what you're calling me out on.

Bro, this is a FORUM. It's all about back and forth. You should be on a blog if you don't want the discussion. I said what I said but wasn't necessarily talking to everyone. I feel like those that responded to my post ARE the ones I was referring to and you all got mad about it. Well if it applies to YOU, then stop that behavior. If it doesn't, I TRULY FAIL to grasp the point of your response to me. In that scenario, you're defending people that don't even know you for the sake of creating an argument and THEN try to run away by saying I don't want to fill it with pointless back and forth.

If that were true, YOU'D NEVER HAVE RESPONDED.

It's literally that simple.

Back
Top Bottom