Air Jordan 9 "Black Bottom" Nike Exclusive May 9, 2013 - $130

There is around 10 listings for these on my local Craigslist. They all started off high, now they are around retail. When are the dumbass people gonna realize not every Jordan is flip worthy, lol
exactly what I predicted lol. resellers minds inflated on this one. MAYBE in 10 years it will have some kind of value but I highly doubt it.

i got mines last wendesday and wore them that following friday, madd people came up to me and asked if i did a sole swap and i explained to them that there was a error at the factory where they was made and a couple thousand came with a black bottom. if jordan brand is telling the truth about only a couple thousand of these 9s had a black bottom then wouldnt that make these kinda rare?

Lol @ people who think these will be rare one day. 10,000 pair were made which isn't limited enough to be a rare shoe. I doubt these will really go past $200 ish really
10,000 pairs were made so like 10,000 people out of 8 billion people ( i believe ) have this shoe, i think thats rare but i could be wrong

yes they are obviously "kind of" rare but you have to look at the fact that they don't have as much of a following as say a royal 1. rare doesn't necessarily mean $$ value

I think a lot of it with this sneaker is the lack of hype. There was no month long build up or a 8am saturday release, so it flew under the radar.

Based on how limited they are, they would have sold out a lot quicker

I agree with the selling out quicker but hype is kind of the same thing I was talking about with the following. It's just not that "liked" of a cw imo no matter how you slice it.

I disagree, if it were part of the Kilroy pack, they would have sold out in 10 seconds and people would say that it was there favorite colorway along with the motorboats.

And If people knew how limited these were they would have copped regardless if they liked these or not.

I love how people are so concerned that this shoe isn't 'hyped' and that rare = hyped. these shoes are rare. only 1 place sold them and they didn't have a ton.

also, people worried about the value should understand that shoes go up in value as they become more limited in availability.

remember, doembecher 6s were selling for 200 for the longest then one day they were selling for crazy money. want an example of a less popular shoe? look at the varsity red 6s or the toro bravo 5s. those shoes sat and resold for nothing. now they go for stupid money.

I actually ended up liking this color a lot vs how I felt before I put them on my feet. I think its a real smooth theme. something subtle and clean. nothing like getting a Jordan that isn't black red every once in a while.

I love how people are so concerned that this shoe isn't 'hyped' and that rare = hyped. these shoes are rare. only 1 place sold them and they didn't have a ton.

also, people worried about the value should understand that shoes go up in value as they become more limited in availability.

remember, doembecher 6s were selling for 200 for the longest then one day they were selling for crazy money. want an example of a less popular shoe? look at the varsity red 6s or the toro bravo 5s. those shoes sat and resold for nothing. now they go for stupid money.

I actually ended up liking this color a lot vs how I felt before I put them on my feet. I think its a real smooth theme. something subtle and clean. nothing like getting a Jordan that isn't black red every once in a while.

:nthat:

Agreed. I didn't no they were only in one store. My boy bought these

i got mines last wendesday and wore them that following friday, madd people came up to me and asked if i did a sole swap and i explained to them that there was a error at the factory where they was made and a couple thousand came with a black bottom. if jordan brand is telling the truth about only a couple thousand of these 9s had a black bottom then wouldnt that make these kinda rare?
When I asked this question, fruitcakes just quoted me and said no..learn the shoe game...However....I knew they were WRONG MAN, so yes they're rare <3

Its crazy how the 6's just skyrocketed, NO ONE WANTED EM, now a ds pair is going for $800+

Def have to agree with this c/w being smooth, not too much going on, very subtle

I regret not copping the varsity reds back then. It wasn't the materials or the color that threw me off believe it or not, it was the fact that they would yellow lol I chose to just save the money
grin.gif

Penny hardaway PEs>>>>>>>>>>>>black bottoms

captain obvious in the building! :nerd: :nerd:

as for the black bottons, i haven't worn them and quite honestly no sure when i will get around to it. perhaps some time later this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom