Air Jordan "Fear" TRIPLE PACK III/IV/V

Dead stock commonly misused to mean "BRAND NEW" only. The original meaning of dead stock is; unsold older stock "DEAD STOCK". Most people use this word when describing a brand new shoe.

IMO, Deadstock means pretty much brand new.

If the shoes have been tried on, (clean surface) and you take em off and they still look brand new... the shoes count as dead stock.

I always clarify though. Deadstock, factory laced means the shoes are completely untouched.

Don't know when deadstock suddenly meant the shoes are straight from the factory untouched, but for me it just means new and could have been tried on.

:lol: footlocker and them be selling used shoes. These nike.com restocks have used shoes mixed in with them if you guys really believe a tried on shoe isn't new anymore :rofl:

So then by your definition I could try on my shoes, walk outside to pick up the mail, not step in any gravel/puddles/dirt/mud etc, and come back inside and as long as the shoes "look brand new" with no apparent signs of wear or creases then they can be listed as Deadstock.

So you'd be perfectly fine with buying those shoes from me as "Deadstock" for the market value of the shoe?

Last edited:
So then by your definition I could try on my shoes, walk outside to pick up the mail, not step in any gravel/puddles/dirt/mud etc, and come back inside and as long as the shoes "look brand new" with no apparent signs of wear or creases then they can be listed as Deadstock.

So you'd be perfectly fine with buying those shoes from me as "Deadstock" for the market value of the shoe?
You described a used shoe tho :lol:

Stop being a drama queen and over exaggerating.

Yes, if the shoes appear immaculate.. I wouldn't mind at all if they're sold as new. Just to clarify though, that amount of walking will show some dirt on the soles. If you can get it completely cleaned off and there is no wear then that's fine.

Shoes get tried on in stores all the time. They may even have some dirt on the soles, but those shoes are still sold as new.

Ideally I would like to buy untouched shoes, but like I said it isn't a dealbreaker if they have been tried on a few minutes. There is no visible signs of wear = new.

If you're buying shoes more than a few years old, 99% of them will have been "tried on" at the very least. Even if they are advertised as new.

Last edited:

According to him thats not used thats merely "tried on" and still passable as DS

FYI I'm not even against the practice. I've sent used shoes to Flight Club for consignment that had clearly been worn multiple times. Hey I guess it looked DS enough to pass by them. Blame Jason Markk for being able to make that happen

Last edited:

According to him thats not used thats merely "tried on" and still passable as DS

FYI I'm not even against the practice. I've sent used shoes to Flight Club for consignment that had clearly been worn multiple times. Hey I guess it looked DS enough to pass by them. Blame Jason Markk for being able to make that happen

And according to your prior post, trying on a shoe means it's used.

But like I said, if you wear shoes outside for a few minutes... most likely it's gonna show. Either a bit of dirt/wear on the soles or small wrinkles on the shoe itself. Then you can't classify them as new anymore.

And no, because I know that people now assume deadstock means completely untouched I always clearly define if the shoes have been tried on or not. But like I said... how many shoes do you think are actually "deadstock" out there? If you sell shoes that are used as new, that ain't right.

But like I said, if you wear shoes outside for a few minutes... most likely it's gonna show. Either a bit of dirt/wear on the soles or small wrinkles on the shoe itself. Then you can't classify them as new anymore.

And no, because I know that people now assume deadstock means completely untouched I always clearly define if the shoes have been tried on or not. But like I said... how many shoes do you think are actually "deadstock" out there? If you sell shoes that are used as new, that ain't right.

Can't disagree with you on that. It ain't right at all and I'm no saint. But there's a lot wrong with the current state of the game and if I can take of advantage of it, hell why not? Not justifying my actions at all but scripts used to give people an unfair advantage on releases and Store mgrs backdooring releases to preferred customers aren't really righteous practices either. Its a dirty game and if they aren't playing fair then neither am I

Last edited:
My III's were sweaking due to the back plastic portion so I ended up cutting off the pull tabs and they no longer sweak. Oh well.

My III's were sweaking due to the back plastic portion so I ended up cutting off the pull tabs and they no longer sweak. Oh well.
thats rough dude, i would've just dealt with the squeaking instead of chopping off pull tabs lol

Back
Top Bottom