Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

I was able to lock a pair down for myself through Finishline on release date, however, that afternoon I was able to cop a pair from my local Finishline at the mall, I sold that to a friend of mines who was looking for a pair, than lucked up and found another paid yesterday for retail at the same Finishline, so I sold that one to his twin brother, both at retail price. They were literally sitting.

Attachments

• CFF3D996-F2E3-479B-828C-FA2A23C44166.jpeg
    CFF3D996-F2E3-479B-828C-FA2A23C44166.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 2,920
Wish sizes 13 and up can be sitting at the stores in the mall more often
Learned the hard way at a young age, more often than not, aint no 13s chillin. Had spent many a saturday or off day from work driving around to different malls. And I could never stand the “we dont have a 13 but I brought out an 11.5. Want to try that?!” Like wtf??!?

He cool but damn a 9 min shoe review. Them joints could easily be a Shorts. Fit/sizing, materials, quality, some video angles of the shoes, etc thats it. Aint no one tryna watch no damn 9 min shoe review video.

I will say, not that he’s 100% with sizing for me, but he’s usually pretty accurate most times. Once you figure out his script, it makes it easier to scrub for what you’re looking for. I’ll listen to his intro real quick, the jump to about 3/4 of the way down the timeline, usually when he’s done talking about the materials, he’ll get to sizing.

Occasionally I’ll watch all the way through, and if I do, at least it won’t be cringe. But to your point, 9 mins is long. 2-4 mins is about all I’m good for usually. He’s an NTer, so I don’t mind clicking on his vids, plus he seems like an all-around nice hombre.

He’s on here too. Trying to tag him but his username isnt popping up for me

Is it because you’re using Sean Go instead of illistic illistic ?

I'm sure you also remember back then when a new Jordan came out, last years model became "uncool"
I definitely remember those days lol. People referred older jordan models as “old Jordan’s” lol. I remember when I saw the black/red/cement 4’s sitting on shelves in 1999, I told someone, “Man, I was at athletes foot and saw the old Jordan’s and they were only 99.99”. That was before I knew the jordan numbers

Another great review by Sean, one of the best non-cringy shoetubers

Oh man, I’m usually spot on with illistic illistic ’s sizing advice so now I feel screwed. I ordered .5 size up as my other 2s (AMM, OW) are way too narrow for me, and I even had to sell my Union 2s due to discomfort all at TTS. I went .5 up on these due to 3/3 2s being too tight for me. I hope these work out for me. :/
He cool but damn a 9 min shoe review. Them joints could easily be a Shorts. Fit/sizing, materials, quality, some video angles of the shoes, etc thats it. Aint no one tryna watch no damn 9 min shoe review video.

Fwiw YouTube’s algorithm prioritizes and gives more love to longer videos. To make it as a YouTuber you have to play by their rules and hit minimum runtimes to get views / engagement. YouTube prioritizes minutes watched, so longer video = better chance for high performance.

Oh man, I’m usually spot on with illistic illistic ’s sizing advice so now I feel screwed. I ordered .5 size up as my other 2s (AMM, OW) are way too narrow for me, and I even had to sell my Union 2s due to discomfort all at TTS. I went .5 up on these due to 3/3 2s being too tight for me. I hope these work out for me. :/

Fwiw YouTube’s algorithm prioritizes and gives more love to longer videos. To make it as a YouTuber you have to play by their rules and hit minimum runtimes to get views / engagement. YouTube prioritizes minutes watched, so longer video = better chance for high performance.

Oh I def know, but just saying stretching a video to 9 min just for that as a consumer I dont need a 9 min video. Shorts can get you to your goals just as well.

I usually follow Sean's sizing, but I had issues with the amm 2s. It's either they have too much padding in the mid foot area, or they're slightly narrower. I think a half size up might be okay with these, but I'll keep ya posted. Got both a size 10 and 10.5 to see which fits better

back in the 90's they would clown you for wearing the retros. its insane how times have changed. i know when they first retroed the 1's and 3's they hit 39.99 at the local shop here.

kind of crazy when you think about it because shelltoes, puma suedes, cortez, gazelles, chucks, were all popular at the time and those were all old models.

it wasnt til 1999 and 4 retros that **** got hot.

I was in college and the local mall had the first 1 and 2 retros for months. At first I was completely laughing at the idea, but then I kinda started thinking it was cool and I should buy the 2s. I made one of my boys go with me to get them multiple times and then we’d walk in the store and I’d change my mind every time. It got to the point where my boy was like, eff you dude, I’m not going anymore, you’re never going to buy them. And he was right 🤣
I never got the 3s because those actually sold quick where I was and were gone by the time I even knew they had retroed. I’m STILL legit salty about it 28–29 years later :smh:

I'm sure you also remember back then when a new Jordan came out, last years model became "uncool"

I was one of the very early adopters of wanting the older Jordans in my crew haha. You guys are right though, as soon as that new model dropped, you got looked down on if you were still rocking "last year's" pair.

I can say that the 94 3's SMOKED in my area. I was cool with the manager at the one shoe store in town and he would let me "pre-order" stuff. Paid for both pairs of 3's, but for some reason they only shipped the white ones to the store. The manager had to call other stores and beg them to send him a black pair for me. They only got the Chicago 1's that spring (which nobody wanted), and didn't get the 2's at all. I remember getting the Chicagos from them for $19.99, and eventually ordered the lowtop 2's from Eastbay. Saw the high tops sitting in the few stores in the area that actually got them, but never could being myself to buy them. Even back then, as someone who liked older J's, the 2's were too far out there. :lol:

Flashing back to mid to late 90s I just remember everyone thinking all the early Jordans were dated looking and basically the definition of what not to wear lol. No one wanted any of them. At least where I'm from.

I can't even remember when it changed exactly. Obviously, it's been many, many years lol.

Back
Top Bottom