Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

This was such a well done retro. I never had the OGs because I was born in 87 lol. I saw a post from some dude on IG flaming Jordan Brand for it still not being true to the OG. Maybe he is right, but they definitely made serious strides from what I can tell and it’s my shoe of the year without question

This was such a well done retro. I never had the OGs because I was born in 87 lol. I saw a post from some dude on IG flaming Jordan Brand for it still not being true to the OG. Maybe he is right, but they definitely made serious strides from what I can tell and it’s my shoe of the year without question
Close is good enough to me. Us grown ups understand that things change….even those $700 1:1 replica 85s aren’t that close to the OGs.

If they had those outlined panels I would’ve passed

I saw it was suggested they do a “reimagined” version of these…NO!!!

The Off-White lows are enough.

Close is good enough to me. Us grown ups understand that things change….even those $700 1:1 replica 85s aren’t that close to the OGs.

These are good points about unnecessary tweaks and the concept of replication.

There should never be tweaks with original colorways because they should always be in default form as it's how most people recall how they originally looked.

I've reiterated many times on this site about the concept of replication when dealing with retro versions. I'm also OK with close despite preferring exact match. I can accept close because any retro version will be a replica. And anything that is replicated will never be a 100% match with the original.

So this the first time they retro in true OG form without and black or red line on the medial and lateral aspect of the shoe? I thought they did true OG form in 94

Nah, the 95 version was really close. Just slightly different lines/angles here or there. Everything after that had the piping down the side until now.

Same here. I’ve thought I’ve wanted every retro of these, then I would see them in real life and say, never mind. They were always just off to me.
I also passed on the 94/95s, but that’s because my mind wasn’t ready for retros of old shoes yet (other than the IIIs) :lol:
back in the 90's they would clown you for wearing the retros. its insane how times have changed. i know when they first retroed the 1's and 3's they hit 39.99 at the local shop here.

kind of crazy when you think about it because shelltoes, puma suedes, cortez, gazelles, chucks, were all popular at the time and those were all old models.

it wasnt til 1999 and 4 retros that **** got hot.

back in the 90's they would clown you for wearing the retros. its insane how times have changed. i know when they first retroed the 1's and 3's they hit 39.99 at the local shop here.

kind of crazy when you think about it because shelltoes, puma suedes, cortez, gazelles, chucks, were all popular at the time and those were all old models.

I was in college and the local mall had the first 1 and 2 retros for months. At first I was completely laughing at the idea, but then I kinda started thinking it was cool and I should buy the 2s. I made one of my boys go with me to get them multiple times and then we’d walk in the store and I’d change my mind every time. It got to the point where my boy was like, eff you dude, I’m not going anymore, you’re never going to buy them. And he was right 🤣
I never got the 3s because those actually sold quick where I was and were gone by the time I even knew they had retroed. I’m STILL legit salty about it 28–29 years later :smh:

IMG_8246.jpg
IMG_8276.jpg
IMG_8237.jpg
IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8260.jpg

IMG_8264.jpg

Did a quick photoshoot on these badboys. Also, can't help but include the L&Fs

IMG_8282.jpg

Last edited:

I'm sure you also remember back then when a new Jordan came out, last years model became "uncool"

I was in college and the local mall had the first 1 and 2 retros for months. At first I was completely laughing at the idea, but then I kinda started thinking it was cool and I should buy the 2s. I made one of my boys go with me to get them multiple times and then we’d walk in the store and I’d change my mind every time. It got to the point where my boy was like, eff you dude, I’m not going anymore, you’re never going to buy them. And he was right 🤣
I never got the 3s because those actually sold quick where I was and were gone by the time I even knew they had retroed. I’m STILL legit salty about it 28–29 years later :smh:
You were Dave Magoo, 29 years earlier 😂
“I just want an 11.5!”
“Here’s your 11.5 sir”
“Oh? I think I’ll pass”

Lol at your friend. Eff you, dude. 😂

Why do people say this. :smh:

Every release you enter and win on SNKRS is easy. This isn't Yeezysupply where you spend three hours in a waiting room hoping to be selected. You aren't camping out overnight in the cold for some kicks.

* OR *

you can have the alternative I had where you COULDN'T EVEN ENTER for cherries and lost and founds, so I said what I said.

THIS WAS EASY.

Patiently awaiting my SNKRS pair.

😎

Back
Top Bottom