Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Mine arrived at UPS on Friday, finally got a chance to grab them today. Clean in hand, love the shape and the materials are hands down better than my 2004 pair.

I need a size up from my 9.5 in Jordan 1s. Toes are right up against the top of the toe box and I can tell they would kill my feet if I tried to wear them.

Here’s hoping I can find a 10 locally.

These Gonna Break In Noice 👌🏾
838BB1D8-BE5A-4EFD-892C-67A8D86D45DC.jpeg

E01EC719-9406-4528-8B5A-372EE657252C.jpeg

A3BEB809-C2AE-4ED3-990F-98468F236F4E.jpeg

Had some fraud pull $9300 through cashapp so I'm still salty while the bank figures it out and refuse to use any digital payments for the foreseeable future.

Regardless anyone local in Houston or around... hell ill drive to dallas austin or san anronio have an extra pair or if you see them in the wild in a 10 or 10.5 please @ me if delivered in hand $75. No preference on size, my foot is long and skinny and left is cloaer to a 10.5 while right is closer to a 10. lol don't laugh ive got Westbrook feet.

I'll pay more than retail just don't want to deal with goat stockx etc just yet, fakes scare me more rhan price. I will make it wrth you're while if someone local can oop me with a retail store pair with proof n of purchase. IIs are top 3 all time for me... maybe as high as second. I still can't believe these flew so quick. I'm so disappointed, snkrs is so so so trash to pend 17 minutes while other copped we pairs smh. I wanted these all year then got pushed back, then I took 7 raffle Ls and now flight club, stockx, and goat have all canceled my orders. None listed now were the price i originally offered and paid This has been a nightmare... over some 2s sheesh

I saw em sitting in the mall in austin..not sire on the sizes available

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 if at 903 1000 deducts, then 906 3700 deducts, 907 3800, 908 800 isn't someone frauding me I don't know what is... no notification from cash app and by the time at 909 wells fargo texted to ask if I recognized the transaction of 500 to cash app it was gone by then. My mind is blown what happened it was a not even month old debit card, just renewed it in December, I never pay at pumps, haven't used cash app in over 18 months... haven't had social.media since MySpace (no kidding) creeps me out noone has an answer just that Sashaqueenbo$$ received it so watxh out for thay name probabky fake. I'm a private person no way anyone even know u have money like that.... hopefully wells fargo fixes it and at least they didn't wipe me out just hope it wises me up more. No new car now though. 😢 You'd think there'd be a limit daily on cashapp mines like 7 AR the bank so no clue how cash app pulled nearly 10. I got declined the timer day becaue of a $64 uber eats dinner...
I saw em sitting in the mall in austin..not sire on the sizes available

I'll make make some calls know what mall? My buddy will drive me I just can't drive right now... vant feel much in my foot and I'm a little medicated lol.... maybe a lot I use count....

Quality of materials is like a 7. I wore my pair the other day and there was almost no break in time, found these super comfortable. Yes the leather isn't amazing or thick but it's deff not bad. Way better than say the Fire Red 4, Carmine 6 in comparison to some other somewhat recent og releases.

Yeah I honestly don’t see what the big deal is regarding the leather. It’s fine. The whole shoe is fine and by far the best retro seen on this model. If you don’t like these for whatever reason you just really didn’t want them in the first place. Any true fan of the 2 should be all over these. You’re not operating in reality if you somehow thought these were supposed to have some sort of extraordinary superior leather quality. The leather they used on these is more than good enough.

Last edited:
^ I was REALLY looking forward to these and wanted them badly since I've never had IIs before. Once I received them, the first thing that stood out to me was how the quality wasn't anywhere near what I was expecting, given that these are supposed to be the closest to the originals yet, and the originals were specifically touted for their quality (no, I didn't expect Italian leather - just not something that feels like vinyl.) I understand there's a lot of variance here, so some may have gotten good ones, but my pair is much closer to that cheap, flat, smooth GR Dunks leather than a nice leather as the proper retro should be.

I am definitely someone who wanted them that doesn't like these.

Why did you buy them initially?
I wanted them pretty bad since they were anticipated to drop. Just disappointed on how they look and quality is a let down in my opinion compared to what others have said.

It just doesn’t sit right with me paying $220 on these so they’re going back.

^ I was REALLY looking forward to these and wanted them badly since I've never had IIs before. Once I received them, the first thing that stood out to me was how the quality wasn't anywhere near what I was expecting, given that these are supposed to be the closest to the originals yet, and the originals were specifically touted for their quality (no, I didn't expect Italian leather - just not something that feels like vinyl.) I understand there's a lot of variance here, so some may have gotten good ones, but my pair is much closer to that cheap, flat, smooth GR Dunks leather than a nice leather as the proper retro should be.

Pro tip for everyone:

Don't expect high quality from NIKE & Jordan Brand. :emoji_thumbsup:

You'll be let down every time.

I wanted them pretty bad since they were anticipated to drop. Just disappointed on how they look and quality is a let down in my opinion compared to what others have said.

It just doesn’t sit right with me paying $220 on these so they’re going back.
Sucks that they didn’t meet your standards but I’m honestly still not sure what you two were expecting. Crazy that people thought they were getting “Italian leather” on a GR Jordan in 2023. That was a selling point in 1986 when production cost and demand was far less than it is now. You do understand what makes Italian leather “Italian leather” is just the unique hand made manufacturing process right? The leather itself is no different than leather from the US. Cow hide is same all over the world.

Sucks that they didn’t meet your standards but I’m honestly still not sure what you two were expecting. Crazy that people thought they were getting “Italian leather” on a GR Jordan in 2023. That was a selling point in 1986 when production cost and demand was far less than it is now. You do understand what makes Italian leather “Italian leather” is just the unique hand made manufacturing process right? The leather itself is no different than leather from the US. Cow hide is same all over the world.
In all honesty it’s not even about the quality I “expected” to exceed my expectations. There’s just certain silhouettes that I personally feel don’t like the look good once I have them on. And I didn’t have that thought with these leading up to actually getting them and not liking them in that way.

Back
Top Bottom