Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

II's are great shoes for pickup games, alongside the V's and XI's... imo :lol: great traction and the polyurethane sole's really comfy.

I had a few good memories in them too :lol:

More like great looking shoes for pickup games. Performance is another story. But shoes don’t make the player. I remember this crazy dude balling out barefoot and killing it. Who needs shoes?

C499BA9D-B7C7-42D1-A5E6-C82EA28EEE17.jpeg

I just wonder how close these will be to the OGs in terms of leather quality. It would be dope if they were manufactured the same way (longshot I know). Looking forward to filling the gap in my collection with missing the 2s for all these years.

Overly excited for these. I threw my 04s out two years ago. These were my first II I ever owned back in 2004. Funny you say they had good traction because I disagree. The rest of the shoe is good enough to hoop in and super comfy to me.

I just wonder how close these will be to the OGs in terms of leather quality. It would be dope if they were manufactured the same way (longshot I know). Looking forward to filling the gap in my collection with missing the 2s for all these years.
Plywood with a nice vinyl veneer ontop. We’ll all be clamouring for these and say how Nike did a great job and how they’re the truest retro to the og. Meanwhile Nike laughing all the way to the bank

More like great looking shoes for pickup games. Performance is another story. But shoes don’t make the player. I remember this crazy dude balling out barefoot and killing it. Who needs shoes?

Ive heard 2’s arent bad on court by more than one person. One of my best friends said that was his first real basketball shoe that he’d use for games back in the day.

Theres some shoes that would seem crazy to ball in now considering todays “tech” but really we just being nit picky with these shoes and “tech” it comes with. Tech is overrated, to an extent just another marketing ploy to get you to spend the money on em. Some shoes just feel nice to play in for some people. I had a friend who wore only 7’s to play in. I could NEVER in some 7’s. Ive played ball in 10’s and I like em a lot, a bit heavy but dont mind playing in them at all. Some people hate em.

I just wonder how close these will be to the OGs in terms of leather quality. It would be dope if they were manufactured the same way (longshot I know).

Made in Italy?

Did ya'll not see my post/watch the clip? :lol: :nerd:

Finally listened to that clip. I’ll still believe it when I see it. These are gonna have to be really great now to meet all that hype.
And if they are, awesome, but I’m gonna mostly be pissed they finally did a shoe right and it was the II rather than III or IV :smh:

I am 1000% ready to be disappointed. :lol:

Bet it comes with the made in Italy sticker on the box though. I bet these turn out pretty nice. They gonna match the toe of the Off Whites obviously. Give us the whole original packing and all. Im excited for them. Especially a pair with out the piping on it. It dont take me back to 87, honestly it takes me back to 95. Those were good times to me.

Last edited:
This was the first Nike to cost 3 digits. That in itself caused hype in late 86 early 87. IT COST $100 IT COST $100 i remember them shouting in the 7th grade lunchroom. Iguana Skin? Made in Italy? All great details to justify the price tag. Could this be the first (non premio) $250 Air Jordan retro to repeat a little more history?

This was the first Nike to cost 3 digits. That in itself caused hype in late 86 early 87. IT COST $100 IT COST $100 i remember them shouting in the 7th grade lunchroom. Iguana Skin? Made in Italy? All great details to justify the price tag. Could this be the first (non premio) $250 Air Jordan retro to repeat a little more history?
I'm gonna guess 225$. You may be right about it pushing close to 250$ though.

Back
Top Bottom